Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Are you more attracted towards dominant or submissive men?
Dominant 56%  56%  [ 25 ]
Submissive 44%  44%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 45

OlivG
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2014, 5:27 pm

Which kind of men do you find yourself to be more attracted towards? From what I've read, it's overwhelmingly common amongst the NT women that they are attracted to dominant men. It got me kinda worried because I'm not dominant at all and I'd prefer someone who could take the lead.

However I've also read reports from some autistic women that they have found themselves to be attracted to the shy nerdy types, I wondered if such preferences are more common amongst the autistic women. It would make some sense, for example I read some studies that the autistic women have higher testosterone levels than the NTs.

If you can, please base your answers on what you've felt towards men, not what you might theoretically find the most attractive.

Lostiehere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

Attracted to subs for the most part, we seem to mesh better.

AQ Test Score: 37

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 6:12 pm

Well, ideally, I would prefer as an equal treatment in the sense of not being submissive all the time-me not being submissive all the time-...Something in between. That would be the best. So, yes, I´d be attracted to being equal in this sense. :)

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

To be completely honest, I'm attracted to doms but most men don't have what it takes to be a dom. So I'd rather be with a sub rather than a dom-wannabe.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 7:08 pm

Neither.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 9:57 pm

I echo the opinions of those who wish to be with an equal.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2014, 12:13 am

To be honest, I'd prefer submissive for men, but with the potential to switch on occasion. Gotta shake things up ever so often.

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

bearsandsyrup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2014, 12:24 am

I wanted someone who could push back against me when I lost my temper or became impassioned about a topic, but I also wanted someone who would listen to me (and generally follow my choice) when I feel very strongly about a decision in our lives. So somewhere in between-- I wanted an equal.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2014, 5:46 am

No preference, because even dominant types have to become submissive if they want to live with me without experiencing my rage outbursts : 3

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 6:56 am

I prefer a kind, considerate person (man or woman). Not sure which option that would be. I guess a submissive one is a bit easier to live with. I'm pretty bossy myself.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 8:16 am

Not everything is black and white. You can't just class people as either dominant or submissive.

Most of us are somewhere in between and want someone in between the two extremes.

However, no one wants to be someone's mother if they are looking for a grown up husband or partner. They don't want to be a PA either. They want to be with a responsible adult that can remember to pay a bill when it needs to be done, they don't want to be the person always having to remember stuff, like when to take the car to the mechanic when it's time for a service.

If one person in the relationship always needs to be the responsible party they will get drained easily and feel used and will resent the one who never lifts a finger.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 4:32 am

Ideally I'd like it to be equal but I am attracted more to submissive then dominant. I have been attracted to dominant on some occations.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 10:20 am

hurtloam wrote:
Not everything is black and white. You can't just class people as either dominant or submissive.

Most of us are somewhere in between and want someone in between the two extremes.

However, no one wants to be someone's mother if they are looking for a grown up husband or partner. They don't want to be a PA either. They want to be with a responsible adult that can remember to pay a bill when it needs to be done, they don't want to be the person always having to remember stuff, like when to take the car to the mechanic when it's time for a service.

If one person in the relationship always needs to be the responsible party they will get drained easily and feel used and will resent the one who never lifts a finger.

Yes! Vanilla relationships need a dominant and a submissive like a lesbian relationship needs a man and a woman.

I've never looked at anyone I've had feelings for as dominant or submissive. They were just people who were too shy to ask me out, who were much more outgoing and comfortable with themselves than me, etc. Dominant and submissive are power words.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 7:43 am

Somewhere in between. But if I had to choose one of the extremes it would be submissive for sure, since dominant guys are unbearable most of the time. Also I like the shy, nerdy, reflexive, naive type. No, I'm low in testosterone.

Ceallaigh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2021, 8:21 pm

My husband is dominant, though not overly so. I've learned that it's my type. My first husband is a narcissistic sociopath, that was TOO much for me. Mostly because he was unkind. I think I'd be ok with someone that controlling as long as they truly loved me and were kind, not just fake-kind to get me to submit, but genuine to the core kind. I do well with the security that comes from being submissive to someone who gets me and wants to use their strengths to help me succeed in my goals. For me, it's comforting. I also identify as a little. Anyone else?

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 8:59 am

i like to be boss so i prefer submissive which is what my husband is