Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

EmeraldGreen
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2014, 5:48 pm

mikassyna wrote:
About Max's mother... she's just annoying. She tries to portray herself as a tough lady but I always feel she's on the verge of crying about something or getting overly emotional about something. Her voice wobbles. I hate the way the ends of her sentences lilt down. It makes me angry.

That's exactly what annoyed me, too. Her voice always sounds like she's just barely holding back tears. Her character's like a a fluffy white miniature poodle that thinks she's a big dog. What I do like about her character is that I think IRL there are actually people like her around, so I have to commend her for the rendition - plus, because she's so many world's apart from my thinking I am often surprised by her character.

I wish the writers had devoted the time they wasted on Maddie to all the other stories that they were closing out for the season.....I would have liked to see more of a focus on Hank and Sarah, but they handled that all right. But they shouldn't have tried to cram in so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE

EmeraldGreen
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2014, 5:59 pm

perpetual_padawan wrote:
[This is me. I was clueless about AS. I literally had no idea it existed prior to my wife randomly starting watching the show and I got sucked in because I was intrigued by this kid Max and his Asperger's syndrome. Then Hank comes along, and the idea that it's possible for an adult to go through life without the traits being identified really struck a cord with me, especially after that particular conversation about why Hank felt he had Aspergers. Then I looked up the AQ test and took it after he was talking to the doctor about his score and the doctor told him it's fairly accurate indicator. I scored a 41. Then I started reading about AS, how it is expressed in adults, what are the symptoms, etc, and I was so overwhelmed, but also--

hopeful. Maybe I can find the answers now to why life has been so damned hard for me and find a place in this world that I just don't really understand.

Wow! Congratulations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE