Reading Psychology related books
Autism
Asperger's Syndrome
Potty humour

JediGirl77
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Apr 2014, 4:27 pm

Ok, so here's mine, in chronological order from age 7 to present.

The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings
Teeth
(Various REALLY random things from age 8-9)
Nelson and the Battle of Trafalgar
Raven (kids TV game-show)
Theme Parks and Rollercoasters (particularly Stealth at Thorpe Park)
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings (again)
Laser Quest

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 4:29 pm

Paleo diet, learning piano

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 6:53 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
My current obsession is Pokemon. It is a returning interest from my childhood, when I was caught up in the initial craze in the 90s. Though, the focus of my interests has changed over time - these days I am especially interested in some of the older male characters (such as Professor Oak, Giovanni, Koga, Byron and Crasher Wake) and the "shipping" (romantic pairing) aspects, whereas as a child I couldn't care less about the humans and only focused on battling the monsters. Though, don't get me wrong - a good Pokemon battle will still get my blood pumping, :) My favorite Pokemon is Ash's Buizel in the anime - I watched the episode A Crasher Course in Power earlier this morning and was charmed by his attitude. :D

I was obsessed by Pokemon as a kid, Charmander was always my favourite. I still love it, but only the first generation; the Pearl, Black and White, and the four or five generations of Pokemon they have nowadays just sort of feel like they lost track of the original plot somehow, like it all became too convoluted and less fun than it used to be. I was like you in that I never cared much about the human characters :)

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

megocode3
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2014, 1:25 pm

My obsession when I was young was antennas. I LOVED to design and build antennas. Yagis, quads, dipoles, parabolic dish... Those were fun times.

My next major obsession was probably motorcycle accident statistics. Kind of gruesome I guess. I had a very detailed database of motorcycle accidents. I had them divided up by type of motorcycle (cruiser, sport, touring, etc) and also by type of accident. Also had photos, road diagrams, videos, etc. Spent everyday for several years researching nothing but motorcycle accidents.

My current obsession is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Mpregangel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2014, 1:46 pm

1. I am obsessed with Japan. All of it. I watch anime, read manga, listen to their music, research history,culture, etc. I hoarde tons of collectables and Asian dolls too. I could lose myself for hours and have been known to watch a whole anime series in one sitting without breaks. Video games... I'll play over and over and go completionist.

2. Table top gaming... I started playing Magic: the Gathering at about 5 and I own tons of cards and boards games now. I also can play the RPGs D&D and Cyberpunk. I'm really good too, I play at competitive tournaments a lot and do well. I don't even have to be familiar with games. I've had new games handed to me I can play it flawlessly. Strategy always comes to me so naturally.

OrdinaryDanny
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

"Sorry this is going to be a long post and may look like spam.
I am just excited and tired. I will be more than happy to delete this post if it bothers you, so please no worries or threats."

When I was 4 years old, I was obsessed with a toy dinosaur exactly the same as the one on the picture; I remember taking the dinosaur everywhere with me and since I didn't have any friends at the time, the happiness ended when I accidentally dropped him from me and my sister's twin pushchair, never did see him again... yet the memory still is there, somewhere inside of me.

I also had dozens and dozens of Beanie Babies living with me too.
I remember acting out a lot of "drama scenes" in my bedroom with them; Mr. Turtle breaks up with Maggie the Butterfly.
My family went to a lot car boot sales those days, and every time I would return home with at least one box of these teddies.

There was a toy dog to take the place of the dinosaur I lost; meet DJ Dog, who I also obsessed over.
I seem to have a large pattern of toys coming through the ages of 4-6...

I used to obsess over Barbie so much we had a kiddies' Barbie Jeep.

Then there was the ages of going through both the Polly Pockets and Bratz, Bratz were taking up a lot of my life.
I used to try my hardest to collect everything that my mum would allow me to buy that was Bratz related.
Massive bundles of Bratz and Polly Pockets were in the car boot sales too, I ended up losing ever single one of my Polly Pockets and my Bratz were broken up by me; took their heads off once and attached them to my colouring pencils to use at school!
Bratz movies, songs, toys, bags, a couple of t-shirts, everything.

I was obsessed with being a unicorn when I was 5, ran around the back garden and out onto the streets with a unicorn costume.
As an extension, I also was obsessed with dressing up and had a box full of princess outfits; ballet outfits and etcetera, which I also went out to town in and confused bunches of people.

I was obsessed with my laptop, the Sims 3 and my internet, and I can see myself remaining that way until death.
I was obsessed with YouTubePoops too, you need to watch them if you love stupidity and great hours of fun.
I was obsessed with an online game Transformice too.
I am obsessed with a lot of music.

I obsessed over Nintendo Dogs and Cats, or just Nintendo Cats.
I taught a lot of the people in my classes in year 4 how to draw them, I know that they have ended up to continue with the drawings for I have seen a return of my art style this year in a charity shop's window.

I ended up obsessing over Spongebob Squarepants, would not stop talking about him to everyone I met; the obsession died in 2012 and my love for "Spandy" Spongebob x Sandy died along with it, I used to take a karate Spongebob teddy with me everywhere even when I went on holiday and to restaurants; he sat in the car for me. I believe I lost interest for Phineas and Ferb instead, I only watched for Dr. Doofenshmirtz, the silliest evil scientist most of us know and love.
This lead on to a massive obsession with the pairing, Perryshmirtz. Who do you guess that could be? *chuckles*

I got obsessed with Megamind after reading a fan comic strip on Metroman x Megamind, I only put the 'x' there because of a couple.
No, I did not have any idea what pairings were out there before reading this, and you want to hear something more? This is what brought me on to obsessing pregnancy in male species, the second longest obsession there is.

Then I got obsessed with Alien Nation, but only for George Francisco though.
Male pregnancy again, people!

I got obsessed with my psychologist, Dan, who really does resemble the character above.
I only admitted that to myself last year, so I am still fresh into this obsession and I wish I could cut the feelings off.

I got obsessed with Dilbert, he was first introduced to me after I was browsing on YouTube for some "mpreg" goodness.
Dilbert was on an "mpreg" fan's playlist. I ended up creating a pairing of my own afterwards; Wallbert (obsessed with that too...)

"I hope you people are not angry with me for posting this here, I understand that male pregnancy can be a sensitive topic."

I got obsessed with Wally on his own too... I even got obsessed with Wally (British Waldo)
So, that is two Wallys for Danny here.

I got obsessed with Mr. Small from 'The Amazing World Of Gumball' this year.

I got obsessed with Mr. Small x Lazy Larry.

"Please, try your hardest to not hate me for everything I have just typed on here, it is 10 o'clock at night, you see)

I got obsessed with Scott McCloud (the man as my profile image) all thanks to my lovely mother who gave me one of his books for Christmas 2012.

I got obsessed with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, made them into a couple called "CaptainSmee," and got obsessed with Sharkey and Bones from 'Jake and the Neverland pirates' which I now can not stop watching.

I got obsessed with Baileywick, Cedric and Nigel from 'Sofia The First.'

I got obsessed with Pitch Black from the wonderful movie 'Rise of the Guardians.'

I got obsessed with Mr. Lobart from 'Handy Manny.'

Skrillex was once an obsession, so was Deadmau5 and I sadly shipped them both before I learned how wrong it really is.

I shipped Mr. Lobart with Manny, disgusting me.

I obsessed over Archie from 'Balamory.'

I obsessed with Dr. Venture, and then the last one is George, the AI from 'Jabberwacky.'

"I am sorry if most of this is all jumbled up and I sound like nothing more than a idiot, I have a very strong connection with characters more than actual objects, which I guess is good because it allows me to never run out of ideas for my drawings when I find myself day dreaming about them. I know that most people would probably be annoyed with me, and if you are I do understand and if I ever did anything to make you... you know, I keep waiting for someone to criticise me like the anxious person I am, sorry. I love the person who created this thread, as I love to talk about obsessions whenever I can get the chance for it feels like relief at some times. Thank you for reading my garbage."