What was the best and worst thing anyone has ever said toyou

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm

For me the best was when my drama club teacher said that even though I have a greater struggle than other people to learn different things like playing the guitar and other stuff my results will be bigger, more rewarding and I'm going to be more successful than they ever will be.

Thing the worst will be hard for me since again there's so many horrible things that was said to me but I think the worst was when my grandmother said no wonder people don't like you and no wonder the kids pick on you.

Last edited by jenisautistic on 14 Jan 2014, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 8:48 pm

Best: "You have a gift. You're unlike anyone I've ever met."

Worst (yelling): "Are you weird? Are you strange?"

Trontine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2014, 9:22 pm

Positive: I've been told by some of my friends that I'm the one they trust the most.

Negative: My mom said there wasn't any return slip on me when they realized how I were. We were fighting, probably about something trivial. I used to end up fighting with my parents a lot in that period. I said something like "it's not my fault I was born," and that's when she said this.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 9:53 pm

Positive: This manager of recording artists once looked at my combination of skills and said, "You're very intense." I took that as a compliment.

Negative: My mother on Christmas Day, after finding a secret love letter I'd written to another guy, said, "If I find out you're gay I'm gonna slit your throat from ear to ear."

Herman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm

Had a pretty bad one at christmas party this year, in a club with music playing. A pair of girls has started talking to me, actually giving come compliments. I went back to them later and tried to do the whole "am I dancing near you or with you?" thing and tried to talk to them again.

But they kept saying "why do you look so awkward" over and over in horrified voices.

Trontine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2014, 10:17 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Positive: This manager of recording artists once looked at my combination of skills and said, "You're very intense." I took that as a compliment.

Negative: My mother on Christmas Day, after finding a secret love letter I'd written to another guy, said, "If I find out you're gay I'm gonna slit your throat from ear to ear."

That is terrible!

nuttyengineer
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2014, 10:22 pm

Best: "You are a very resilient person."

Worst: "You aren't a lesbian, you're just going through a phase after watching a TV show about it."

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

i have to say, one of the worst things ever said to me was by other students and it was "ret*d"

but i do like it when peopel compliment on my art skills

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 12:25 am

Positive: some managers considered me to be the most reliable person around.

Negative: most of my coworkers told me to fsck off and die.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 8:51 am

best-from a clinical support staff in the acute hospital am living in at the moment;am one of the kindest most tolerant people theyve ever met/from a ex olympian who owned a RDA riding school; if it wasnt for the sensory issues [with noise and tack/equipment] woud go very far in the special and paralympics and am welcome to ride her olympic dressage horse if can cope with changing the routine of only ever riding jasmine--am one step towards that now am a athlete of the wirral special olympics club.

bad-from mum; she wished had never given birth to self, she said she shoud have had a termination, she said am useless and wont amount to anything, she now knows how wrong she is as am an advocate for people with PMLD,am a paid staff on the interview panels of the CWP and trafford learning disability services,am an owner of a social network for peopel with ID/LD/ASD,am a local campaigner for ASD and ID awareness,am like a carer to the fellow patients in the hospital am in [we all have moderate,severe or profound intelectual disability],plus am doing voluntary work in a very large no kill cat sanctuary,and am also aiming to do voluntary work with kids with ASD/ID-possibly a quite famous local special school.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 8:59 am

Best: 'I think you're a very kind, sweet guy'

Worst: 'You don't believe in God? No wonder you've got such a lousy personality.'

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 11:10 am

The best and worst occurred on the same day in relation to each other.
Worst: having a workmate tell me he didn't want a mongoloid touching his machine.
Best: having the manager of the Factory tell the man that I knew more about any machine in that building than all of the other people combined.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 11:33 am

Drehmaschine wrote:
The best and worst occurred on the same day in relation to each other.
Worst: having a workmate tell me he didn't want a mongoloid touching his machine.

that one is funny as its very obvious when someone unfortunately comes under the ancient insult of 'mongoloid' aka people with downs, think someone needs to go to specsavers for an eye test. :wink:
being as blind as a bat surely is worse in that environment than having a dependable autist working for them,.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 12:54 pm

One of the best things anyone has ever said to me was that I am pretty and meant it.

One of the worst things anyone has ever said to me was ''we wasn't speaking to you'', when I was only trying to join in a casual conversation. I'll say that was probably the worst things ever said to me because it's what has basically set me back socially.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 1:15 pm

Oh so many...
Good: I love you, you're smart(est person here), you're nice, you're argumentative but not in the douchebag way you just love a good debate, you have an amazing voice, you're understanding, that music you wrote is beautiful and it's like I can see into your soul when you play

Bad: My dad when I was playing a video game, in the midst of my many years of deep depression, 'You know you could just put that effort into doing something productive'. My mom when she thinks I don't try hard enough for doing, well, anything, although it's nothing said in so many words. 'I don't want to be your friend anymore' from a friend when I was 10.

Even the bad isn't all that bad. It's even true to degrees of course. But it's the judgement that hurts, that's the worst of it, by far. Random insult x, I dunno, I've probably gotten many of those but if it doesn't count unless I care about who it comes from, and as such I've forgetten about them and I don't care.

Hmm, I must be in a good mood for there to be so many good things and not many bad things. :-)

Poor motivation

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 5:13 pm

The best thing I've been told:
You seem very blokish. You don't look one bit feminine. -By a trusted person on WP.

The worse thing I've been told:
There are lots of things that everybody can do that you will never be able to do, and part of it is because you have a Learning Disability. - By my dad.

You're a girl and girl is a compliment to Shelby. - By my mum.