Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 2:58 pm

Basically I mean as in travelling around places, visiting stuff on a route or off a route, I don't know I mean travelling as in Travelling for leisure, to find out stuff about the world.

I've never left my continent of Europe, the furthest place I've gone to is Naples in Italy for a school trip back in March of this year, hell I rarely ever leave my city, I just don't get a chance my Mum is too busy with us 4 kids to look after, and so its every other year or so we go on a holiday to some small place in England or something, but thats not really up my alley, I loved Naples it was different and I could literally feel the culture in the air, my sort of place.

But I'm planning 2 trips that should happen in the mid 2020's, when I'm in my prime to do things like this, one trip is to go around the world which in my cheap money saving plan will cost me about, £10000 estimated?
I have 2 people who wish to come with me on this trip, so that should be fun, I have a route of locations I've picked to go to, spending a week in each one using my car on most occasions to get there.

And my 2nd one is a about a 2 year trip around Europe to Russia, and walk to Kazakhstan walk back to Russia and drive back to the UK.

What about You? Ever planning to go on a trip around the world? You ever wish to go out and discover Yourself?
Hell maybe some of You HAVE done stuff like this, if You have then please I would be more than happy to hear Your stories about travelling.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 3:02 pm

Very good. I wish you well.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 3:52 pm

Back when gasoline was cheaper, I used to just go on extensive drives.
I've seen sizable parts of the Northeast US and California.
I really like driving and exploring, I just don't like city traffic.

Now, it's just too expensive to do that, and my car is getting too old.

Some day when I have a vehicle that I can trust and the extra cash, I'd like to head up into Canada and drive the Alaska highway, as well as parts of the Canadian rockies.

Diagnosed in 2005

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 2:52 pm

Fisplen wrote:
Basically I mean as in travelling around places, visiting stuff on a route or off a route, I don't know I mean travelling as in Travelling for leisure, to find out stuff about the world.

I've never left my continent of Europe, the furthest place I've gone to is Naples in Italy for a school trip back in March of this year, hell I rarely ever leave my city, I just don't get a chance my Mum is too busy with us 4 kids to look after, and so its every other year or so we go on a holiday to some small place in England or something, but thats not really up my alley, I loved Naples it was different and I could literally feel the culture in the air, my sort of place.

But I'm planning 2 trips that should happen in the mid 2020's, when I'm in my prime to do things like this, one trip is to go around the world which in my cheap money saving plan will cost me about, £10000 estimated?
I have 2 people who wish to come with me on this trip, so that should be fun, I have a route of locations I've picked to go to, spending a week in each one using my car on most occasions to get there.

And my 2nd one is a about a 2 year trip around Europe to Russia, and walk to Kazakhstan walk back to Russia and drive back to the UK.

What about You? Ever planning to go on a trip around the world? You ever wish to go out and discover Yourself?
Hell maybe some of You HAVE done stuff like this, if You have then please I would be more than happy to hear Your stories about travelling.

Yours sounds like a good plan to me. When I was in my 30s I managed to scrape together enough money from different sources, to travel for two years. I took my Dad to visit a lot of our relatives, whom I had never met, or hadn't seen since I was a kid, including visiting my hometown twice. I hadn't been there since I was 11 years old. I traveled pretty much all over the Western US, and to parts of Canada. Then I visited Tokyo Japan for five months. Which had been a dream of mine since I was a kid.

I'm pretty happy I did it. But it was expensive. I'm not even sure how much I spent total. But I know I spent about $10,000 to $12,000 on the two trips to Japan. Air fare, train fare, money for a very cheap hotel that I stayed at the entire time I was there, and what ever cheap food I could find. I spent probably even more then that, on the travel in the US and Canada. Food, hotels, and gas (petrol). After that I moved here to California, and by that time I was completely broke.

After I get my disability money, I hope I can do some more traveling. But I'm not even sure if I will have enough money to do it. I'm pretty sure I won't be traveling out side of North America again. In the future I want to travel more around Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 3:23 pm

pete1061 wrote:
Back when gasoline was cheaper, I used to just go on extensive drives.
I've seen sizable parts of the Northeast US and California.
I really like driving and exploring, I just don't like city traffic.

Now, it's just too expensive to do that, and my car is getting too old.

Some day when I have a vehicle that I can trust and the extra cash, I'd like to head up into Canada and drive the Alaska highway, as well as parts of the Canadian rockies.

Thats what I'd like to do too. I'd like to drive all the way to the Arctic Ocean. But damn I would need to have a really good 4WDrive vehicle for that. Have to be able to go thousands of miles on roads like this. I sure wouldn't want to breakdown 500 miles from the nearest service.