Do you think life is worth living when you're ugly?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you think it is worth it?
Yes 86%  86%  [ 19 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

kittyxbabe
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm

I'm actually ugly, trust me life just doesn't seem worth living. I get laughed at all the time in public, and at school. It's not even fair, almost everyone is attractive and then I'm ugly, it actually makes makes me physically ill to go to school and see how much better looking almost everyone is. People walk by me and they say things to the people they're with like "are you a boy, or a girl?"
-_- The only thing I can think about is plastic surgery (I plan to get a job and get 50k to pay for plastic surgery)

But do you think life is worth living when you're ugly?

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 7:55 pm

i am not attractive but i have chosen to go the quirky route. if someone is funny and quirky enough looks do not matter.

it is what happens in life unfortunately

So I'm never in a rush

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 7:59 pm

I almost cried reading this
(((Hugs)))
Life is worth living, I hope you learn that your looks do not define your worth.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm

Stop focusing on what you think everyone else has going for them and take a look at what you have. There's something you have to be grateful for, isn't there? Focus on that.

kittyxbabe
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2014, 8:04 pm

[quote="DarkRain"]Stop focusing on what you think everyone else has going for them and take a look at what you have. There's something you have to be grateful for, isn't there? Focus on that.[/quote

Of course, but the thought of never getting to date is driving me crazy..

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 8:04 pm

"ugly" is SUCH a subjective word it's not even funny.

Those people saying that stuff are just plain rude. To belittle someone for their opinion of physical appearance is what ugly is.

Diagnosed in 2005

kittyxbabe
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2014, 8:07 pm

salamandaqwerty wrote:
(((Hugs)))
Life is worth living, I hope you learn that your looks do not define your worth.

It's hard to learn that when people around you and society teach you that it is.

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 8:20 pm

kittyxbabe wrote:
salamandaqwerty wrote:
(((Hugs)))

It's hard to learn that when people around you and society teach you that it is.

Hard but very very important

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 8:21 pm

kittyxbabe wrote:
salamandaqwerty wrote:
(((Hugs)))

Hard but very very important

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 8:43 pm

kittyxbabe wrote:
I'm actually ugly, trust me life just doesn't seem worth living. I get laughed at all the time in public, and at school. It's not even fair, almost everyone is attractive and then I'm ugly, it actually makes makes me physically ill to go to school and see how much better looking almost everyone is. People walk by me and they say things to the people they're with like "are you a boy, or a girl?"
-_- The only thing I can think about is plastic surgery (I plan to get a job and get 50k to pay for plastic surgery)

But do you think life is worth living when you're ugly?

I grew up hearing the same thing. I'd guess they're commenting less on your looks than the outside "packaging". Try not to take it to heart, because it really is meaningless. :wink:

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jan 2014, 8:56 pm

How old are you?

I got the boy/girl thing a lot in my early teens as I had hair that eventually reached past my shoulders, and that was that for many simians in school and about town.

A great thing about adulthood is that what may look weird on you in school may become distinguished when you're older, and when facial features fill out they can give surprising results. Many famous or otherwise attractive folk didn't look at all good growing up. Eat well and stay fit is my advice, as that will help you look better through age, scant consolation as it may currently be.

In secondary school also there was one lad in the year above me who acted nastily and quite bizarrely to a bunch of us. He was also relatively tall at the time, had a good jawline and a bit of hair, was slim and fronted a cocky band with his classmates. I needn't tell you who the girls preferred. He's now in the year below me at the same university and hasn't grown a bit since in height, but what he has grown are a neckbeard and a large paunch, and he dresses like a child. I'm sure we wouldn't be cold towards each other if we started talking tomorrow, but when I see him in campus I secretly feel good about myself.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 4:28 am

Life is too short and time goes too quick to commit suicide over such things.

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 3:11 pm

In my opinion if someone is ugly & people like them then it shows that the people like them for their personality & not their looks.
That is a good thing. Take it from me........

I'm a good looking person & VERY often people approach me just because of my looks. Their motives are often sexual coz all they are interested in is my body. If someone is ugly and people like them then the people that like them are good people, rather than predators.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 3:21 pm

Yes life is definitely worth living, and you are probably not ugly anyway, I don't even know what ugly is to be honest.

When I was a kid, I used to get called a dog by a group of other kids, and they used to bark at me and stuff. I actually believed that I must have looked like a dog, when in actual fact I was quite pretty.

I wasted so much time believing what other people said about me to be true.

Please don't let the same thing happen to you. Find some kind of strength within yourself and f**k them all off.

kittyxbabe
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm

Uprising wrote:

It's something I have to deal with every second of every day though

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 7:48 pm

kittyxbabe wrote:
Uprising wrote:

It's something I have to deal with every second of every day though

So do I.