Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 11:38 am

Please look at my thread about the 7 second eye contact rule which I got from an NT YouTube series.

It's fascinating. Another part of the story? If you look into another person's right eye (from your vantage point on the left) you are reading their projection of self to the world. But if you look into their left eye, you will get their true emotion.

I know that such subtle distinctions would be like a graduate level course in face-reading for most of us, but we are smart people right? Looking into a person's right eye will make them feel comfortable. Looking into their left eye will make them feel vulnerable.

That's all I know. I'm only relating to you things I was taught, none of which has come to me by any instinct.

jcq126
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jan 2014, 11:42 am

I despise making eye contact. The few times I've tried to HOLD eye contact "normally" I felt like I was letting that person see all my deepest and darkest secrets and that they could read my soul. I felt like I had no privacy and like I was naked and felt violated.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 12:09 pm

I can make full eye contact with my sister, (more or less my brother, not really), or my former girlfriend.

I can make partial eye contact with my autistic friends, but even less with my neurotypical friends.

I can't make eye contact otherwise. I can't even do it if you tell me to do it.