Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2007, 11:42 pm

My REAL fear is really Zelda II. I lied about my other fears. Zelda II scares me. :(

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 12:04 am

RedMage wrote:
My REAL fear is really Zelda II. I lied about my other fears. Zelda II scares me. :(

How so?

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 12:31 am

Mutiney! Arrgh!

-Get back here Psot ya' flyin blackgaard! Arrgh!

this post is PSOT!! !! !

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

13 Feb 2007, 12:46 am

Must be water. I had a dream last night in which I was in Australia or New Zealand on a mining road and a bridge was flooded out. I was super fearful to get near it.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 1:00 am

"The universe is a spheroid region, 705 metres in diameter"~The Computer (Star Trek)
It would be so funny to tell somebody this.

I'm posting this BTW.

mkultra
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Feb 2007, 4:44 pm

that people with high level social skill are able to control people with low level social skill.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2007, 9:21 pm

Failing at life.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2014, 3:08 pm

rejection of someone I care deeply for

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Dec 2014, 4:29 pm

Besides the usual fears that most people have, one I would like to state is the fear of being hit by a texting driver. I am absolutely sick and tired of people who text on the road. At least once a week an oncoming driver with their head down (and obvious signs of texting) drifts left of center and into my lane, sometimes forcing me to blow my horn because they are oblivious to their dreadful conscious state. I have seen multiple times texting drivers at Stop signs unaware they are holding up traffic when there are no cars nearby on the road they are to be pulling on to.

Today for example:

I turn onto a less busy route from where I work. It is a two lane township road in the country with little traffic. The car in front of me turns onto the road. I see a large dog standing in the middle of the road way ahead. Anyone aware of the road in front of them would see it. The car (traveling approximately 30 mph) makes no effort to stop, swerve, or anything as it approaches the dog. The car runs right over top of the dog. The car stops as the dog is writhing back and forth in suffering. After stopping my car many car lengths back, I watch as a distraught lady gets out of the car that hit the dog and approaches the canine. Now I ask, how could she have been so oblivious to a large dog standing in the middle of the road in plain view for several tenths of a mile? One theory is that she was texting. Regardless of the cause of her lack of attention, she apparently had no awareness of the road before her. What if that had been a child?

It's not just texting that distracts drivers, it's also the cell phone. And speaking of cell phones, I took my older son bowling last week, and a man on another lane bowled an entire game while talking on a cell phone.