Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 8:09 pm

Acedia wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Not really. Pictures are just fragmentary glimpses of that person's life, they mean absolutely nothing. In some pictures as a boy I have a blank expression, in some a forced smile, and in some a genuine expression of happiness. From what I can tell. Of course it's hard to know what emotional state I was in back in those photos.

He actually rejected his medication, so it seems he was on absolutely nothing at the time of the shooting.

TBH I've had more more difficulty being photogenic over the course of time. I stopped smiling in my school pics around middle school. Not because I didn't want to smile but it was around the time when I first notice a lack of control over facial expression when it needed to be expressed. Now I try to avoid photos in general if I can help it. I wouldn't be surprised if over the course of time, Lanza lost his ability to manage his facial expressions as well.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 10:13 pm

The blank expression is typical of someone with an ASD. You'll also find that it'll probably be more evident in the high school years, as that's often the hardest point in time for the higher functioning folk.

(It's one of the most distinguishable symptoms when just looking at someone with such.)