Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 793

28 Dec 2013, 9:35 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/28/hurricane-sandy-put-newtown-shooting-adam-lanza_n_4511715.html

Quote:
A nurse said that she interviewed gunman Adam Lanza four times in 2006 and 2007 and that he had been diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and was "emotionally paralyzed," changing his socks 20 times a day.

Now a lot of people are going to think that everyone with OCD has violent tendencies, is "emotionally paralyzed", and changes their socks 20 times a day. I really hate the media.



BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,622
Location: PA, USA

28 Dec 2013, 10:11 am

Gee, media, what ever is the matter? Did Aspies do such a vocal job of standing up for ourselves that you cannot scapegoat us any more, so that you now must seek another demographic to sensationally demonize??

I can hear it: "Well, there are millions of people with Asperger, ladies,and it turns out that some of them can verbalize circles around us. We really came out with egg on our faces. How can we save face in this debacle??"

"How about a smaller demographic, ma'am? There are probably only a few tens of thousands of Americans with Asperger and OCD. They pprobably aren't a big enough force to argue, and we will just look like we uncovered additional information. Those pesky retards will be so glad to be off the hook that they won't say another word..."

Fools! You didn't plan on the amazing powers of perseveration...


_________________
"Alas, our dried voices when we whisper together are quiet and meaningless, as wind in dry grass, or rats' feet over broken glass in our dry cellar." --TS Eliot, "The Hollow Men"


KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jun 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,648

28 Dec 2013, 11:35 am

Why should anybody give a f**k about what a guy like him was diagnosed with? Cold-blooded murderers can be found in any segment of society.



Willard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,030

28 Dec 2013, 1:55 pm

Where's the security video of Lanza inside the school building?



BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,622
Location: PA, USA

28 Dec 2013, 8:18 pm

Gee, media, what ever is the matter? Did Aspies do such a vocal job of standing up for ourselves that you cannot scapegoat us any more, so that you now must seek another demographic to sensationally demonize??

I can hear it: "Well, there are millions of people with Asperger, ladies,and it turns out that some of them can verbalize circles around us. We really came out with egg on our faces. How can we save face in this debacle??"

"How about a smaller demographic, ma'am? There are probably only a few tens of thousands of Americans with Asperger and OCD. They pprobably aren't a big enough force to argue, and we will just look like we uncovered additional information. Those pesky retards will be so glad to be off the hook that they won't say another word..."

Fools! You didn't plan on the amazing powers of perseveration...


_________________
"Alas, our dried voices when we whisper together are quiet and meaningless, as wind in dry grass, or rats' feet over broken glass in our dry cellar." --TS Eliot, "The Hollow Men"


staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,726
Location: New York

29 Dec 2013, 2:49 am

What was his mother diagnosed with? She was training him for a future war, like Sarah Connor in "Terminator 2"...



Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 793

30 Dec 2013, 10:30 am

staremaster wrote:
What was his mother diagnosed with? She was training him for a future war, like Sarah Connor in "Terminator 2"...

Probably nothing. Being moderately paranoid, ignorant, irrational, delusional, spontaneously hysterical, and blindly conformist isn't classified as a disorder, because it's the norm. If it was a disorder though, probably more than half of the U.S. population would have it. The DSM can't just classify more than 50% of Americans as being neurotic, and not expect there to be any backlash.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,534
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Jan 2014, 2:20 pm

staremaster wrote:
What was his mother diagnosed with? She was training him for a future war, like Sarah Connor in "Terminator 2"...


I've heard suspicion about his mother's nuttier ideas, but has anything been proven that she was indeed so insane? If true, it would definitely explain a lot.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,615

11 Mar 2014, 12:28 am

I thought I'd resurrect this post due to some strange rants from Adam Lanza's father Peter Lanza.
http://www.news.com.au/world/i-wish-he- ... 6851077834
Among other things Peter Lanza claims Adam had schizophrenia and not Aspergers?

Peter Lanza is the lowest form of life that crawls on this planet. Judging from his ignorance he (Peter Lanza) quite likely made no constructive attempt bring up his son properly and likely contributed to Adam Lanza's state of mind. His latest rant is a transparent attempt to whitewash his bad fathering that likely led to Adam Lanza's desire to kill. No sane person would wish their child was never born. he also refers to a evil gene? (take two guesses whom Adam would have inherited that from!!) His conduct is disgusting. If he had any decency he would have taken responsibility for not spending enough time with his son.



khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,940

11 Mar 2014, 12:38 am

is there an Aspie somewhere out there who isn't OCD? Should se just round ourselves up and marrh over the abyss?



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,534
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Mar 2014, 12:46 am

cyberdad wrote:
I thought I'd resurrect this post due to some strange rants from Adam Lanza's father Peter Lanza.
http://www.news.com.au/world/i-wish-he- ... 6851077834
Among other things Peter Lanza claims Adam had schizophrenia and not Aspergers?

Peter Lanza is the lowest form of life that crawls on this planet. Judging from his ignorance he (Peter Lanza) quite likely made no constructive attempt bring up his son properly and likely contributed to Adam Lanza's state of mind. His latest rant is a transparent attempt to whitewash his bad fathering that likely led to Adam Lanza's desire to kill. No sane person would wish their child was never born. he also refers to a evil gene? (take two guesses whom Adam would have inherited that from!!) His conduct is disgusting. If he had any decency he would have taken responsibility for not spending enough time with his son.


I agree with you. I would think Mr. Lanza would still try to remember and love the little boy Adam had been, who still lives in his memories. And an "evil gene?" That's as goofy as Billy Graham's kid saying that President Obama has "the seed of Islam."


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,615

11 Mar 2014, 12:59 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I thought I'd resurrect this post due to some strange rants from Adam Lanza's father Peter Lanza.
http://www.news.com.au/world/i-wish-he- ... 6851077834
Among other things Peter Lanza claims Adam had schizophrenia and not Aspergers?

Peter Lanza is the lowest form of life that crawls on this planet. Judging from his ignorance he (Peter Lanza) quite likely made no constructive attempt bring up his son properly and likely contributed to Adam Lanza's state of mind. His latest rant is a transparent attempt to whitewash his bad fathering that likely led to Adam Lanza's desire to kill. No sane person would wish their child was never born. he also refers to a evil gene? (take two guesses whom Adam would have inherited that from!!) His conduct is disgusting. If he had any decency he would have taken responsibility for not spending enough time with his son.


I agree with you. I would think Mr. Lanza would still try to remember and love the little boy Adam had been, who still lives in his memories. And an "evil gene?" That's as goofy as Billy Graham's kid saying that President Obama has "the seed of Islam."


Exactly. I think he's ignorant and perhaps nieve to think people can't see his unsubtle attempt to look "sparkly clean" and distance himself from his son's conduct in the eyes of the public.



Max000
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,765

11 Mar 2014, 5:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
I thought I'd resurrect this post due to some strange rants from Adam Lanza's father Peter Lanza.
http://www.news.com.au/world/i-wish-he- ... 6851077834
Among other things Peter Lanza claims Adam had schizophrenia and not Aspergers?


I agree with him 100%. I never believed for a minute that Lanza had ASD. Clearly he was misdiagnosed, and now his own father comes out and says so.



Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,450
Location: occupied 313

11 Mar 2014, 10:10 am

Well if you read the whole article, Adam was diagnosed with Autism at Yale. That's a pretty bullet proof place for a diagnosis. You get diagnosed there, no one is going to doubt.

Between the depression, OCD, young male hormones, and Autism the kid was a mess. The Autism didn't help the issues, but it wasn't the reason Adam did what he did.

And I know schizophrenics, and Adam doesn't come close to that diagnosis, so his father can wishful think all he wants.



Max000
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,765

11 Mar 2014, 12:26 pm

Tawaki wrote:
Well if you read the whole article, Adam was diagnosed with Autism at Yale. That's a pretty bullet proof place for a diagnosis. You get diagnosed there, no one is going to doubt.

Between the depression, OCD, young male hormones, and Autism the kid was a mess. The Autism didn't help the issues, but it wasn't the reason Adam did what he did.

And I know schizophrenics, and Adam doesn't come close to that diagnosis, so his father can wishful think all he wants.


You wouldn't know the difference between AS and schizophrenia if it hit you in the face. Lanza had all of the symptoms of schizophrenia. The doctor who diagnosed him was a quack who has since lost his medical license, and he did not work for Yale. Yale wouldn't let that mofu in the door.

Lanza's psychiatrist lost license to practice