Trolling someones Beliefs with fubar logic. AKA Trolling

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you givea hoot about proving opinion?
yes 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
no 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
Huhuhuh, your logic is invalid, trololololo! 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 8:42 am

[opinion=mine]

It would be helpful if: (1) People would call-out their own opinions as opinions (as I've done here, for example); and (2) people would provide links to the sources of their alleged 'facts'.

[/opinion]

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 8:45 am

Fnord wrote:
[opinion=mine]

It would be helpful if: (1) People would call-out their own opinions as opinions (as I've done here, for example); and (2) people would provide links to the sources of their alleged 'facts'.

[/opinion]

(thanks) thank you fnord, you are a good guy (thanks)

Sherlock03
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 9:21 am

If you cannot rationally and empirically prove your stance,then it is not an opinion it is a belief. The problem is that people often interchange the two, so debates become as fruitless as talking about the belief in a hollow earth.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 9:31 am

Sherlock03 wrote:
If you cannot rationally and empirically prove your stance,then it is not an opinion it is a belief. The problem is that people often interchange the two, so debates become as fruitless as talking about the belief in a hollow earth.

An opinion is not a theory you can disprove. An opinion is a belief, how is my opinion of Rolo candy being delicious a theory? You can't prove or disprove that it is delicious to me as much as you can disprove or prove God.

If you try and prove that I don't enjoy Rolos, I will be ashamed I even started this thread.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 9:36 am

I have no admiration at all for people who expect people to scientifically prove opinion or belief. They stomp over them just because their ego says that that person is wrong to have that opinion. If you do this, why are you here? I said everyone was right, to respect all opinion. Obviously you people didn't care to do so. I will let you people argue amongst yourselves.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 10:28 am

appletheclown wrote:
Sherlock03 wrote:

An opinion is not a theory you can disprove. An opinion is a belief, how is my opinion of Rolo candy being delicious a theory? You can't prove or disprove that it is delicious to me as much as you can disprove or prove God.

If you try and prove that I don't enjoy Rolos, I will be ashamed I even started this thread.

appleclown, you young age is showing, :)

You did committ a fallacy earlier, and now you say an opinion cannot be proven false.

My opinion is that this sentence ends. ( True )
My opinion is that this sentence has twenty-five words. (False)

A logical fallacy has to do with the relationship of the premises and conclusions of the statement, not the content of the statement itself. You appeared to have this confused based on your response earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of ... _privation

The fallacy of relative privation is an informal fallacy which attempts to suggest that the opponent's argument should be ignored because there are more important problems in the world — despite the fact that these issues are often completely unrelated to the subject under discussion.

That is precisly what you did.

Your statement of .... "Hey, things aren't so bad for you. Look at these other places where people have it worst (Rwanda for example) " suggests her arguments should be ignored because some greater problem in the world.

You can delete your posts and I will delete this if you want.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 10:30 am

It is now blatantly obvious that this thread is a revival of a thread previously locked by Cornflake.

Thread locked.