Politically correct people stay out of my threads

Page 10 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,135

27 Feb 2007, 6:42 pm

skafather84 wrote:
snake321 wrote:
In a pc world someone could get away with mass murder or genocide just because of the color of their skin or their religious background. Anyone who argued they should be prosecuted would be termed "racist" or "anti-semetic" or something to that effect, unless that person is also a minority.



you have quite an extreme take on what politically correct means.....are you from california or something? i got a song you'd like.



Johnny was bad, even as a child everybody could tell
Everyone said if you dont get straight
Youll surely go to hell

But johnny didnt care
He was an outlaw by the time that he was
Ten years old
He didnt wanna do what he was told
Just a prankster, juvenile gangster

His teachers didnt understand
They kicked him out of school
At a tender early age
Just because he didnt want to learn things
(had other interests)
He liked to burn things

The lady down the block
She had a radio that johnny wanted oh so bad
So he took it the first chance he had
Then he shot her in the leg
And this is what she said
Only a lad
You really cant blame him
Only a lad
Society made him
Only a lad
Hes our responsibility
Only a lad
He really couldnt help it
Only a lad
He didnt want to do it
Only a lad
Hes underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused

His parents gave up they couldnt influence his attitude
Nobody could help
The little man had no gratitude

And when he stole the care
Nobody dreamed that he would
Try to take it so far
He didnt mean to hit the poor man
Who had to go and die
It made the judge cry

Only a lad
He really couldnt help it
Only a lad
He didnt want to do it
Only a lad
Hes underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused

Its not his fault that he cant believe
Its not his fault that he cant behave
Society made him go astray
Perhaps if were nice hell go away
Perhaps hell go away
Hell go away

(repeat chorus)

Hey there johnny you really dont fool me
You get away with murder
And you think its funny
You dont give a damn if we live or if we die
Hey there johnny boy
I hope you fry!


And what exactly is the morale of this post? I'm evil if I don't blindly follow something? Individuality is a sin and punishable by death even when none of the group ideologies make a damn bit of since?
No I don't think i made an overstatement about political correctness, theyr always prooving me right. Want an example? Tooky Williams, a black man, a man who point blank went into a convenient store and shot the cashier, killing him on the spot. During his death sentence a bunch of pc nutcases were crying about how "racist" it was for them to execute this guy. He got the chair because he was a murderer, not because he was black. That's just one of many examples but then again I don't see anyone countering any of these examples either, such as illegal immigration. Probably because there is no way to justify an absolute wrong.
The way the pc idiots act about illegal immigration is about as stupid as allowing random ethnic strangers to rummage through your house and eat up all your food because if you tell them otherwise they might call you a racist. I don't give a damn what color someone's skin is, be it white, black, or brown, or whatever, I'm not letting anyone walk into my house and take my s**t. Remember how "racist" it is to stand against illegal immigration when your old and broke with no social security or retirement.



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,135

27 Feb 2007, 6:46 pm

I'll even ad that I don't blame illegal mexicans for illegal immigration, because theyr poor and I know I'd do the same thing given their situation. However, we need to look out for our own best interests first. And it is killing our economy. My solution is to 1. give the illegals an option, either they become legalised, or they can go back to mexico or where ever they come from, and 2. Help aid mexico's economic growth, so illegals would have less reason to jump the border.



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,135

27 Feb 2007, 7:30 pm

Rather than political correctness, a better evener would be called "common law methodology".



skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

27 Feb 2007, 10:50 pm

snake321 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
snake321 wrote:
In a pc world someone could get away with mass murder or genocide just because of the color of their skin or their religious background. Anyone who argued they should be prosecuted would be termed "racist" or "anti-semetic" or something to that effect, unless that person is also a minority.



you have quite an extreme take on what politically correct means.....are you from california or something? i got a song you'd like.



Johnny was bad, even as a child everybody could tell
Everyone said if you dont get straight
Youll surely go to hell

But johnny didnt care
He was an outlaw by the time that he was
Ten years old
He didnt wanna do what he was told
Just a prankster, juvenile gangster

His teachers didnt understand
They kicked him out of school
At a tender early age
Just because he didnt want to learn things
(had other interests)
He liked to burn things

The lady down the block
She had a radio that johnny wanted oh so bad
So he took it the first chance he had
Then he shot her in the leg
And this is what she said
Only a lad
You really cant blame him
Only a lad
Society made him
Only a lad
Hes our responsibility
Only a lad
He really couldnt help it
Only a lad
He didnt want to do it
Only a lad
Hes underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused

His parents gave up they couldnt influence his attitude
Nobody could help
The little man had no gratitude

And when he stole the care
Nobody dreamed that he would
Try to take it so far
He didnt mean to hit the poor man
Who had to go and die
It made the judge cry

Only a lad
He really couldnt help it
Only a lad
He didnt want to do it
Only a lad
Hes underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused

Its not his fault that he cant believe
Its not his fault that he cant behave
Society made him go astray
Perhaps if were nice hell go away
Perhaps hell go away
Hell go away

(repeat chorus)

Hey there johnny you really dont fool me
You get away with murder
And you think its funny
You dont give a damn if we live or if we die
Hey there johnny boy
I hope you fry!


And what exactly is the morale of this post? I'm evil if I don't blindly follow something? Individuality is a sin and punishable by death even when none of the group ideologies make a damn bit of since?
No I don't think i made an overstatement about political correctness, theyr always prooving me right. Want an example? Tooky Williams, a black man, a man who point blank went into a convenient store and shot the cashier, killing him on the spot. During his death sentence a bunch of pc nutcases were crying about how "racist" it was for them to execute this guy. He got the chair because he was a murderer, not because he was black. That's just one of many examples but then again I don't see anyone countering any of these examples either, such as illegal immigration. Probably because there is no way to justify an absolute wrong.
The way the pc idiots act about illegal immigration is about as stupid as allowing random ethnic strangers to rummage through your house and eat up all your food because if you tell them otherwise they might call you a racist. I don't give a damn what color someone's skin is, be it white, black, or brown, or whatever, I'm not letting anyone walk into my house and take my s**t. Remember how "racist" it is to stand against illegal immigration when your old and broke with no social security or retirement.



actually i honestly thought you'd like the song....it's against the liberal mind of blaming society for every bad person.



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,135

27 Feb 2007, 11:29 pm

Oh good :lol: I'm sorry for misunderstanding you then.



skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

28 Feb 2007, 12:38 am

snake321 wrote:
Oh good :lol: I'm sorry for misunderstanding you then.


ya should read what i post first before you respond. :P the end wraps up the song and really drives home that the lyrics about society's fault is sarcastic.



AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 945
Location: Melbourne

28 Feb 2007, 3:54 am

gobi wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
AlexandertheSolitary wrote:
gobi wrote:
...But I probably should drop it. Sorry about saying anything.


No need to apologise. You have not said anything requiring atonement.

Gobi, Alexander is right. You did nothing wrong. You just probably should be a bit more specific when asking or criticizing. That way your idea can be addressed and improve upon or destroy the argument at hand.


Thanks for the advice. I try to avoid discussions like these online, because I find the logical processess of people discussing quasi-political/sociological views to be, on the whole, frightening. And when I read particulalry poorly constructed arguments (either with real logical fallacies or, as is usually the case, thousands of unspoken premises (most of which are as dubious as the ones formally described) I tend to want to lend a hand. (I have a formal education in logic, philosophy, and political science.) This invariably gets me into a world of s**t in NT-centric forums, because those people really don't want to learn anything -- they just want to parrot what they hear on the news, or in fora that appeals to ones political orientation. I'd guess that in here (at least from what I can tell reading through this thread) there's just a tendency towards unwarranted anger, fused together with all of the normal half-conceived thinking one can read elsewhere. Of course, in here everyone's treated with kid-gloves because of autistic spectrum issues. That's cool.

There is, as can be expected, some good thinking in here, as well. But's it's too much to sort through and being cognizant of everyone's baseline knowledge, understanding, biases, is too taxing.

So, to be on the safe side, I withdraw my comment.


You sound like a very intelligent person. Your further contributions here would be greatly appreciated, though if you find an argument unsound and caught up in fixed assumptions you are welcome to leave it for one more satisfying.


_________________
You are like children playing in the market-place saying, "We piped for you and you would not dance, we wailed a dirge for you and you would not weep."


skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

28 Feb 2007, 4:16 am

gobi wrote:
I find the logical processess of people discussing quasi-political/sociological views to be, on the whole, frightening.



ya think that's scary....imagine them voting!!



AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 945
Location: Melbourne

28 Feb 2007, 4:21 am

snake321 wrote:
I'll even ad that I don't blame illegal mexicans for illegal immigration, because theyr poor and I know I'd do the same thing given their situation. However, we need to look out for our own best interests first. And it is killing our economy. My solution is to 1. give the illegals an option, either they become legalised, or they can go back to mexico or where ever they come from, and 2. Help aid mexico's economic growth, so illegals would have less reason to jump the border.


No, bad policies are killing your economy.


_________________
You are like children playing in the market-place saying, "We piped for you and you would not dance, we wailed a dirge for you and you would not weep."


AlexandertheSolitary
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 945
Location: Melbourne

28 Feb 2007, 4:24 am

[quote="snake321
And what exactly is the morale of this post? I'm evil if I don't blindly follow something? Individuality is a sin and punishable by death even when none of the group ideologies make a damn bit of since?
No I don't think i made an overstatement about political correctness, theyr always prooving me right. Want an example? Tooky Williams, a black man, a man who point blank went into a convenient store and shot the cashier, killing him on the spot. During his death sentence a bunch of pc nutcases were crying about how "racist" it was for them to execute this guy. He got the chair because he was a murderer, not because he was black. That's just one of many examples but then again I don't see anyone countering any of these examples either, such as illegal immigration. Probably because there is no way to justify an absolute wrong.
The way the pc idiots act about illegal immigration is about as stupid as allowing random ethnic strangers to rummage through your house and eat up all your food because if you tell them otherwise they might call you a racist. I don't give a damn what color someone's skin is, be it white, black, or brown, or whatever, I'm not letting anyone walk into my house and take my s**t. Remember how "racist" it is to stand against illegal immigration when your old and broke with no social security or retirement.[/quote]

They always prove you right because you have decided to be so.


_________________
You are like children playing in the market-place saying, "We piped for you and you would not dance, we wailed a dirge for you and you would not weep."


snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,135

28 Feb 2007, 8:35 am

skafather84 wrote:
snake321 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
snake321 wrote:
In a pc world someone could get away with mass murder or genocide just because of the color of their skin or their religious background. Anyone who argued they should be prosecuted would be termed "racist" or "anti-semetic" or something to that effect, unless that person is also a minority.



you have quite an extreme take on what politically correct means.....are you from california or something? i got a song you'd like.



Johnny was bad, even as a child everybody could tell
Everyone said if you dont get straight
Youll surely go to hell

But johnny didnt care
He was an outlaw by the time that he was
Ten years old
He didnt wanna do what he was told
Just a prankster, juvenile gangster

His teachers didnt understand
They kicked him out of school
At a tender early age
Just because he didnt want to learn things
(had other interests)
He liked to burn things

The lady down the block
She had a radio that johnny wanted oh so bad
So he took it the first chance he had
Then he shot her in the leg
And this is what she said
Only a lad
You really cant blame him
Only a lad
Society made him
Only a lad
Hes our responsibility
Only a lad
He really couldnt help it
Only a lad
He didnt want to do it
Only a lad
Hes underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused

His parents gave up they couldnt influence his attitude
Nobody could help
The little man had no gratitude

And when he stole the care
Nobody dreamed that he would
Try to take it so far
He didnt mean to hit the poor man
Who had to go and die
It made the judge cry

Only a lad
He really couldnt help it
Only a lad
He didnt want to do it
Only a lad
Hes underprivileged and abused
Perhaps a little bit confused

Its not his fault that he cant believe
Its not his fault that he cant behave
Society made him go astray
Perhaps if were nice hell go away
Perhaps hell go away
Hell go away

(repeat chorus)

Hey there johnny you really dont fool me
You get away with murder
And you think its funny
You dont give a damn if we live or if we die
Hey there johnny boy
I hope you fry!


And what exactly is the morale of this post? I'm evil if I don't blindly follow something? Individuality is a sin and punishable by death even when none of the group ideologies make a damn bit of since?
No I don't think i made an overstatement about political correctness, theyr always prooving me right. Want an example? Tooky Williams, a black man, a man who point blank went into a convenient store and shot the cashier, killing him on the spot. During his death sentence a bunch of pc nutcases were crying about how "racist" it was for them to execute this guy. He got the chair because he was a murderer, not because he was black. That's just one of many examples but then again I don't see anyone countering any of these examples either, such as illegal immigration. Probably because there is no way to justify an absolute wrong.
The way the pc idiots act about illegal immigration is about as stupid as allowing random ethnic strangers to rummage through your house and eat up all your food because if you tell them otherwise they might call you a racist. I don't give a damn what color someone's skin is, be it white, black, or brown, or whatever, I'm not letting anyone walk into my house and take my s**t. Remember how "racist" it is to stand against illegal immigration when your old and broke with no social security or retirement.



actually i honestly thought you'd like the song....it's against the liberal mind of blaming society for every bad person.


My bad about that dude I misunderstood you.



sigholdaccountlost
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,207

02 Mar 2007, 1:17 pm

Policticial correctness is an important tool but it is not the only one.
Sure, we need some PC but what we don't need is to go overboard with it.


_________________
<a href="http://www.kia-tickers.com><img src="http://www.kia-tickers.com/bday/ticker/19901105/+0/4/1/name/r55/s37/bday.png" border="0"> </a>