I grok spiritual teachings which occur as cryptic to most others, and that
I am the master of my own emotional landscape, and that
I have such effortless and constant high self esteem, and that
I do not lie, and that
I do not judge others (value judgements), and that
I do not fight to be "right" (when I know I am or might be wrong), and that
I have been so fiercely diligent about denotative language and unable to
perceive/honor connotative language, and that
I have never cared about rank, authority, image crafting, conformity, etc. (social "reality")

... is that I am some kind of Autistic! :o

And then I arrived here. (dear god, please let me fit in!)

*curtsy*
GG

edited to repair a typo

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 11:14 pm

No mention of humility ... too bad ...

GreenhouseGashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2014, 12:06 am

Fnord wrote:
No mention of humility ... too bad ...

8O Maybe I won't fit in here, after all!
I have found many people, including NT's who deeply value humility, and depending on how you use the word, i do or don't embody it. I will assume, based on my experience in this harsh social world, that you are not asking for my perspective on humility, but that you would like to point out that I should appear more humble (you are making a value judgement)

:idea: If you are looking for a whiff of humility, you might reread and meditate on what it would be like to be this person:

"I grok spiritual teachings which occur as cryptic to most others"
I do not lie, and
I do not judge others (value judgements), and
I do not fight to be "right" (when I know I am or might be wrong)"

I'm telling you about the things about me that have been so socially odd, but which are explained by a diagnosis of autism. If you want me to appear differently, feel free to give me your opinion, but don't expect me to care, unless you are *adding something* to the data that I'm working with.

*high five*

Sare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2014, 2:14 am

*high five* I can relate to much of what you've said. Welcome! :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 3:16 am

It is common for people to joke around by listing a bunch of their good qualities, and then adding "and I'm modest, too!". People also warn their friends that they're being boastful by adding "and you're modest" when their friend has just recited a litany of everything great about themselves. I believe Fnord was alluding to something like that.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

GreenhouseGashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2014, 8:04 am

Ah yes. Thank you. Thank you very much!
(I am lost without being able to "like" your posts! I'll get used to it, sure and certain)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 9:03 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
It is common for people to joke around by listing a bunch of their good qualities, and then adding "and I'm modest, too!". People also warn their friends that they're being boastful by adding "and you're modest" when their friend has just recited a litany of everything great about themselves. I believe Fnord was alluding to something like that.

Yes.

I've met many people who liked to brag about how wonderful they have believed themselves to have been. When their apparent lack of humility was brought into question, they almost always retaliated by insinuating that they were somehow superior to the questioner, and then finished off with a flourish of feigned indifference toward the questioner. They eventually faded into obscurity when it was realized by all that they were "all talk and no action" types.

I hope that isn't the case here.

GreenhouseGashes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2014, 5:17 pm

Yes.

I've met many people who liked to brag about how wonderful they have believed themselves to have been. When their apparent lack of humility was brought into question, they almost always retaliated by insinuating that they were somehow superior to the questioner, and then finished off with a flourish of feigned indifference toward the questioner. They eventually faded into obscurity when it was realized by all that they were "all talk and no action" types.

I hope that isn't the case here.[/quote]

Thanks! I honestly don't relate to the way that you are (tentatively?) perceiving me judgmentally, overlaying intent on my writing (as you use words like "brag" "retaliate" "insinuate" "superior" "feigned"). I don't move through that kind of world. I only "understand" those ways of thinking/being as the behaviors that NTs exhibit in order to further their identity crafting and other social goals.

The purpose of my posting was to illustrate to others here one person's discovery of how deliciously awesome it can be to be autistic. I, perhaps optimistically, expected to be received with chuckles and nods.
Does that make any kind of sense to you?

<3

personworm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jan 2014, 5:36 pm

Calm down database! Your powers of analysis and deductive reasoning seem very impressive but I think they also make you seem very detached. I'm imagining a conversation with you face to face and your getting way to excited! Perhaps I'm misreading you! I'm not perfect but I do have a pointy ear! It's pretty cool! Also other stuff, plus thing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 6:04 pm

personworm wrote:
Calm down database! Your powers of analysis and deductive reasoning seem very impressive but I think they also make you seem very detached. I'm imagining a conversation with you face to face and your getting way to excited! Perhaps I'm misreading you! I'm not perfect but I do have a pointy ear! It's pretty cool! Also other stuff, plus thing.

Who is this "Database" person that you are addressing?

Did you perhaps reply to the wrong thread?

personworm

16 Jan 2014, 6:07 pm

Greenhousegashes person. Just a little interested in the his over analysis of other peoples comments.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 6:11 pm

personworm wrote:
Greenhousegashes person. Just a little interested in the his over analysis of other peoples comments.

Greenhousegashes is a "her" -- even a superficial analysis would have determined that.

:roll:

personworm

16 Jan 2014, 6:13 pm

I guess its just a quirk, and an interesting one to be honest! I doubt I could go toe to toe with them even if I had the latest Oxford dictionary/thesaurus at my side, haha!

personworm

16 Jan 2014, 6:17 pm

I never stated the thread owners gender! I'm not trying to upset anyone! It's just my blunt sense of humour!

personworm

16 Jan 2014, 6:18 pm

Sorry, I did! Apologies

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 7:24 pm

Being humble isn't such a bad thing. Just saying.