E____, I retreat cause I feel too much - early dxd 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
E____, I retreat cause I feel too much - early dxd 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 60

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 1:40 pm

54together wrote:
I'm an ENTJ, and I call myself a 'loner' because I have no friends outside of school (I live too far from school to see school friends in spare time).
I'd be more outgoing if I lived nearer, but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot. :(

I know how it's like... My best friends don't live in the same city as I do :( Two live in another state...

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 1:59 pm

I voted, "INF_, I retreat cause I feel too much - late dxd" although I have not been formally diagnosed. I hope that is okay. I get INFP or INFJ on those tests but I think I am really INFP.

droppy wrote:
And anyway, I think the mbti is not valid for people with mental disorders. I'll explain with.
The mbti was ctreated to analyze the personality of people, but it inevitably also examines some of the brain functions. But the brain functions that were taken as models to make the test were those of NTs because they are the majority. These is no mbti test that takes as models the brain functions of people with mental disorders. Therefore there is no accurate test for people with AS or other brain differences.
Example:
People with AS are going to score as introverts in most cases. But are they actually introverts or it's just the lack of social skills that make them score as introverts? Who can tell that? For example, I do prefer one-to-one conversation, but that's just because in a group I feel overwhelmed and confused by all the people speaking around me because I can't filter background noise, not because group discussion by itself is tiring to me. So what am I really? An introvert? An extravert? I can't know.

Excellent points droppy. I have thought a lot about the same, whether or not I am truly an introvert, though it seems obvious that I would be. But I have some traits that are strongly extroverted. I need interaction with a variety of people and I feel out of sorts if I don't get it. I am unhappy I spend too much time alone.

I need time alone to retreat from other people, but I spend a lot of that time thinking about people and trying to sort out what happened with them, and/or prepare myself for the next time I will interact with them. I am not sure if I need the downtime because I truly need to be alone, or if I just need extra time to process what happens when I am around other people. I think it is some of both, but more the latter.

nouse
Raven
Raven

28 May 2014, 5:09 am

Tests give me ENTP but I think I'm ENTJ. ENxJ are the most P and most I of the ExxJ category. I like ISFP personalities and they understand my very dark sense of humor. I have my xSFP out of the control moments as well which makes me propably an ENTJ.

I think Isaac Newton was an ENTJ at least Jung typed him as such contrary to popular INTJ. BBC Sherlock is also an ENTJ. I behave a lot like him.
ENTJ is not the people leader but idea leader. When light bulb turns on I take the control otherwise I'm passive.

I have lots of aspie features but not enough and I can manipulate people. I think I'm a pretty good thought reader (I'm accused of being one).

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 5:47 am

ISTJ, 25, yet to be dxd.
I retreat cause I feel too much.

The survey should have answers of I_T_ , I_F_ , E___ and "other" instead of INT_ and INF_ and E___. I had to vote in INT_ (which is similar but not accurate since my "Sensing" is at 78%) because I am definitely not an "Feeling" type and not an Extrovert.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 8:29 am

Kiriae wrote:
ISTJ, 25, yet to be dxd.
I retreat cause I feel too much.

The survey should have answers of I_T_ , I_F_ , E___ and "other" instead of INT_ and INF_ and E___. I had to vote in INT_ (which is similar but not accurate since my "Sensing" is at 78%) because I am definitely not an "Feeling" type and not an Extrovert.

I know.
It was my first topic post so I didn't know how to do it, and the poll thing was kind of hard-work