Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Luisa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2007, 5:28 pm

Well, for me it just depends on the moods. If i'm OK i like to be touched, but if someone upsets me i want distance and i tend to have an agressive speech.

And don't you ever wake up KNOWING that something wrong it will happen that day, and even if you know it, it wont help avoid it?

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 5:34 pm

There are two kinds of shopkeers, the owners and managers of costly deluxe places. These are somehow obliged to be courteos, but their politeness is unctous and their smiles are forced. Their smiles are even more unnatural when you get out without buying anything, I avoid this and sometimes I buy something just to avoid these frosty hellos. In other shops where they sell everyday goods (bread, food, newspapers), they know you and may sometimes very nice. But then there is the problem of the queues. Other customers may turn very aggressive and unpleasant. Anyhow an aggressive exchange may put me down for hours. I have complicated networks of shops where you do not risk slights.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 6:07 pm

I'm touchy to the extreame. Some of the less recent members already know this. I take things personally, I have meltdowns and I find it hard to forgive, sometimes. I've also been bothered by a loss, longer than the average person would be.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 6:16 pm

I initially thought this topic meant do you like to touch/be touched, which I don't.

I can be sensitive/touchy (as you mean it) to/from people I like and want to have like me. Other people are not important to me, so I am not bothered by them.

Davidufo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2007, 9:34 am

Starr wrote:
I am touchy, 'oversensitive' as my mother used to call it. I've tried for most of my life to grow a 'thicker skin' but I haven't so far and at my age, I don't think it's going to happen.
It depends on how confident I'm feeling too, if I'm in a confident mood, things which would otherwise get under my skin I can just to brush off. I tend to withdraw but lately I've decided to stop doing that. It is giving power to whoever has done the hurt and I don't believe you should allow anyone else to have power over you.
Also I think maybe Jungian types come into it. (Jung again! Sorry, but it seems relevant here)
Feeling types think other types are as easily hurt as they are but often it's not so. I often apologise to my (thinking type) husband for saying something I think hurtful, but 9 out of 10 times he's not registered the remark as hurtful at all.
Also, intuitive types can pick up other people's moods which can be very distracting. It's a matter of building an efficient barrier, buffer, whatever you like to call it, between yourself and the outside world to provide a cushion to the incoming 'stuff'. I wonder if that's where the AS comes in? I've always thought my barrier/buffer/persona inadequate.

hmm, i can really relate to this

(...apart from the husband part, as i'm not married ... or a woman :lol: )

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2007, 9:46 am

I'm very oversensitive. Like other people have said, if someone I know doesn't smile or say Hi to me I assume that they don't like me anymore and I get really upset. I used to think of myself as thick skinned but I now realise that I was bottling it all up and not showing any emotion. I'm always being told "not to be so sensitive" but how are you supposed to do that??!

A problem I have is that when people hurt me I just laugh it off and everyone assumes that I'm really tough, but really I just hate showing any kind of emotion to anyone but my boyfriend.

Luisa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2007, 5:28 am

I used to hide all my emotions when i was younger.
When i met my future husband, i started to show a bit more of my feelings, and it wasn't so bad after all.
After 16 years, we got divorced, but i learn that showing what i think is not so bad, and if the others get upset, it's their problem, not mine.
I'm too honest, some people are not prepared to listen the thruth.
But when everything is OK, beeing touched is very very pleasent