Bad Singers on American Idol Autistic??!

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2007, 11:43 am

Lately it seems that all i hear when it comes to the bad singers who audition on American Idol is that they might be autistic, have AS..even on the local talk station it was mentioned (somebody called in and set them straight though) Has it even crossed their minds that MAYBE THEY'RE JUST BAD SINGERS? And NOT autistic?? I'm sure some people who are autistic, severe or not, are not that good, but c'mon..i'm seen several NT's on American Idol (and karaoke bars) who couldn't carry a note to save their ass..these idiots who come up with this crap need to look into their little theories and do some more research before sharing them with everybody else..this is just insane..

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Feb 2007, 11:45 am

there was one autistic guy who simon made fun of. The media made a big deal out of that as the kid didn't even realize he was bad because he was so autistic.

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2007, 11:47 am

it seems Simon makes fun of most of those who audition..he's NT supreme..(are you talking about William Hung?)

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Feb 2007, 11:51 am

MrMeaner wrote:
it seems Simon makes fun of most of those who audition..he's NT supreme..(are you talking about William Hung?)

i don't know. that show is trashy imho.

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2007, 12:02 pm

i only watch the first round..after that, i don't care

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 12:15 pm

I actually came into American Idol this semester.

I love it.

I love judging who can't sing.

Oh and please tell me people that you didn't laugh or at least get disgusted when the fat chick wearing yellow came in a week ago. that was sad and halarious.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 12:16 pm

Yeah, that show is utter crap. It's sub-garbage. If they do mock autistic people it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 12:27 pm

Yeah, American Idol is garbage, and I'm not surprised one bit about how they treat autistic people. Although I'll give the show credit for one thing: it helped Kelly Clarkson, one of my favorite artists, get her career started. Other than that, I couldn't care less.

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2007, 12:31 pm

i'll have to admit Clay Aiken is an ok singer too..just don't care for his style of music though

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 12:36 pm

Actually, I sing fairly well. I can carry a tune well. I used that ability to tune a tape recorder for my Apple II. Those that have tried to save to/recover from tape on the Apple II know what I am talking about. I certainly DID sign better earlier though. Would I go on American Idol? NOPE!

HOW could the jerks on American Idol NOT know how bad they sound? ONE didn't even really sing and the person later seemed to just be shooting for "15 minutes of fame". The person hit the talk show/news circuit the next day. That person even has a CD with a title of something like "I'm better than you".

Steve

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2007, 12:40 pm

I think many of them sing bad just to get their 15 minutes, er seconds..

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2007, 12:46 pm

I’m autistic and a bad singer and I would never go on American Idol and make a fool of my self. As a matter of fact I detest that show for it is not a talent competition but a marketing gimmick designed merely to insult and humiliate individuals who aren’t aware of their sub par singing abilities.

TeeTee_Mom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2007, 12:50 pm

alex wrote:
there was one autistic guy who simon made fun of. The media made a big deal out of that as the kid didn't even realize he was bad because he was so autistic.

I thought he as AS when I saw him. He said he had been studying singing for months now, day and night and watching performers constantly. He had it all figured out how to sing and how to move etc and he seemed very methodical about it all.....and I wanted to hug him and tell him he was fantastic. He did not understand why Simon thought he sounded inaccurate....

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2007, 12:58 pm

hey Alex changed his Icon :D

alex wrote:

I don’t mind them making fun of a bad singer even if that person happens to be autistic.

But the way in which they go about trying to embarrass someone on national TV is blatantly inappropriate!

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 2:09 pm

surely this show has been going long enough for potential contestants to know what they are letting themselves in for?

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 2:48 pm

I'm AS and I plan on auditioning one day. I'm from a family who sings, though I gave up the choir route after Freshman (sophmore?) year. I didn't want to be seen as a choir geek and whatnot. sides, choir people don't have lives. our lives are singing.

I almost thought about being a music major for college.........yeah. not. choir three hours a day. right. not happening. not in my life time.