What are relationships all about?

Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 7:37 am

Cynic wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Have you ever considered that people seek one another out for a little something called Love?

In a macho dog-eat-dog world where image and status are the be all and end all, there is no room for sentiment. Ultimately human beings are essentially no different from chimpanzees.

And I thought I was misanthropic and nihilistic...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 5:04 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
Three words: selflessness from both.

In one word: Love.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 5:43 pm

in another l-word- luck.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 5:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
and I long thought I was missing the world due to my lack of body language- now all this talk about communicating olfactorily is making me feel like I am even more defective! :hmph: I might as well be the robot in "demon with the glass hand."

I don't think there's any reason to feel defective - maybe you just never met anyone who tripped your "pheromone meter." In any case, don't feel bad for not responding olfactorily - that tendency has, in the past, made me overlook some huge red flags and dive into a relationship that I should never have been in..... :oops:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 6:33 pm

^^^
in all my decades of living, I have found no clue that I even have a pheromone meter. just like I don't have a real facial recognition meter or body language meter. but I trust that since your pheromone meter is working that you will find love sooner rather than later.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 6:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
in all my decades of living, I have found no clue that I even have a pheromone meter. just like I don't have a real facial recognition meter or body language meter. but I trust that since your pheromone meter is working that you will find love sooner rather than later.

Almost everyone is unaware of their "pheromone meter." It's more of a subconscious thing that just happens. I never sniff the air and think "ooooh, pheromones of someone I like or someone that likes me!" lol, no, I've just noticed that I like the smells of people that I like. Super simple.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 6:45 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

Almost everyone is unaware of their "pheromone meter." It's more of a subconscious thing that just happens. I never sniff the air and think "ooooh, pheromones of someone I like or someone that likes me!" lol, no, I've just noticed that I like the smells of people that I like. Super simple.

I've never been able to notice the smells of people that I like, I wonder if that is something. otherwise I can tell if people reek one way or another.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 6:46 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

This is how it works for me, too. I've met guys that I thought I should be attracted to, and then danced with them or hugged them and felt nothing. Conversely, I've met guys that I thought there was no chance in hell I'd be attracted to, and then danced with them or hugged them and got tingly. It's not even a conscious awareness of how they smell, it's just either "yes" or "no" as regards physical attraction. Does that make any sense?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 6:48 pm

it makes perfect sense if one has the right stuff to begin with.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 10:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Well, I've read a lot of your posts and thought you had your sh*t pretty well together, so who's to say you *don't* have the right stuff? :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 11:03 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well, I've read a lot of your posts and thought you had your sh*t pretty well together, so who's to say you *don't* have the right stuff? :lol:

:hail: but I was thinking that maybe my life would have turned out differently had I been born with all the olfactory pheromone detection and transmission stuff working alright, together with body language facility.

Pabbicus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Dec 2013, 4:50 am

Power and conflict, as far as I can see. Both parties want to be in control but if they get the power they get bored of the person they're with, so to avoid being dumped you have to fight with the person. If you're loving and accommodating you get either no attention in the first place or treated like a doormat.