Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

stephendp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2016, 1:57 pm

beneficii wrote:
Are you lying down when this happens?

Okay at any point have you done anything weird like listening to the brainwave entertainment to unlock aspects of your brain suffered any harsh shock. What it sounds like to me is you activated the pineal gland normally with the food eat drink and breath in calcifies that gland at the center of the brain their is various ways to removed the blockage once that is done weird s**t will happen not harmful but odd. I wouldn't worry about it its normal, if it is making you loose focus open your eye's wide for 5 minutes it will pass. Just ignore it too that helps

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 2:09 pm

^^^hiya Stephen :) welcome to the club 8)

love2connect
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2016, 11:27 pm

If it's a recurring thing though and it bothers you, you might want to get it checked out. Lots of people get exhausted but don't hear voices.

macandpea
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Mar 2016, 7:27 am

Are we talking just a memory or a legit voice in your ear?

If it's the latter, please see a doctor. That's no good for your brain

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2016, 7:20 pm

beneficii wrote:
If you're lying down or otherwise resting when it happens, when you are also very tired, it actually isn't bizarre. It would be quite normal. If it happens in those cases, then it would be a case of hypnagogic hallucinations, which are not pathological in nature and by themselves cannot be used to diagnose any disorder.

I second this. I have had hypnagogic hallucinations since I was a teenager, and they are totally normal and not pathological at all (nor are they related to any pathological conditions). What happens is that you are sort of starting to fall asleep and dream, but very lightly. People who wake up in the first stage of asleep are not aware of having been asleep, so you just think you were hallucinating. I actually like them because they let me know that I will be asleep soon, and I often have trouble falling asleep so they are a welcome sign!

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2016, 7:39 pm

A few days ago I was having hypnagogic hallucinations and I made myself hear a song just by thinking about it. When I focused on the song ignoring everything else I started feeling like I do when I am transitioning into a dream, and I was so close to having a wake induced lucid dream. If you have hypnagogic hallucinations regularly then it could be a good opertinty to induce lucid dreams.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2016, 10:45 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
A few days ago I was having hypnagogic hallucinations and I made myself hear a song just by thinking about it. When I focused on the song ignoring everything else I started feeling like I do when I am transitioning into a dream, and I was so close to having a wake induced lucid dream. If you have hypnagogic hallucinations regularly then it could be a good opertinty to induce lucid dreams.

how does that particular kind differ from a reverie?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2016, 11:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
how does that particular kind differ from a reverie?

I was aware that I was in that state and I couldn't stop it by simply noticing my surroundings.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2016, 11:41 pm

You can actually intentionally trigger auditory and visual "hallucinations" (not sure exactly when something is classified as hallucination), using sensory deprivation. It's called the Ganzfeld Effect. I've done it myself and it's pretty cool - relaxing too.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Ganzfeld-Hack-Your-Brain-the-Legal-Way/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 12:14 am

^^^can you tell me how one gets sensory deprivation outside of a tank?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 12:38 am

there is something called a hypnogogic hallucination. it happens when you're not fully awake. it's completely normal.

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 2:25 am

auntblabby wrote:

Cut ping pong balls in half, and place over eyes to create a blank white field. Put on some radio static or white noise and lay down. It's not as complete as a sensory deprivation tank, but it deprives at least two senses. The altered state usually kicks in at around 15 minutes for me. I want to try a sensory deprivation tank one of these days, but they cost money.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 2:34 am

Juggernaut wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Cut ping pong balls in half, and place over eyes to create a blank white field. Put on some radio static or white noise and lay down. It's not as complete as a sensory deprivation tank, but it deprives at least two senses. The altered state usually kicks in at around 15 minutes for me. I want to try a sensory deprivation tank one of these days, but they cost money.

I tried doing a version of that, I use a black light which turns my white ceiling tiles vividly violet/white, and I have a HEPA filter droning in the background which provides a masking brown/pink noise. but so far I am distracted by aches and pains. it works better when i'm doped up.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 9:12 am

I've been a terrible sleeper most of my life, so these kind of auditory hallucinations have always been quite common for me. They happen at the moment that the tiredness is just beginning to make me lose focus on what I'm supposed to be doing. I also often get the sensation of shadows moving around in my peripheral vision, and the uneasy sense that someone is standing right behind me even through I know I'm alone in the house.

The voices are usually quite indistinct - not like someone stood nearby addressing me directly. I have a very accurate auditory memory, so I think they are just snippets of conversations that I've been over-analysing when my limited social awareness has left me feeling like I missed something.

I pick up the traces of voices in environmental sounds really often too - the hint of people whispering in the sound of a desk fan, or a mass of people chattering in the sound of running water. When I used to be a caver, I did it solo a couple of times, but the echoes of my own sounds and constant running water seriously gave me the creeps when I started hearing other people down there who could not possibly have been there!

It's also worth pointing out that even distinct voices heard when you're not hypnagogic are not necessarily a sign of a serious mental health condition. There are many hearers of voices who are perfectly comfortable with them, and who don't find that it impinges on the quality of their life. Warning signs that should not be ignored are if the voices are verbally abusive towards you, are always telling you negative things about yourself, often refer to a trauma in your life, or are trying to convince you to do something self-destructive or harmful to others.