Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GreenhouseGashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

DarkRain wrote:
Being humble isn't such a bad thing. Just saying.

I don't think in terms of good or bad, per se. But I value humility as being the implicit truth in everything that is natural.
Did someone say that humility is bad?

GreenhouseGashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2014, 7:59 pm

personworm wrote:
Calm down database! Your powers of analysis and deductive reasoning seem very impressive but I think they also make you seem very detached. I'm imagining a conversation with you face to face and your getting way to excited! Perhaps I'm misreading you! I'm not perfect but I do have a pointy ear! It's pretty cool! Also other stuff, plus thing.

:) It does seem to me that you are misreading the tone of my writing in two, and seemingly opposite, ways.
"detatched" and "too excited"
Do you imagine those two tones happening at the same time?
*curious and confused*

I felt my writing was coming from calm amusement, playfulness, sincerity, and logic.
Thanks for taking the time to offer your perspective!

<3

Last edited by GreenhouseGashes on 16 Jan 2014, 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

personworm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jan 2014, 7:59 pm

Despite my earlier attempt at well meaning sarcasm I don't mind the way you speak your mind GreenhouseGashes. A very Sherlockian way of thinking. If this is the way your mind really functions then I'm intrigued.

GreenhouseGashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2014, 8:10 pm

personworm wrote:
Despite my earlier attempt at well meaning sarcasm I don't mind the way you speak your mind GreenhouseGashes. A very Sherlockian way of thinking. If this is the way your mind really functions then I'm intrigued.

I've never yet been close with anyone who is autistic (that I knew of), but based on what I've very recently been reading about us, it is common for auties to notice patterns, to think logically, to hear language as literal and to miss and neglect the connotative layers of a conversation, and to have a rich connection to natural reality, rather than social reality. These are the ways of being which I have been exhibiting, from my perspective.

Surely, Sherlock was autistic?! No? I'm pretty sure Jesus was, too.

<3

personworm

16 Jan 2014, 8:23 pm

Probably wasn't a wise idea to use the lowest form of wit against an intelligent individual! You could probably site a much more appropriate non-fictional personality to compare yourself with!

personworm

16 Jan 2014, 8:37 pm

I didn't mean comparing your mental thought process to that of Sherlock was sarcasm(the lowest form of wit). I was referring to my first post in this thread! Mentioning that was probably rather redundant!
Employing the use of emoticons and such would probably help to better outline the tone of my messages, but I've never used them before!

GreenhouseGashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2014, 9:08 pm

personworm wrote:
I didn't mean comparing your mental thought process to that of Sherlock was sarcasm(the lowest form of wit). I was referring to my first post in this thread! Mentioning that was probably rather redundant!
Employing the use of emoticons and such would probably help to better outline the tone of my messages, but I've never used them before!

I have enjoyed all of your posts to this thread, personworm. :)

personworm

16 Jan 2014, 9:14 pm

Thanks! I'm sure your probably looking at my comments and thinking, 'look at this guy trying to seem more intelligent than he is'! Well, you got me!

GreenhouseGashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2014, 10:20 pm

personworm wrote:
Thanks! I'm sure your probably looking at my comments and thinking, 'look at this guy trying to seem more intelligent than he is'! Well, you got me!

:P I was seeing a child throwing pebbles or sand at another child on the playground when he wants to get their attention because he is interested in them.

I used to do such things to other children sometimes, at any rate.
That is to say, I took it as a compliment, and I felt a sense of connection to your methods.
:)

personworm

16 Jan 2014, 10:45 pm

That's a fair and poetic analogy I suppose! Your mind's eye is clearly further seeing and more illuminating than mine! Now I've got to try build myself a sandcastle! Laugh - (see, that's an actual laugh)!

Sare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2014, 5:14 am

hmm, things have turned quite interesting in here. Green, just popping in again to say that I took your initial post quite lightly! Again, Welcome to WP! :) :cheers:

personworm

17 Jan 2014, 6:30 am

Hey Sare!
How goes it? Green seemed to find me interesting enough to engage with. I always thought I came off seeming boring through text.

GameDevAspie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jan 2014, 10:58 am

Haha, I enjoyed reading through this, I could see both perspectives clearly and it's awesome that it's all been resolved in a friendly way. This seems like a great community based on understanding and tolerance.

I get where your coming from greenhouse, I honestly think the world would be a much better place if everyone was a little more AS. Though we do have our problems, there's still a great number of strengths that we have and we should celebrate and embrace those. It's not that we're better, it's that we're different, and diversity is what makes a species strong.

Personally, I think one of the best things about having AS is that there's a nice little laundry list of ways I can improve myself. Before I knew about my condition, I wondered if I saw the world differently to others and what differences there were. These days I have so many resources at my disposal that can specify issues I may have and not be aware of (e.g. recently I looked up AS and driving and although I was aware of most of it, there were other things I never realized, like NT's look at the actual driver of other cars at intersections to see if they are paying attention/stressed/etc, never occurred to me to do that). I can take note of these and improve myself. How many other people can go look up a list and see just how they differ (and everyone does) from the "norm".

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 11:29 am

Welcome,
Although WP has most of the same aspects and personalities you find on any online forum, it is however much broader in types of people and different views. It is also mostly made up of people on the spectrum. So I am sure you will fit in somewhere if you want to.

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 3:18 pm

Welcome :salut:
I love egotists! :lol: