Eidetic Memory; low IQ (Aspie Intelligence?)

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm

People say I am very smart, however, I don't feel smart.

It feels like I am only repeating back memorized information.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 5:01 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
Sethno wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, isn't 90-115 counted as NORMAL?

Not exactly LOW.

It's the lower end of normal.

It's not the lower end of normal. It's the peak of the bell curve.

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2014, 5:12 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
Sethno wrote:

Not exactly LOW.

It's the lower end of normal.

Oh well, it means nothing to me anyway. If I am able to function well and lead a fairly content existence, it doesn't bother me particularly.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm

fibonaccispiral777 wrote:
Sethno wrote:

Not exactly LOW.

No, you are right, sorry :( but not as high as the information I am aware of may give the impression of if that makes sense. The various persons who have created most of the information I have at my disposal seem to have had far larger IQs.

No doubt the information creators did have far larger IQs. But that's such a high bar. Those people were paradigm changing geniuses with brains that come along maybe a few times a century. Us mere mortals are doing fine if we can simply understand their ideas and discoveries. My brain is a shriveled walnut compared to Einstein's or Darwin's or Newton's or anybody else who changed the world with their intellect. I'm ok with that.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:20 pm

Janissy wrote:
fibonaccispiral777 wrote:
Sethno wrote:

Not exactly LOW.

No, you are right, sorry :( but not as high as the information I am aware of may give the impression of if that makes sense. The various persons who have created most of the information I have at my disposal seem to have had far larger IQs.

No doubt the information creators did have far larger IQs. But that's such a high bar. Those people were paradigm changing geniuses with brains that come along maybe a few times a century. Us mere mortals are doing fine if we can simply understand their ideas and discoveries. My brain is a shriveled walnut compared to Einstein's or Darwin's or Newton's or anybody else who changed the world with their intellect. I'm ok with that.

I think you have an exaggerated conception of these people.

Einstein self-denied his supposed genius.

Einstein quotes:

•Since the mathematicians have invaded the theory of relativity, I do not understand it myself anymore.

•It strikes me as unfair, and even bad taste, to select a few individuals for boundless admiration, attributing superhuman powers of mind and character to them. This has been my fate, and the contrast between the popular assessment of my powers and achievements and the reality is grotesque.

•I don’t believe in mathematics.

•A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

•When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.

•Here in Princeton I am considered an old fool.

•What I wanted to say was just this: In the present circumstances, the only profession I would choose would be one where earning a living had nothing to do with the search for knowledge. (Einstein’s last letter to Born)

source,
http://claesjohnsonmathscience.wordpres ... g7d7wt-70/

fibonaccispiral777
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2014, 5:15 am

I have heard that Einstein did not have an exceptionally IQ (though it was higher than normal) and that it was ultimately his unbelievable ability to dedicate himself to a problem fully and block all other thoughts from his mind. Apparently, his family thought he was exceptionally stupid, although intelligence can often appear to be stupidity if people are incapable of understanding you. Apparently alot of the theories Einstein came up with were created from day dreaming. Although there were obviously complex mathematical formulas involved, apparently alot of his primary ideas were fabricated through day dreaming. Also, apparently he also plagiarized a lot of information but I do not know if that is true or not.