Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EL60
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2014, 1:23 am

gday all does anyone on here like tattoos and has anyone got any.

:)

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 2:21 am

I have four, i regret one of them but otherwise i think they are an expression of my life's journey. go you have any?

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 2:44 am

I don't have any and don't plan to in the near future.

See the thing with tattoos is at the time when You get them it may look nice and You'll like it quite a lot, come 10 years later Your skin has morphed the ink up and You start to hate Your tattoo, plus I imagine it would quite hurt to get a Tattoo.

EL60
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2014, 2:45 am

salamandaqwerty wrote:
I have four, i regret one of them but otherwise i think they are an expression of my life's journey. go you have any?
ive got 2, one has a meaning my recent one which is almost finished got a dove with a cross with my late nan and pops name i miss everyday with both passed on :( the other is of skulls on my right arm. im planning to get more later this year

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 3:11 am

EL60 wrote:
salamandaqwerty wrote:
ive got 2, one has a meaning my recent one which is almost finished got a dove with a cross with my late nan and pops name i miss everyday with both passed on :( the other is of skulls on my right arm. im planning to get more later this year

its like carrying your nan and pops spirit and memories of them with you at all times thats cool.

Last edited by salamandaqwerty on 10 Jan 2014, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 2:12 pm

I'm sure everybody knows what my tattoo would be if I got one.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 5:37 pm

I tried to get rid of some of my tattoos and it went horribly wrong.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jan 2014, 12:01 am

I have 9 scars on my upper arm from slashing myself 10 years ago. I hate having the scars still & I'd think it be the same if I get a tattoo. It may be something that's not thought about much in the moment like slashing my arm was or seems like a good idea at the time but latter on I'd change & think back on that situation & point in life & hate having a permanent physical reminder branded on me. I also don't like the idea of standing out visually &attracting attention to myself by my appearance. I'm not attracted to altered appearances or things that stand out; I like natural slightly conservative or traditional looks. I have a low tolerance for pain too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 1:21 am

I like and appreciate art and often find myself admiring the beauty of people's tattoos. I like them when there tasteful and in full colour, I would likely never get one though, I can't imagine myself as a 60-80 year old with wrinkled illegible tattoos on my skin and if my opinions or tastes change, and they do I would then likely regret the tattoo so for those reasons my body shall remain a blank canvas. I will point out that some people appear to be real artists and others appear to only know how to run an ink gun over traced lines and theres a difference in quality.

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 8:12 am

I have three now. Got my first one back around April of 2013 and have a sleeve getting worked on.
The one on my left arm is the turning axis diagram used in CNC turning, the ankle tattoo is a series of demonlike creatures (blacksmith, turner and bagpiper) with a withered dead tree and hangman's gallows which will be silhouettes with a sunset background. My sleeve is biomechanical CNC lathe/mill hybridisation

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 8:14 am

Planning on even more soon, when I get what I have finished. They don't hurt too bad, just the underarm in one small region.
Will get collarbone/upper chest area done soon.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 8:56 am

am wanting to get at least two smallish tattoos done,one of an incredible friend;a cockerel of mine [in avatar] who was kidnapped in june last year,he was a real gentleman and miss him greatly,the other one that want to get done is of a cat of mine called lottie who was run over and killed the year before last,also want to get one of goldiecat who died of severe brain injury last year.
the only issue is have got acute issues with the noise of the tatttoo needle buzzing and have never been able to get it so far,did a home made tattoo for lottie when she died using a needle and ball point ink.

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 12:49 pm

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 10:38 am

I have quite a bit of ink myself, but nothing quite as outlandish as the above sleeve.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 1:06 am

I don't particularly like the term "pride", but if their is one pride in my life, it is that I have never succumbed to the temptation to deface my body with tattoos or piercings of any kind. No slam on anyone else, but personally, to me, to give in to that idea is a lack of personal discipline. I don't understand the reason for it. I don't need a permanent reminder of anything or anyone. My mind works just fine in that respect. I can remember in vivid detail things from as early as age 5 that even my parents don't recall. What is not in this moment is either illusion or delusion. I don't need reminders of either. It is not going to help me in any way now. Holding on to things in the mind causes nothing but problems. And when I see tattoos on others I view it as an intrusion, a deliberate intrusion on my peace of mind. It is like someone is demanding that I notice them. I view tattoos as cheating.

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 1:39 am

I have felt the urge to commemorate things with tattoos. Some (of my tats meanings) are cryptic, others are more obvious, all very personal.

11 so far, and I don't think I'm finished yet. I still have patches of unmolested flesh that will no doubt be filled in at some point.

Getting tattoos can be very addictive.

No regrets, FTW.