Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ARW_AS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 221
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

20 Feb 2007, 5:01 pm

I'm curious: what do the general American public find more important - dismantling 'race barriers' or the 'glass ceiling'?

Personally, and sorry ladies, I think the glass ceiling can wait awhile.



ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,506

20 Feb 2007, 6:37 pm

ARW_AS wrote:
dismantling 'race barriers' or the 'glass ceiling'?


No.



parts
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,579
Location: New England

20 Feb 2007, 8:10 pm

In the last few days I have received the Dear Friend letter from both him and Hillary asking for money my wife has not and she is a registered democrat I am unaffiliated but tend towards Libertarianism


_________________
"Strange is your language and I have no decoder Why don't make your intentions clear..." Peter Gabriel

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php


Hans_Solo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 226
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

20 Feb 2007, 9:21 pm

parts wrote:
Hans_Solo wrote:
Flagg wrote:
I'm honestly sick of the two-party system.


Start voting for a third party then?


There is no really viable third party in the US. There are a few but they do not get that many votes too many people too lazy to change or look in new directions.


Well, the American people's own fault then.



ARW_AS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 221
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

21 Feb 2007, 11:08 am

ahayes wrote:
ARW_AS wrote:
dismantling 'race barriers' or the 'glass ceiling'?


No.


What's your problem? Reasonable questions require, at the very least, reasonable answers. Flippant one word answers just go to prove my assumption you're a dickhead.



ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,506

21 Feb 2007, 12:58 pm

ARW_AS wrote:
ahayes wrote:
ARW_AS wrote:
dismantling 'race barriers' or the 'glass ceiling'?


No.


What's your problem? Reasonable questions require, at the very least, reasonable answers. Flippant one word answers just go to prove my assumption you're a dickhead.


Well, dismantling 'race barriers' is really a liberal excuse for putting them back up.

And there isn't a glass ceiling, people of all races, genders, "sexual orientations", have been gloriously successful.



janicka
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,911
Location: Mountain Paradise

21 Feb 2007, 1:20 pm

We have a very diverse election coming up...

Running:
Black: Obama
Woman: Clinton
Mormon: Romney
Italian Catholic: Guiliani
Irish Catholic: McCain

If Rice forms an exploratory committee, we'll add a black woman to the list.



ARW_AS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 221
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

21 Feb 2007, 4:52 pm

ahayes wrote:
ARW_AS wrote:
ahayes wrote:
ARW_AS wrote:
dismantling 'race barriers' or the 'glass ceiling'?


No.


What's your problem? Reasonable questions require, at the very least, reasonable answers. Flippant one word answers just go to prove my assumption you're a dickhead.


Well, dismantling 'race barriers' is really a liberal excuse for putting them back up.

And there isn't a glass ceiling, people of all races, genders, "sexual orientations", have been gloriously successful.


Fair enough, BUT hence why I put those two phrases in quotation marks...Assumptions, assumptions. Can I not ask something without someone assuming my political persuasions?



headphase
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 709
Location: NC, USA

21 Feb 2007, 5:50 pm

janicka wrote:
We have a very diverse election coming up...

Running:
Black: Obama
Woman: Clinton
Mormon: Romney
Italian Catholic: Guiliani
Irish Catholic: McCain

If Rice forms an exploratory committee, we'll add a black woman to the list.

You forgot:
Hispanic : Richardson



janicka
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,911
Location: Mountain Paradise

21 Feb 2007, 6:21 pm

headphase wrote:
janicka wrote:
We have a very diverse election coming up...

Running:
Black: Obama
Woman: Clinton
Mormon: Romney
Italian Catholic: Guiliani
Irish Catholic: McCain

If Rice forms an exploratory committee, we'll add a black woman to the list.

You forgot:
Hispanic : Richardson


My bad - I didn't realize that he'd formed an exploratory committee :oops:



Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2006
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,520
Location: Hiding in the attic of the Arkham Library

21 Feb 2007, 6:31 pm

All good and well, but we beat you to the punch with Thacker, you know.


_________________
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow. I feel my fate in what I cannot fear. I learn by going where I have to go. ~Theodore Roethke