Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 1:09 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-bWz74h518[/youtube] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 8:57 am

It's about time!

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 8:58 am

Jon Safran is one of my favorite TV personalities.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 10:00 am

Salvation army makes more noise than Iron Maiden? I might have something to discover!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 10:39 am

That guy was far too annoying to listen to for more than a minute, if that long. :x
Personally, I don't particularly like for ANY church to send its members out door to door as if they're peddling girl scout cookies. Around here it's not just the Mormons who are guilty of it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 10:42 am

Someone posted that a couple years ago. Its pretty funny though.

The sight of a bald nerdy white British guy reciting a SaltNPepa rap ( "be a freak, and sell it on the weekend") alone makes it priceless.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 10:50 am

A couple times a year I used to get Jehovah's witnesses,but I hid from them and they no longer bother.The only person that has showed up here recently was a lost and frightened tourist.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 11:21 am

/\
What frightened them?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 11:26 am

Raptor wrote:
/\
What frightened them?

Lizard woman. :P

Damn, link doesn't work. What's wrong with Google image search anyway? Its going directly to the page with the images on rather than showing a link to only the image. :?

[Troll Edit: You have to remove the "s" from the https. :wink: /Viper]

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 11:38 am

TallyMan wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\
What frightened them?

Lizard woman. :P

Damn, link doesn't work. What's wrong with Google image search anyway? Its going directly to the page with the images on rather than showing a link to only the image. :?

Or maybe they saw Deliverance

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 11:45 am

We had a family of Mormons living near us, who used to collect tins of baked beans and keep them down the cellar.

I'm not sure if that has something to do with their religion, or whether they just liked baked beans.

Or maybe they were just looking for a source of renewable energy. :shrug:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 11:47 am

Raptor wrote:
/\
What frightened them?

They probly watched Deliverance.
My driveway is long and also posted with Keep Out signs,they didn't keep out. :D
Plus the corgi had drug up a load of deer legs and a hide and they were scattered all over the lawn and porch.This county also has a bad rep,the people in the other counties all talk about how dangerous it is to be lost here at night,it's total BS,but makes for some interesting gossip.
The only bad thing about breaking down at night is you may be sitting for hours till someone comes by,don't count on cell phone service,it's sketchy.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 11:56 am

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
/\
What frightened them?

They probly watched Deliverance.
My driveway is long and also posted with Keep Out signs,they didn't keep out. :D
Plus the corgi had drug up a load of deer legs and a hide and they were scattered all over the lawn and porch.This county also has a bad rep,the people in the other counties all talk about how dangerous it is to be lost here at night,it's total BS,but makes for some interesting gossip.
The only bad thing about breaking down at night is you may be sitting for hours till someone comes by,don't count on cell phone service,it's sketchy.

That's why I carry two cell phones with separate providers when I go off into th' hills. If one don't get a signal the other'n might.
I aint affeerd of hillbillies or of being there, I just don't want to be stuck in one place.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 12:05 pm

babybird wrote:
We had a family of Mormons living near us, who used to collect tins of baked beans and keep them down the cellar.

I'm not sure if that has something to do with their religion, or whether they just liked baked beans.

Probably they were survivalists awaiting the apocalypse, and were stocking up on canned goods.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 12:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
babybird wrote:

Probably they were survivalists awaiting the apocalypse, and were stocking up on canned goods.

It's part of Mormon practice to store food and things away for emergencies where food would be scarce. Personally, I think that's a very wise practice.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 12:10 pm

Verizon is the only one you would have a chance with.You can send a text at my house but you have to set the phone in a certain window.They all work in town, but once you get down in some of the hollers,it's pretty much a no go.Lots of dead zones.