Favorite/Least Favorite Months of the Year

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 11:08 pm

Since it's a new year, I thought I'd like to talk about the months of the year and what we either like or dislike about them.

For me, personally, there's no particular month that I dislike per se, but there are months that I look forward to the least. One of those would be February, because it feels so superfluous, and there's nothing exciting to look forward to in February, at least as long as I'm not in a relationship. I do admit that I'd likely take full advantage of Valentine's Day if I had an S/O.

April is also kind of boring, because for most of my school years, it was always the last full month of school, and it felt like an obstacle to get through until we've reached the finish line (i.e. May). Plus, it rains too much, and I don't like getting wet except when I'm taking showers or going swimming.

For the past two years in a row, s****y things have happened to me in September, so that's why September is starting to lose favor with me. There is no excitement over fall during that month, because where I live, remnants of summer don't die off until October. Plus, the excitement over starting a new school year has worn off and the tedium of schoolwork has taken full swing.

I'd go into what months I do look forward to a lot, but I don't want this post to go into "tl;dr" territory. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 12:33 am

I like January now. That's the month that Mick Avory joined The Kinks in 1964. I still feel a bit of the post holiday blues in the beginning, but that silver lining I've just mentioned takes a lot of the bite out of that feeling, so I'm not moaning all through that month anymore.

February sucks until the 15th, the birthday of the above mentioned person.

March is a fun month for me. My mum's birthday is on the third of that month and I enjoy St Patrick's Day.

I can't stand April. All I see on TV are Autism Speaks commercials and Jenny McCarthy.

I enjoy May because one of my best friends and I go to the March for Life in Victoria, it's Mother's Day and Victoria Day.

June is a mixed bag for me. Father's Day is nice and Ray Davies birthday falls on the first day of Summer. It's also the month that Pete Quaife passed away and did my mum support me? Noooooo.

July is a great month for me. I enjoy celebrating both Canada Day and The 4th of July. Britain also has a 4th of July that spans from the 3rd to the 5th. I celebrate that as well. I guess that July is one big party for me! :D

August is more of a wind down month unless the Summer Olympics are on.

September is a so/so month. The kids and teens go back to school which is great. I have unpleasant memories of my own school days, which isn't so great.

October is a pretty decent month. There's Thanksgiving and my birthday. The only thing about October I don't like is that the teens in my area see that night as The Devil's Night, so they cause a bunch of trouble and set off fireworks in in the fronts and backs of the apartment buildings where the end apartments are.

November is an important month for me. I observe Remembrance Day. It's also the birthdays of both my sister and my favourite Sweet Pea on WP. :P

December is my favourite month. I love Christmas and the Christmas Season. There are years that I don't want that month to end.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 1:04 am

I hate May, so many bad things have happened to me in that month. I pretty much hate all of spring.

January has no point, there are no fun events, it's freezing, and there still isn't enough sun after the solstice.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 1:53 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
March is a fun month for me. My mum's birthday is on the third of that month and I enjoy St Patrick's Day.

I like March because there's both Spring Break and St. Patrick's Day to look forward to.

CockneyRebel wrote:
June is a mixed bag for me. Father's Day is nice and Ray Davies birthday falls on the first day of Summer. It's also the month that Pete Quaife passed away and did my mum support me? Noooooo.

I always look forward to June. It's always the time that feels like summer vacation is officially in full spring. I feel like it's implied name should be "FREEDOM." :)

CockneyRebel wrote:
July is a great month for me. I enjoy celebrating both Canada Day and The 4th of July. Britain also has a 4th of July that spans from the 3rd to the 5th. I celebrate that as well. I guess that July is one big party for me! :D

I also love July, because it's the month of my birthday; Fourth of July is always fun, too.

CockneyRebel wrote:
October is a pretty decent month. There's Thanksgiving and my birthday. The only thing about October I don't like is that the teens in my area see that night as The Devil's Night, so they cause a bunch of trouble and set off fireworks in in the fronts and backs of the apartment buildings where the end apartments are.

November is an important month for me. I observe Remembrance Day. It's also the birthdays of both my sister and my favourite Sweet Pea on WP. :P

December is my favourite month. I love Christmas and the Christmas Season. There are years that I don't want that month to end.

The last three months of the year are especially fun, because I love the Halloween/holiday seasons.

metaldanielle wrote:
January has no point, there are no fun events, it's freezing, and there still isn't enough sun after the solstice.

Well, the year has to start some place. :wink: Think about this: in the Southern Hemisphere, they're in the middle of summer.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 4:16 am

I'd say I like October to February. I like these months in my country of birth (autumn to winter) and I like these months here (spring to summer), too.

I don't like April to June. In these months the weather gets warmer and warmer in the north and I don't like it. It gets cold in the south and I don't like it.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 9:44 am

I like October (mainly because it's my birthday month), as well as the the months of March through September due to the nice weather. December is pretty much the only winter month I like due to Christmas; the rest I'm not as fond of due to the cold weather.

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 11:26 am

In order from favorite to least favorite

May
July
June
August
April
September
October
March
February
January
November
December

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 3:06 pm

Right, I'm gonna do this in a format similar to what Cockneyrebel's done.

January - Back at school, post Christmas feelings is in the air, the only month where I get confused what year it is.

February - Dead in the center of Winter, sometimes snow comes about this time of year so thats fun. Its a bit of a depressing month since Valentines day is around, and I usually get down on Valentines day seeing everyone having fun and all that.

March - Its an alright month, we're be celebrating my youngest sisters 1st birthday this year so that should be alright, I mostly just chill out during most of the month since half of it is a half term off.

April - Things start to get sunny, Quarter of the way through the year and I'm usually feeling happy this time of year, for some reason the good things always happen in the first half of the year to me.

May - I start to feel the days til summer holidays getting closer, a mostly alright month.

June - Summer begins, I've probably started to prepare for the summer holidays by now.

July - SCHOOLS OUT!! :D This year... for the final time before I leave ;(. I start to look for things for my family to get me for my birthday as its in August.

August - Slap bang in the middle of Summer, no school for 6 weeks and I'm loving it, my birthday arrives August 8th, I'll go out and do something and hang out and do stuff, chill all summer, I love it by the far my favorite month.

September - Back at School, post Summer holiday feel is in the air, I'm usually down as I'm back to School again.

October - By now I've adjusted to School life again, Halloween comes by and the feel of a not to distant Christmas passes my mind.

November - I start to look for things for Christmas, most years I get a new big game in this month, ( like COD or something ) so thats alright.

December - The festive season, the 2nd best time of year, next to summer obviously.

So in conclusion? My favorite month is August, and my worst month is February.

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 3:09 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

July is a great month for me. I enjoy celebrating both Canada Day and The 4th of July. Britain also has a 4th of July that spans from the 3rd to the 5th. I celebrate that as well. I guess that July is one big party for me! :D .

I live in Britain, and I would find it baffling that some people here would celebrate their own defeat!

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 3:11 pm

I was always fond of February, because I have my birthday in that month. December used to be great for me, because here in the Netherlands, when you're a child, you get to celebrate three festive days (Sinterklaas, Christmas, and New Year's Eve), so it's always full of excitement and even when you're an adult you get swept up in the December month's cheer. It's been a lot less fun for me in recent years, but December still moves me.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 3:12 pm

Hate January, February and March because it's so #$^$@ COLD!

Number one news item here today is that the south pole is warmer right now 8O

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm

March. Crap things usually happen to me in March now. And by the end of March when it's still snowing I'm exasperated. Why can't it do that in December?

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 8:13 pm

my favorite months are the ones that contain summer.
my least favorite months are the ones that contain winter.

hifiveghost
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2018, 10:20 am

Favorite: I like the 4th quarter months (October, November, December) because of the weather (more rain- I like rain) and all of the festivities.

I also like July... there's just something about that calms me. Maybe it's the quiet humming of the A/C.

Least favorite: This year: August; most years: April and March

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 6:14 am

I would say November and December are my favorite months.

My least favorite months are March, August and October because so many bad things happened in all of those months.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2018, 3:10 pm

I'm not keen on January, but I don't hate it. At least Christmas is out of the way and you have the spring ahead, even though it's still winter. Plus it's the start of a new year.

I like February, not for the weather but for the time, because that is when you start noticing the days getting longer.

I like March because you see the first signs of spring like the daffodils coming up and the buds growing on the trees. Spring is my favourite season, well, also summer. I like it when the clocks go forward.

I love April, not only because it's my birthday month but because the spring is here, even though it can be cold still in April but not cold enough to snow, and you can also get nice, warm days and the nights are shorter. Also I like Easter time because it's the sign of things coming to life.

I like May because it can be warm but you've still got the summer ahead of you. The flowers are all out, and I love flowers and the smell of cut grass. Lovely.

I love June for the weather and the season, but I don't like the thought of summer solstice day because it means the nights will be drawing in after that.

I love July because it's usually hot and you know you still have many more days of summer, although it can be difficult to sleep comfortably at night if it's too hot.

August is still summer so I enjoy it for that, but that is when you start to notice the nights are drawing in, slowly but surely. But usually the weather stays hot.

I only like September because the kids are all going back to school, but I don't like the autumn setting in or the leaves falling on to the ground.

I don't like October because everywhere's starting to look muddy and there are wet leaves all over the ground and you get cold days. Also the clocks go back, which means it gets dark even earlier than it should. I'm not really a Halloween person either.

November is my worst month of the year. It's dark and gloomy and you have the whole winter ahead of you. I like bonfire night, and the poppies to remember the war, but I do not like this time of the year otherwise.

I like Christmas but again I don't like December because of the cold and the dark. Winter solstice is in December and I like that because it means the nights will be drawing out, but you still have a few weeks to go before you start noticing it.

That's my opinion of the year. :)