Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 8:33 pm

aghogday wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
aghogday wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
And here comes aghogday ...

AND here comes your usual MO of a personal attack..a weak one here..i might add..friend..

Friend: another word for "secretly enemy".

No..not all you see..KNOWNow..AS you always inspire me to greater thoughts...

I reAlly do love 'h@ers'...

They are only muse for true love..my friend...

The 'Christ kind'..that is just another metaphor for magicK..not the jealous 'human' type of 'love'...

Being inspired is a great way of looking at it. I often feel anger when dealing with haters but I like your way of handling it better.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 8:40 pm

MCalavera wrote:
I know you look forward to my responses. Who else is going to help fill up your blog comments section if you have no response to copy and paste there?

It's like a journal..dude.. and part of my personal path..and yah this is a public forum where anyone can look at our conversation here if they like...

IN other words.. there ain't nothing private here friend...

And yes..i appreciate it that you ain't afraid to at least respond with something to me here..

Kinda hard to move to the next level of conversation without any replies at all..

My friend....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 8:42 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
aghogday wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
aghogday wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
And here comes aghogday ...

AND here comes your usual MO of a personal attack..a weak one here..i might add..friend..

Friend: another word for "secretly enemy".

No..not all you see..KNOWNow..AS you always inspire me to greater thoughts...

I reAlly do love 'h@ers'...

They are only muse for true love..my friend...

The 'Christ kind'..that is just another metaphor for magicK..not the jealous 'human' type of 'love'...

Being inspired is a great way of looking at it. I often feel anger when dealing with haters but I like your way of handling it better.

Thanks.. it has always been obvious..to me..that you are lover friend....

A precious commodity here..that who knows may be in greater demand here..in the future2 my friend...

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:00 pm

Sorry aghogday, I see your use of friend as sarcastic or belittling, as in "now listen hear son" or as a character driven eye roll.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:05 pm

Well..back to the topic at hand..there is A higher power accessible to human beings..and there is a real potential to summon this high power to make amazing things happen in just one lifetime..

I summoned it when I was younger..

And it was extremely effective..in changing everything from negative to positive about me..

And I summoned it again...starting last March and peaking IN the end of July..to make an amazing recovery from more thaN I could ever imagine being disabled about one human being...

And oh my gOD that human being was me...

The nightmare that was..IS NOW ONLY A DREAM THAT IS THE REALITY OF HEAVEN AND BLISS THAT I ALWAYS EXPERIENCE IN THE NOW..THAT IS ALL I KNOWnow..

And yes call this Higher Power Magick..GOD..Christ..Allah..Epigenetics and Neuroplasticity OR WHATEVER CAUSE WHATEVER ABSTRACT CONSTRUCT YA USE TO HOUSE IT..
The essence of this HIGHER POWER IS REAL..AND EVIDENCED CLEAR IN THE LIFE THAT IS NOW ME...
AND IN OTHERS2....

DOCUMENTED CLEARLY IN THE WHOLE OF HISTORY THAT IS..THAT OF HUMAN BEINGS...

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:09 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Sorry aghogday, I see your use of friend as sarcastic or belittling, as in "now listen hear son" or as a character driven eye roll.

WELL your perception is your perception and you are certainly entitled to it..

But to be CLEAR THAT IS NOT ALL MY INTENTION...

Every tool OF LANGUAGE i use here..is in hopes of generating..effective discourse..simply to share the miracle that is now my life..IN HOPES THAT SOMEONE ELSE HERE POSTING OR MOSTLY READING MIGHT FIND IT TOO...

And believe me dude..if ya had a decent bone in your body..which i know nothing of you IN REAL LIFE..You would be doing It too.. if ya made it through everything i've been through and landed in 'living color'..

IN other words the POT AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW..AIN'T JUST A MYTH...

At least for some..folks...

WHO TRULY PRACTICE AND UNDERSTAND MAGICK....AS A PATH AND A WAY OF LIFE....

And to be extra clear..the only thing that truly gives me an advantage in life is the adversity i have overcome thereof...

There are children who may be 18 or less that have been through more..and may be wiser than me..in all the things that mean this life as a human being..

I see no age..gender..or any other construct of black and white..to how this relates to the Human spirit and the totality that is human wisdom...

And NO.. i am the least of all and have lived there and done.. IT..i know humility from the lowest place of human existence..way up close and personal my friend...

LOWER THAN A GRAIN OF SAND..OR THE SMALLEST UNIT OF WHAT MAKES A GRAIN OF SAND WHAT IS....

Last edited by aghogday on 30 Dec 2013, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:11 pm

I believe in summonings. In fact I will try one now. I hereby summons a new Ahogday blog post here and I predict it will materialize in the next 10 days.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:27 pm

SERIOUSLY folks.. Magick is just the firm belief and WILL THAT THERE IS MORE TO THIS LIFE THAN meets the common eye..

And BELIEF IS WHAT MAKES IT ALL HAPPEN...

IT IS THE WAY IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN FOR HUMAN BEINGS...

A negative or defeatist..or view of life as simply the mundane.. is a sure way TO HUMan HELL or stagnation that just truly s**s in my best estimation...

Being the victim ain't never gonna get anyone there..

The victories are always by those who see no or fewer limitations in life...

And vengeance..well vengeance..otherwise known as HATE..ain't no where but a straight and narrow path..to a black hole sun soul...

I AIN'T GOING THERE AGAIN..BEEN THERE DONE IT..FRIENDS..

AND IF YOU DON'T WANNA..YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE TA..IT'S YOUR DECISION..YOUR WILL.. AND WILL NEVER BE MINE....

But anyway this belief thingy is where it's at and IF ya listen to this video of the great band Styx..and Lord of the Rings.. It really gets to the crux of this thing called belief..

And as an additional treat i'll add in a video ..a new researched one at that..about the NOCEBO EFFECT AND DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE..that a negative view of life..AND THE FUTURE IN GENERAL..can surely make ya physically and medically DOCUMENTED ILL..

So WHY NOT SHOOT FOR THE STARS AND GIVE IT ALL YA GOT..

THERE AIN'T NOTHING TO LOSE..BUT THAT THING THEY CALL A SOUL..IS ALL....

AND YES ACCORDING TO SCIENCE NOW..EVEN YOUR HEALTH..

AND YAH..TRUST ME..I AM AN EXPERT ON THAT DELETERIOUS EFFECT....

IT'S' ALL IN MY MEDICAL RECORDS..READY FOR PURVIEW...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmc1bjLKVyQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2hO4_UEe-4[/YOUTUBE]

AND YAH..the dude that posts all these great oldy videos of Styx..is a fan of Aleister Crowley's work2...

Wherever yah..see the number 93.. that is like a hand signal for folks that follow Aleister Crowley's 'Thelema'.. attached to anything esoteric..like this..there is a good bet..that Aleister Crowley's full
life of influence..is 'lurking' somewhere in the background...

Last edited by aghogday on 30 Dec 2013, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:29 pm

Cash__ wrote:
I believe in summonings. In fact I will try one now. I hereby summons a new Ahogday blog post here and I predict it will materialize in the next 10 days.

WELL..ACTUALLY i am ahead of schedule..i'm working on number 14 for this month..a little later tonight and tomorrow..but it's not something i'm gonna link here..nor are some of the other ones i write..or reblog...

Yes.there is a pretty good possibility of another one in 10 days..as i simply love to write..and share my unusual ideas..that seriously are not at all unusual to me.....

Nor to some other people..either..that think along the lines of me....

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:30 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I've been reading along the occult tract for a while and am finally coming up on the point where its time to read, listen to, and see what's been happening with regard to people who've been using ceremonial magick to summon things.

There's a whole community out there that still does it and not surprisingly it's not always demons - apparently the seven archangels of the Ptolemaic planets can be thrown into that measure, the kings and queens of the elemental realms (earth, fire, water, and air), and being it's a community that seems to be writing books essentially for each other and they seem to have a fair amount of agreement on the terms of how these things happen [Master_Pedant's emphasis added] . Similarly most use the information that they find these beings providing to work on themselves, improve, fix problems, and essentially find ways to get 'closer to God' in the Great Work sense.

Really? I always got the impression that there was a lack of clarity and different, difficult to intersubjectively verify yet alone intersubjectively communicate, notions among various New Agers, Neopagans, Wiccans, mystics and assorted "metaphysicians" (in the popular, not academic philosophic, sense).

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This stuff is fascinating though technically without regard to whether it's externally real or whether it's the practictioner playing their own brain like an instrument - seems like the later even says a lot about many groups of people who've hacked the brain way better than the world of psychology and psychiatry is willing to admit. I've run into plenty of atheists even who caught on to the sense that there's something very worthwhile to the kinds of effects that can be yielded when a person works on their own subconscious.

I know there's a lot of people here who go to bed with a Richard Dawkins teddy-bear and keep a Sam Harris night-light on for good measure but what the heck, sometimes it's fun to throw a wrench in the gears or blow some of the monotony off of the room.

Oddly enough, Sam Harris (in addition to torture and pathological Islamophobia) seems to have dabbled in Eastern Mysticism when interested in altered consciousness type stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Harris_(author)#Spirituality

http://www.alternet.org/story/46196/sam ... im_torture

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:33 pm

I believe will is what matters most.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm

And oh by the way..Styx..Sting..Led Zeppelin..the Beatles..Mick Jagger..Jeff Lynn from E.L.O. and a number of other Rock and Rollers were serious students of ALEISTER CROWLEY'S THEORY OF MAGICK..

THEy PRACTICED IT..AND YAH..AND MOST ALL OF THEM ARE STILL GOING STRONG...

THE TRUE MEASURE OF A MAN/WOMAN OR IN BETWEEN IS HOW HE/SHE/OR IN BETWEEN.. CHANGES THE WORLD AHEAD OF HIM/HER/OR A BIT OF BOTH..AND THE IDEAS OF HIS/HERS/OR A BIT OF BOTH.. THAT EXIST OUT INTO THE FUTURE..NOWFOREVERMORE....

BY THAT STANDARD ALEISTER CROWLEY IS ONE OF THE GREATEST MEN THAT EVER LIVED..

Who knows one day..potentially noted more influential than that dude called JESUS...

That my friends.. remains to be seen..and none of us may be final witness to IT....

THE TRUE MAGICK OF THE FUTURE..OF THE NOW AND FOREVERMORE..YET TO BE SEEN...

AND POTENTIALLY PRACTICED BY OH MY GOD..SO MANY MORE...FOLKS IN REALITY...'YA'LL SEE'...
MAY BE.....

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I believe will is what matters most.

AMEN SISTER....

WORDS SPOKEN BY ALEISTER CROWLEY SIMILAR TO EFFECT..

'DO AS THOU WILT' UNDER THE TRUE WILL OF LOVE....

IN HARMING NO OTHERS...

IS THE WHOLE OF THE LAW OF 'GOD' AND HUMAN NATURE....

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 10:54 pm

aghogday wrote:
You are above and beyond the personal attacks that are a staple of this discussion forum that could never be called a debate forum by any standard of debate..as personal attacks are simply at the lowest level of critical consciousness..

The beauty of being on here for eight years under variable different phases of belief and disbelief in my life and a pretty consistent environment (pretty close in snarkiness to today regardless of what the theist/atheist ratio was) - I was able to build a pretty good Jeremiah face in that time. :)

aghogday wrote:
People in our modern cultures are literally functionally disabled from a way of life..that spoon feeds instant gratification..to THE human animal..that was often able to survive incredible odds and challenges just to make it to the next meal...

To me it seems like something happened around the time of the French Revolution where the world got hood-winked. It's like things took a really hot and heavy one-track where everything went in a singular direction (ie. material sciences), it was a heck of a lot more practical to teach in institutions, and from that point the sort of grandfathering occurred that lead people to almost look as the kind of schooling they received as 'it' and everything else outside of that as rubbish. It's a bit more like people who are able to side-step that were able to realize that they were thrown own full speed in one direction without ever having been asked or asking themselves for that matter if it was truly accurate in the fullest sense (ie. the river rapids of tautology seem to just rush people along faster than they can find much to grab onto or even orient themselves in their own space for that matter).

aghogday wrote:
IN TRUE ACTUALITY..MOST PEOPLE ARE SO BUSY MAKING THEIR LIVES ONE TO MEET THE EXPECTATIONS OF EXTERNAL INFLUENCES..THAT THEY NEVER EVEN TURN INWARD TO FIND THE POTENTIALS READY TO FIRE..ALREADY IN THEIR DNA...

Okay..so you might ask how the f**k i know this..

Well it is because i lived it and experienced IT as reality for myself and can prove every dam human 'miracle' that has come into my life..simply caused i BELIEVED THAT MAGICK IS REAL...

The hard part for so many people and the reason why I understand why it's so persuasive to believe it's all bogus - the subconscious holds a running balance of everything you've ever told it about your conditions, it listens like a good child does to a parent to not just everything you directly tell it but everything you think, everything you do, ie. there's no tricking it - just that it can only use deductive reasoning. From that perspective most people have no clue how to look at that kind of puzzle and peel away at the primary rafters that keep certain falsehoods about self in place. It can be like taking apart the most complicated ring-puzzle you've ever messed with just because there are so many factors and variables involved. Eventually you can figure out what sorts of suggestions help but even then they seem to only hold as much value as you give them (which goes back to again - you can't BS your subconscious).

It can take months of dedicated work to start seeing the clouds break in that department, it can be done but it takes strategic and dedicated thinking, which in so many ways means that one is in a position where they have nothing to lose by putting in that effort (I think the approach of considering that it's a win-win endeavor whether or not magick were real is the best way to find that initial motivation)..

aghogday wrote:
WELL HERE'S THE DEAL IF YA DON'T BELIEVE IT..IT AIN'T REAL AND IT AIN'T GONNA WORK..

So much of any ritual or ceremony is a conversation with self, a ramping up of belief, and it all amounts to amplifying focus. If someone's either naive or wants to make a joke of it they won't get the context of what they're doing at all, and if they don't get what they're doing and why the whole internal train of focus and energy just doesn't happen.

aghogday wrote:
BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS..THAT DAM MONEY MEANS NOTHING..COMPARED TO THE POWER OF MAGICK AND THE DAM FACT THAT IT REALLY WORKS..

I'm considering it either true religion or the tool I'll use in finding it.

aghogday wrote:
OKAY..NOW HOW TO GET THERE..THAT IS THE INCREDIBLY HARD PART..FOR IT TAKES EACH INDIVIDUAL TO FIND THEIR OWN PATH TO GET THERE..

I think finding the motivation is the individual part. As for the rest of it - meditation, meditation, meditation. Focus and concentration skill as well as visualization is how pretty much anyone gets a jump on their pineal gland and the right development of the occipital lobe in conjunction with that (ie. eventually being able to envision an object for minutes without so much as a stutter). The styles of paths - ie. Western Mystery (Egyptian, Greek, Alexandrian-Jewish, Babylonian), Hindu, Tibetan, or various bases of European paganism and Native American shamanism - provide different flavors I suppose for different people but the training technology seems to follow along the same basics.

aghogday wrote:
And while what worked for Crowley does seem to work for some..his path is nothing to me..and has no effect for me...

I'm up in the air on him - some people in high places take his writings literally, other people have a very smarmy and lovy-dovey read of his stuff as they completely flip the meaning inside out (equally of high places). He made some good concordances.

aghogday wrote:
So i found my own..path..ya see..i am a REAL FREE MASON..AND A REAL ILLUMINATI..NOT PART OF A BS organized effort WHERE REGULATIONS TO 'THERE' ARE IMPOSED ON A HERD OF BELIEVERS...

After reading Meditations on the Tarot (aka. unknown author) I've been very curious about Martinism. As I might have told you though I joined a few orders and one of them is very tarot-intensive but it's Golden Dawn attribution (ie. Athanaseus Kirchner 'tree of life' and Sefir Yetzirah attributions) which is very different from the Levi/Papus outlook which Martinism supposedly still follows. Regardless I'd agree that anything trying to make an infallible icon of a man rather than simply saying he had ideas worth basing a tradition on (ie. the difference between something like Thelema's handling of Crowley, ie. caliphate O.T.O. versus how Martinists handle Louis-Claude de Saint-Martin or Martinez de Pasqually, or for that matter how Paul Case is handled in B.O.T.A. or Dion Fortune and Gareth Knight in Society of Inner Light).

aghogday wrote:
BUT I LOOK AT THIS FROM A MOSTLY LOGICAL POINT OF VIEW..OF WHAT IS POSITIVE FOR ME..AND WOULD NEVER EVER..LOOK TO TAKE illicit DRUGS..OR DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD EVEN BE PERCEIVED AS TRULY HARMING SOMEONE ELSE...

Crowley's thing was 'Do as I say not as I do' - which is strange to understand how anyone followed him when so many people seem to have joined for the sex, drugs, partying, etc. in the first place. People make claims that the morphine addiction wasn't his fault.... I still have a problem with the notion though of a magician...ie. someone whose suppose to be a paragon master of their own will.... having such a life-long mental health caveat.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 11:02 pm

MCalavera wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Somewhere along the line I did the math a bit further and deeper and decided that there was both enough evidence on one hand that consciousness extends beyond the physical. On the other hand the fact that people who are in the new age and occult are the easiest to walk by and kick for a boost of ego really wasn't enough for me to throw all the possibilities down the drain just to sit on a high horse.

What happened to the "go with what the evidence says" kind of thinking? This is how we should all operate rationally in life.

That's just it - this *is* where the evidence lead me. That's why I'm not particularly interested in its lack of popularity, perhaps saddened when I see reductive materialism seen as the one and only correct way to think. I'd argue that for all the corners I explored of it, reductive materialism was an incomplete explanation, needed it's own relatively massive box to deposit all of it's exceptions, and as I started gathering those exceptions I tried to figure out what they added to. One thing lead to another, I began learning about a lot of this last year, swept back to grab a proper understanding of the bible, and hear I am sweeping away a lot of the new-age debris and looking more at western mysticism/esotericism proper.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 11:13 pm

Shau wrote:
*Shrug* Autism seems to have a high number of atheistic liberals. Whatever you say, man...fact is, if any of this stuff worked or had actually convincing evidence people would be all over it. Supernatural-believing types tend to have this belief that there's some kind of conspiracy to suppress all non-naturalist viewpoints, but in reality that battle was lost long ago and now it's just people getting annoyed at those who refuse to accept reality for all it's mundane glory.

I'd call it a conspiracy without a 'conspiracy'. No battle was lost, perhaps main PR, but I really can't believe so many people haven't heard one thing about... I don't know... the Global Consciousness Project? The P.E.A.R. studies and outcomes? Double-slit and quantum eraser? So many of these things just act as basic appetizers, they don't necessarily hand you over the proof on the plate but they whet your appetite for more research. When you then look further and do your own subjective review of so much of the paranormal you start finding things that absolutely shouldn't happen, shouldn't work, happening and working regularly in forward and unambiguous enough ways where to see these things rather than just talk about them and fill in the blank with one's own armchair stock excuses - the proof pretty much is in the pudding and it's out there to be found.

As to why it is that it doesn't work consistently or why random number generators flip out at times of global events or why people's thoughts have a subtle bend on things like random number generators, how it turns out that faith healers can blast people with energy or how psychics can come up with things that you never told them and that aren't available online even with the best background check software, how people who've had NDE's and have described a room they were only in with their eyes taped or out cold with no pulse and eyes closed either described the room perfectly or told the right nurse who'd pulled their dentures out where they had been left, hundreds of people seeing f'd up stuff in the sky in the right places or the right times or crop-patterns that even hundreds of drunk hillbillies with boards would never have a prayer of being able to work out - I think we're buried up to our eyeballs in various forms or evidence. Why our psychology is so screwy, why the results are as biased toward the belief of the beholder - that's another matter altogether.