Favorite/Least Favorite Months of the Year

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 3:10 pm

I'm not keen on January, but I don't hate it. At least Christmas is out of the way and you have the spring ahead, even though it's still winter. Plus it's the start of a new year.

I like February, not for the weather but for the time, because that is when you start noticing the days getting longer.

I like March because you see the first signs of spring like the daffodils coming up and the buds growing on the trees. Spring is my favourite season, well, also summer. I like it when the clocks go forward.

I love April, not only because it's my birthday month but because the spring is here, even though it can be cold still in April but not cold enough to snow, and you can also get nice, warm days and the nights are shorter. Also I like Easter time because it's the sign of things coming to life.

I like May because it can be warm but you've still got the summer ahead of you. The flowers are all out, and I love flowers and the smell of cut grass. Lovely.

I love June for the weather and the season, but I don't like the thought of summer solstice day because it means the nights will be drawing in after that.

I love July because it's usually hot and you know you still have many more days of summer, although it can be difficult to sleep comfortably at night if it's too hot.

August is still summer so I enjoy it for that, but that is when you start to notice the nights are drawing in, slowly but surely. But usually the weather stays hot.

I only like September because the kids are all going back to school, but I don't like the autumn setting in or the leaves falling on to the ground.

I don't like October because everywhere's starting to look muddy and there are wet leaves all over the ground and you get cold days. Also the clocks go back, which means it gets dark even earlier than it should. I'm not really a Halloween person either.

November is my worst month of the year. It's dark and gloomy and you have the whole winter ahead of you. I like bonfire night, and the poppies to remember the war, but I do not like this time of the year otherwise.

I like Christmas but again I don't like December because of the cold and the dark. Winter solstice is in December and I like that because it means the nights will be drawing out, but you still have a few weeks to go before you start noticing it.

That's my opinion of the year. :)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 5:33 pm

April was the month my cat Samantha was born. (1979)

In May, my three boy cats, Peter, Paul and Prince were born. (1998)

As I said, August and October are the worst months. These were the months with the greatest number of people and pets who passed away. March is a close third in the bad news department.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2018, 9:13 am

June and July are pretty positive months. A lot of good things happened in July:

2013-Finally got my driver's license at age 48
2015-Began tennis lessons
2018-Celebrated sixteen years at my present place of employment