You can time travel back to any year, you would go back to?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 4:48 am

Okay, so let's say that you could go back to any year before 2010. You would start on January 1st and in exactly one year, you would be returned to the present time. What would you pick and why? This is not so much as how your personal life was or how the country was doing at the time, but more about how good the pop culture was. So basically which year had the best in movies, music, television, and videogames. I would probably pick 2008, when I was 9 years old and turned 10 in September. They had pretty much everything on then, and I was never bored when the tv or radio was on. Even with our economy starting to sink, my family had enough money for us to go to Six Flags, Wisconsin Dells, get me a ps3(They were very new) and for my birthday party we took a limousine ride to an arcade and pizza palace. For Christmas I had quite a few goodies, including a bike, a guitar, and the Black Ice album. Then 2009 came, we had a new president and.... well we've been going mostly downhill ever since. But it was still my favorite year of all time, and extremely underrated.
Favorite videogames: Too many. Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Saints Row 2, Civilization Revolution, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3, Call of Duty World at War, Batman Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3.
Favorite movies: Way too many. Cloverfield, The Tale of Despereaux, Bolt, Slumdog Millionaire, Burn After Reading, Kit Kittredge, Saw 5, Quarantine, Max Payne, Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Vantage Point, 10,000 B.C., Eagle Eye, Igor, WALL-E, Get Smart. I'll go ahead and say even the first Twilight wasn't that bad.
Favorite Music: WAY TOO MANY. Gavin Degraw, (who I saw in concert in Great America) Natasha Bedingfield, Taylor Swift, Fall Out Boy, The Offspring, Kings of Leon, 3OH!3, David Archuleta, ACDC, Kevin Rudolf, Kid Rock, Akon, The Fray, Hollywood Undead, Cage the Elephant, Daughtry, Avril Lavigne, All American Rejects, The Ting Tings.
Favorite Television: Total Drama Island, Breaking Bad, Wipeout, The Big Bang Theory, Sons of Anarchy, 90210, and The Mentalist. Not a lot there, but we had a few good ones.
And Believe it or not, the music and games I listed were about half of the good ones released that year, and the movies probably are less than a quarter. Television was barely a third (There were also some cartoons, but I don't want to name them and look immature.) Yea, what a rockin' time we had right? When I die, If I have the option to, I'm going to request starting that one over again. So, what would you go back to if you had the chance? '99 perhaps? I have a feeling that would be a high one. I could make a list just as big as this one, but I've wrote enough, so i'll let you do that.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 7:23 am

Before 2010?

I was just going to say 2010. It was the best year of my life. That was the one year of my life when I was truly happy. I feel like I peaked that year and have gone downhill ever since.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 7:49 am

modernmax wrote:
Okay, so let's say that you could go back to any year before 2010. You would start on January 1st and in exactly one year, you would be returned to the present time. What would you pick and why? This is not so much as how your personal life was or how the country was doing at the time, but more about how good the pop culture was. So basically which year had the best in movies, music, television, and videogames. I would probably pick 2008, when I was 9 years old and turned 10 in September. They had pretty much everything on then, and I was never bored when the tv or radio was on. Even with our economy starting to sink, my family had enough money for us to go to Six Flags, Wisconsin Dells, get me a ps3(They were very new) and for my birthday party we took a limousine ride to an arcade and pizza palace. For Christmas I had quite a few goodies, including a bike, a guitar, and the Black Ice album. Then 2009 came, we had a new president and.... well we've been going mostly downhill ever since. But it was still my favorite year of all time, and extremely underrated.
Favorite videogames: Too many. Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Saints Row 2, Civilization Revolution, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3, Call of Duty World at War, Batman Arkham Asylum, Fallout 3.
Favorite movies: Way too many. Cloverfield, The Tale of Despereaux, Bolt, Slumdog Millionaire, Burn After Reading, Kit Kittredge, Saw 5, Quarantine, Max Payne, Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Vantage Point, 10,000 B.C., Eagle Eye, Igor, WALL-E, Get Smart. I'll go ahead and say even the first Twilight wasn't that bad.
Favorite Music: WAY TOO MANY. Gavin Degraw, (who I saw in concert in Great America) Natasha Bedingfield, Taylor Swift, Fall Out Boy, The Offspring, Kings of Leon, 3OH!3, David Archuleta, ACDC, Kevin Rudolf, Kid Rock, Akon, The Fray, Hollywood Undead, Cage the Elephant, Daughtry, Avril Lavigne, All American Rejects, The Ting Tings.
Favorite Television: Total Drama Island, Breaking Bad, Wipeout, The Big Bang Theory, Sons of Anarchy, 90210, and The Mentalist. Not a lot there, but we had a few good ones.
And Believe it or not, the music and games I listed were about half of the good ones released that year, and the movies probably are less than a quarter. Television was barely a third (There were also some cartoons, but I don't want to name them and look immature.) Yea, what a rockin' time we had right? When I die, If I have the option to, I'm going to request starting that one over again. So, what would you go back to if you had the chance? '99 perhaps? I have a feeling that would be a high one. I could make a list just as big as this one, but I've wrote enough, so i'll let you do that.

You mean go back and relive one year of my life? That would probably be the late 1960s when I was seven or eight. It was a good time for me. My family was doing well at that time too. It would be interesting to watch the TV shows again and experience that culture once again. But really I would like to go back before I was born, to the 1950s. Because I never got to experience that time period, and it was an incredible time for pop culture.

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 8:00 am

Me? 2004, everything around me seemed good, all the music seemed to have a kind of feel good sense to it, like the remnants of the 90s carryin on, I was happy as a 4/5 year old, I had many friends and I loved it.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 8:02 am

To the day I was born. :)

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 8:16 pm

Do we have to re-live/re-experience our lives then, or can we do things differently?

Sylkat

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

03 Jan 2014, 8:23 pm

December 31, 1979. Just so I could live in the 1980s.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 8:36 pm

I really do not wish to relive any year of my past life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 9:22 pm

I'd travel back to 1964 and drive the old fashioned people crazy by dressing like The Kinks wearing the exact replicas of the red jackets and yellow frilly shirts they wore. I was born female though I know I'm a man. I also identify as male on WP and real life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 9:23 pm

Twin Pea

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 9:47 pm

Only if I could live like I am now I wouldn't want to relive things that were too painfull.

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm

I would time travel to 2009, and fix a few uh..mistakes from my high school years!!

MBTI- ISTP

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 12:38 am

Return to the middle of 1990(the year I was born) so I could relive the birth of grunge music, all those new releases filling the airwaves and the concert halls..

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 1:29 am

Sylkat wrote:
Do we have to re-live/re-experience our lives then, or can we do things differently?

Sylkat

You would be the same age as you are now, just in a different time. So no you can't really relive anything that is out of your control. If you did change your age going back, then yes you could do things differently if you wanted.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 8:49 am

1973 - I'd start a college scholarship fund for my younger self, and convince him to send that "Pen Pal" letter.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 9:07 am

Back to the first humans.

I'd then exterminate them.