Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SonicTommy
Raven
Raven

27 Dec 2013, 8:54 am

Comments would be great, thanks :)

Terror

Twisting grinding, ciphers prowling, unnatural growling.
Much too silent, golden tis not, mind hence vulnerable.
then shalt thus rot. Shadows picking at you from the wall, luminous glow, makes them stretch tall.
lucky fairies seem a' napping, ghastly things so come a' tapping....hole in ceiling makes a dread noise,
But who'd believe those distant young boys..? Those voices some hear will also cower,
for the stricken reality holds much more power. Writhing minds, and tortured soul, gaze fearfully, awfully, into the hole.
Abyss, so apt, for this hath no ground, never smiling, always hath frown'd. Doth the darkness know your fears?
Spirit punters that bet so never fear arrears. Ebony, fogging, constricting, minds pained flogging. Lamps only light can be no help, victim scream panicked burble, yelp. Nails bleeding, fear a' kneading, hounds blood baying, desperate praying.
Choking terror grip, hope against hope, but no release, no slip. Your abode morphs, now demonic structure, slurking beasts,mind’s veins they rupture...
Hark, the doom portent banshee wail, the monstrous beings, goblins blood trail.
Nightly wolf hunt, your scent lures their pride; running hastens the hunt, tis not possible to hide.

Damnation
of the delicate sanity connection
will suffice
to destroy you, so be
strong lest you wish to live your days with more fear
then
the
darkness
itself can give, but heed the warnings blown by the icy wind of indifference
to the eventual outcome. The terror
draws closer.

Terror indeed

Hazwold
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2013, 10:05 pm

This is really awesome!
I love the gothic style and tone!

Urthred
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Dec 2013, 12:14 am

There is definitely something here it has moments reminiscent of Poe. A few notes though, the layout and format of the poem can do wonders for the sound of it, try breaking up the lines in different ways while reading them aloud. Just be sure when you read them aloud you pause where you place a comma or where you break the line, remember poetry is meant to be read aloud it is a celebration of the aesthetic nature of words,
Fore example:
Twisting grinding, cyphers prowling unnatural... growling.
Much to silent, golden tis not,
mind hence vulnerable then shalt thus rot.
Shadows picking at you from the wall,
luminous glow, makes them stretch tall.

Of course I am just an amateur I do not even try and pretend I am an expert.