Things about me that I've never discussed before...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Frmeepy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2014, 5:17 pm

So there are things about me....

Whenever I go out, I feel so uncomfortable when there are people around. Like, at the store, I just want to quickly buy what I need and get out as fast as I can. Even at school. I always try to sit in the back of the classroom where people can't see me, and hope nobody would interact with me. Every time I try to talk to people, I just really really really don't understand what they're talking about. The only person I truly get along with and feel comfortable with is my boyfriend, who has aspergers too. I can't even connect with my parents.

I'd prefer to be by myself where people can't see or interact with me. I try to avoid hanging out with people as well, because I feel like they will rely on me to not bore them while we hang out and that is a lot of work for me to do. Unless they enjoy long sessions of silence, star gazing, and awkward small talk about what we love, then they shouldn't find me boring... I hope.

And... whenever someone taps me on the shoulder, even lightly, I jump and feel startled. Whenever I flush the toilet, I cover my ears and run outside, sometimes I get so startled I don't even stop to wash my hands. Well, I feel like that to loud noises in general... but people look at me funny when I run out of the bathroom covering my ears so I figured it's weird and maybe I should try to stop? ....when someone calls my name, usually I avoid them because I'm nervous and don't know what they want, but then minutes later, I'm left wondering for the rest of the day what they wanted with me. Little things like this keep me up at night sometimes. Am I a weirdo? Anyone else feel like this too?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm

hiya Frmeepy :) welcome to the club 8) I have long been extra-sensitive to loud noises and especially SUDDEN loud SHARP noises and bright lights.