Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 10:57 am

its interesting, i did much better on this test then the average for females with Aspergers as well as females without Aspergers.

i think it was something like 15.0 in 3.4 seconds. which does not make any sense with being on the autistic spectrum, i found it really easy, i wonder if this cancels out any chance of me being ever diagnosed as having Aspergers however it is the only test i have taken that got a good result.

http://www.aspietests.org/

matt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 8:57 pm

Quote:
Test taken on 4 January 2014: You scored 16.0 out of 22 in 21.3 seconds

The average score for males with ASD is 12.8 out of 22 in 9.1 seconds
The average score for females with ASD is 11.7 out of 22 in 9.1 seconds
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.4 out of 22 in 12.3 seconds
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 12.4 out of 22 in 10.0 seconds
The average score for male neurotypicals is 10.5 out of 22 in 12.9 seconds
The average score for female neurotypicals is 14.6 out of 22 in 10.2 seconds
I took about twice as long as other people.

It seems very interesting to me that according to their stated results, on average, males with diagnosed ASD scored better than males with suspected ASD, who on average scored better than neurotypical males, but on average, female neurotypicals scored better than females with suspected ASD, who on average scored better than females with diagnosed ASD. That seems to imply that this test might not be useful.

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 9:46 pm

matt wrote:
Quote:
Test taken on 4 January 2014: You scored 16.0 out of 22 in 21.3 seconds

The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.4 out of 22 in 12.3 seconds
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 12.4 out of 22 in 10.0 seconds
I took about twice as long as other people.

It seems very interesting to me that according to their stated results, on average, males with diagnosed ASD scored better than males with suspected ASD, who on average scored better than neurotypical males, but on average, female neurotypicals scored better than females with suspected ASD, who on average scored better than females with diagnosed ASD. That seems to imply that this test might not be useful.

yes they do seem quite conflicting, I did not notice that at first, does not make much sense.

Wags
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jan 2014, 10:18 pm

Test taken on 4 January 2014: You scored 12.0 out of 22 in 10.1 seconds

Why are these tests not 100% accurate?

- We do not stare at there face in real life
- Us aspies can be so overwhelmed and anxious talking to people, that we have a much harder time irl.
- Our mind is completely set on finding out how one person will feel on this quiz. In real life, there is a lot more you must do socially.

And countless more. In the "Reading the mind in the eyes test", I did fairly well, but In real life i'm not nearly as good. People don't hold the expression constantly, there usually very brief.

ADD: Also, you don't have multiple choices in reality. I'm sure I would have done much worse without the choices.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 4:16 am

I got 18 out of 22 in 6.8 seconds. I RULE!! !

I would totally claim not to even suspect being on the spectrum now, except I got 149 on the The Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised (RAADS-R) test. Which, by the way stressed me out immensely by its imprecise answer options. One question in particular I couldn't even answer at all because the options available just weren't even remotely accurate for how it applied to me. :x

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2014, 7:30 am

Quote:
Test taken on 5 January 2014: You scored 14.0 out of 22 in 7.6 seconds

The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.4 out of 22 in 12.2 seconds

I improved a lot lately; I took this same test a year ago and I scored 6 on 22.

ouroborosUK
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2014, 7:50 am

Quote:
Test taken on 5 January 2014: You scored 10.0 out of 22 in 7.7 seconds

I have to add that though my English is quite good I am not a native English speaker, which probably hampered my understanding of some scenes.

Quote:
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.4 out of 22 in 12.2 seconds

That's really weird. According to them, NT males < everyone with a suspected of real ASD < NT females. I wonder if this test really discriminates anything (except maybe NT male vs female) ; it would be nice to have other statistics such as standard deviation for each group too.

Edit : According to the scientific paper about that test, when they used it in real controlled lab conditions with two populations (NT and diagnosed HFA/AS), they got a statistical difference with mean=14.96 and SD=3.28 for the HFA/AS group and mean=18.77 and SD=2.41 for the neurotypical group. (They also found a positive correlation with verbal IQ and with the CAM (Cambridge Mindreading FaceVoice Battery) score, but no unambiguous correlation with the AQ score.) I wonder why the results are so different (and, overall, such lower) for the online test.

A bit obsessed with vocabulary, semantics and using the right words. Sorry if it is a concern. It's the way I think, I am not hair-splitting or attacking you.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 1:14 pm

I wonder if stereotype threat is playing a part.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 12:39 am

Quote:
Test taken on 5 January 2014: You scored 14.0 out of 22 in 5.6 seconds

The average score for females with ASD is 11.7 out of 22 in 9.0 seconds
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 12.4 out of 22 in 12.1 seconds

(Note: female, self-diagnosed/suspected AS.)

Interesting...maybe because I've always focused on the emotions of characters in films and TV shows. In a couple of cases, I could tell due to context and dialogue more than anything else. Not sure how well I do IRL.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 12:55 am

leafplant wrote:

I would totally claim not to even suspect being on the spectrum now, except I got 149 on the The Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised (RAADS-R) test. Which, by the way stressed me out immensely by its imprecise answer options. One question in particular I couldn't even answer at all because the options available just weren't even remotely accurate for how it applied to me. :x

I just took the RAADS-R and got 114. Those answer options are strange--I may not have remembered stuff correctly from "before age 16."

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 3:31 am

leafplant wrote:

Me too, I got a 15 out of 22 in 6.8 seconds on the film test, then went on to score a 171 on the RAADS-R. I chalk my success on the former test up to the fact that I've taken it before. The first time I did it several months ago, I'm pretty sure I landed in the ASD score range.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 8:47 am

I took it a long time ago. I scored lower than average in about 700 seconds (slow internet > wait until videos load > refresh page)