Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm

I think if you are talking about your special interest and don't realize that the other person is not interested, that could be weak theory of mind, or maybe not reading cues or both.
If you are in a conversation and believe what the other person is telling you without considering the possibility that the person could have ulterior motives or is being deceptive in some way, that could be weak theory of mind.
This is what makes some people with HFA/AS seem naïve.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

14 Jan 2014, 7:23 pm

I quit. lol!! ! :D

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

14 Jan 2014, 7:53 pm

o.k. wow!! ! I just saw a utube video on the subject from Britain. apparently it is a trick that only works on three year olds. maybe older if you are socially slower. I say so what. the most amazing thing about it is the fact that these people "scientists" as they call them, actually "believe" if you are really good at ToM, you can tap into the unknown of human awareness, and actually literally read someones mind. unfortunately they did not show that one on the video. there are no instructions for it either. i looked. maybe I will see it on the discovery channel right after big foot. I went through the trouble to find a test for it too. what do you know, I found one. the only one I could find was for children. I took it anyways, and I WON!! !! !! !! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! !!

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 8:35 pm

yournamehere wrote:
o.k. wow!! ! I just saw a utube video on the subject from Britain. apparently it is a trick that only works on three year olds. maybe older if you are socially slower. I say so what. the most amazing thing about it is the fact that these people "scientists" as they call them, actually "believe" if you are really good at ToM, you can tap into the unknown of human awareness, and actually literally read someones mind. unfortunately they did not show that one on the video. there are no instructions for it either. i looked. maybe I will see it on the discovery channel right after big foot. I went through the trouble to find a test for it too. what do you know, I found one. the only one I could find was for children. I took it anyways, and I WON!! !! !! !! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! !!

Translate into English please?

IntellectualCat
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jan 2014, 10:48 pm

yournamehere wrote:
theory of mind is axactly what it states. it's a theory. there is really nothing factual about it, for there is no scientific value for thinking, and awareness. for those reasons, in theory there is no real scientific value for psychology either.

Actually, a scientific theory is a hypothesis that is supported by lots of evidence. However, that doesn't mean scientific theories can't be rejected.

yournamehere wrote:
the only thing that makes sence to me is not a part of the ToM "logic" that I have ever read. that is this amazing FACT. no matter how antisocial these "ToM" criteria analizers think autistic, or other people are. the fundamental truth is that ANYONE who has complete isolation from the outside world dies from lonelyness, and all those "ToM" maker people know that almost all people generally use 10% of their minds. not 5%, and not 15%. they have all reported that people are intelligent in different ways, and LEARN! Somehow???? some scientist type people say the social, and language factor is what has made our minds evolve soo big. apparently according to them, there are no other factors. like for instance, pounding nails, or eating meat. omg??? I will stop there... and please forgive me for being me... again.

1. There are actually people out there incapable of feeling loneliness. Also, I don't think isolated people die from loneliness itself, but rather they die when something potentially fatal happens to them and no one is there to help them.

2. I laugh at those scientists because there are many types of intelligences, and those factors would only develop linguistic and interpersonal intelligence. Those scientists should know about how cats evolved their type of intelligence because they are solitary hunters, and how octopuses are solitary, yet are intelligent because of how their nervous system is structured (and, of course, about the theory of multiple intelligences).