"You’re not unemployed – you lack self-reliance "

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 9:58 pm

Mr Steel on form as usual.

A Labour MP sychophant has a hissy fit as Owen Jones contradicts his stance on benefit reforms.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 87753.html

My deviant art profile

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 10:21 pm

Nice to know the US hasn't cornered the market on douche bags....

Good history lesson too...

Quote:
In the 1930s, tens of millions across the world were out of work because they all suddenly forgot to be self-reliant, the useless bastards. Before long, many of them had no shoes, and luckily no one gave them any, so by the end of the decade they perked themselves up, which was handy as otherwise there would have been no one to fight the Second World War.

:lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 11:01 pm

GoonSquad wrote:

Quote:
In the 1930s, tens of millions across the world were out of work because they all suddenly forgot to be self-reliant, the useless bastards. Before long, many of them had no shoes, and luckily no one gave them any, so by the end of the decade they perked themselves up, which was handy as otherwise there would have been no one to fight the Second World War.

^^^ :lol:

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2013, 1:35 pm

And our MP's wonder why people don't vote. There is no clear difference in any policies by these parties. The Lib Dems are Tories underneath their clothing, Labour are uncertain of who they are anymore, and the Tories are trying to be the most Tory they've ever been by just saying nasty s**t to anyone who isn't rich.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2013, 6:04 pm

Misslizard wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

Quote:

People respond to incentives.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2013, 6:23 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

Quote:

People respond to incentives.

That is true, but whats wrong is to punish people for failing to accord to socially popular concepts of success.

The system we have at the moment is one of carrot and stick. However the carrot is usually pulled away at the last second.

If i had my way, we would drop the stick and double the size of the carrot. Also the carrot would be static.

My deviant art profile