Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 4:35 am

I have always had a problem with modesty and appearance or
so im constantly told.
Or perhaps its everyone else who has a problem with it.
Theres times when i will walk through the living room into the kitchen without
any clothes on after having a shower to get something, like when theres people
visiting and i just dont realize that im doing something wrong.
Or ive gone out to the sidewalk in just my underwear to get something.
Other times i have a shirt on inside out, or one of my pockets is pulled out,
and i always forget to zip up. Sometimes my hair is a mess or I have food on my face.
Does anyone else deal with this and have people getting all uptight about it?

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 4:55 am

I actually did this around and up to like age 14 or 15. I never had a problem being naked. I remember going naked even when my mom had guests.

Kinda wierd to think back on. But again being naked is one of the most natural things in life.

I'm sure it will change as you get older.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 6:13 am

Being naked is not a bad thing. It is us in our most natural state. However, most people in our society are sensitive to nudity so we should try to respect that just out of general courtesy and respect for other people. I think it may also be against the law to be naked in public. But it is good to respect others in this.

Wreck It Ralph

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 7:15 am

I get the impression the signals are more mixed for boys. Not saying this doesn't happen for girls just think maybe it's easier. Because for girls, you're never supposed to be undressed, even among girls, unless it's a dressing room. And even then there's often cubicles with curtains to hide behind. Which one is encouraged to use. It seems like there's more tolerance for minor things for boys, which may make the rules more unclear.

But there's two issues I think. There is knowing and wanting to follow the rules, and then there is remembering them all. And since I'm often scattered, it helps that I prefer loose clothing, underwear that matches the outer garment, keep combs in many places for when I realize I forgot, just lots of small ways to catch myself. But yes, embarrassing. Because sometimes I forget things I've been unambiguously taught I should remember.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 8:16 am

it is an autism thing it is part of lacking understanding of social rules.
am still exactly the same way and can go outside with nothing on if it wasnt for having support staff dragging self back in. :lol:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 8:23 am

i have no interest in how i appear to others. whatever flows into their mental estuaries maybe caused by me, but i have very limited interest in the matter.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 8:30 am

I'm actually a bit uptight about that and even being in my pajamas feels embarrassing if I have to open the door to the mailman. But my brother did it a lot, right into adulthood! And probably still does. He had no problem at all in walking around the house in y-front underwear as a grown man when visiting our family home (he had moved out and already had his own kids by then), and my Dad even complained and told him to cover up. He didn't get why he should. :lol:

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

13 Jan 2014, 8:40 am

I'm sure your appearance will always be a little off. just go with it. it is a trait that exists for you. you could study fashion, and just when you think everything is in order, and you go out the door, you will notice you have white sox with black shoes and pants, and some girl will come up to you and straighten you collar. your hair will be disarranged. stuff like that. for most people it is a breeze. when you get social enough in life, you will understand what is right and wrong in the eyes of others, and adjust. I had two sisters, soo walking around naked was out of the question.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 8:40 am

Yes when I was younger. I'd forget to close the curtains when getting dressed in my bedroom after getting out of the bath. I was a teenage female at the time though so people were even more shocked under those circumstances.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 12:00 pm

:lol: I used to forget not to come out of my room naked all the time and I'd try to go get the mail and take out the garbage in just an over-sized shirt and underwear.My mum would stop me and yell at me about that.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 12:04 pm

Sometimes when I go skiing, I am out the door before I realize I don't have my ski pants on. :D Good thing I have a base layer on.

Wreck It Ralph

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

13 Jan 2014, 12:36 pm

ooh... that stuff is not soo bad. I had my fun talking to the judge about indecent exposure. long story short, he dropped the charges, and gave me some community service. 40 hours. and no, I will not get into any details.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 12:49 pm

i still have SOO much trouble with this

i stopped walking around naked since i started puberty and felt self conscious about my body, but i wont wear underwear, i wont brush my hair, i dont wash my face, i dont brush my teeth, i have 1 outfit and 1 pajamas (which i dont mind leaving the house in) and i will wear a dirty shirt with no issues. i dont really care if i just walk around the house in a shirt and underwear though.

i didint notice this on my own either, people point this out to me, i just continue not to care.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 3:21 am

I don't usually walk around the house naked so that is why it is annoying or embarrassing when I do
because it means that i am super detached when it happens. its like one of those dreams you have where
you are suddenly naked in front of people, but for me it happens in real life. No one cares or laughs at me
or anything like that tho - but sometimes my uncle or cousin will do one of those wolf whistle things :P
Mainly its having to be inspected a lot to make sure im wearing everything right. Like just yesterday i was
ready to go to school in my flannel pajama pants... :roll:

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 3:35 am

I had very little modesty until I was a teenager. I still have less modesty than my decidedly NT brother.

My hair? My hair is a mess, although I've given up on it in recent years. It does what it wants to do; I'm not going to fight it. I wear the same pants for days on end (I change my underwear daily, though), will wear the same T-shirt for 2-3 days in a row, and, well, let's just say that personal hygiene isn't always my top priority. I don't always set aside the time. I just try to make sure I'm not greasy or stinky.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 3:59 am

When I was younger. The older I get, the more important appearance has become for me because of how people react. It is a very positive reaction when you are well groomed.