Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 6:02 am

Is it me or is the amount of couples formed here internally on wrongplanet shockingly low now that I think of it?

I'm friends with a few people who are coupled via this website, but other than them, I don't know a lot of people (if any) on this forum who are having a relationship with each other.

Any thoughts?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 7:04 am

<--- Not currently in a relationship with anyone, WP or otherwise.

Hooraydiation
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2014, 8:05 am

Participation on this site seems pretty low, and its members too spread out, for many couples to form out of it

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 9:54 am

Hooraydiation wrote:
Participation on this site seems pretty low, and its members too spread out, for many couples to form out of it

That was the feeling I have gathered. While there are a lot of members (compared to many other forums I'm on), only a few members are very active, and that double handful or so are scattered literally all over the world.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 11:38 am

Thats not to say it doesnt happen. Usually they just leave wp afterwärds

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 3:32 pm

I'm going with MXH on this one. Many just leave the site once they've met somebody here. On the surface it looks like there aren't many WP couplings but I bet there are really.

I don't want to be cynical but from what I have gathered many come here under the guise of help but once they do a bit of soul searching they realize they are just lonely. And if or when they do find someone from WP they end up leaving because the site no longer has a use for them. Not to say that there's a proper or improper way to use the site outside of what the rules state :P if people find love through WP, good for them.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 3:39 pm

^ users often leave L&D once they find someone, not just necessarily from WP.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jan 2014, 4:26 pm

I'm one of the 1s who's in a relationship with someone on here but Casstranquility has never been much of a poster on this forum so it's pretty much just me talking about it all. I met the girlfriend I had before her on this site too but she realized she was better off without a relationship due to her desiring more independence & less emotional closeness. I didn't post as much as I did before when I was with my ex due to not having a reason to complain as much & being distracted by her. I haven't posted as much as I used to when I got my current girlfriend due to being distracted by her, being happier & we moved in together a little over a year ago so I've been more busy with life stuff. I'm kind of sporadic with posting now; example we were gone for 3 weeks vising my family during the holidays & we were kind of busy with things before we left but hadn't had much to do the last couple days but will go shopping tomorrow & have an appointment the next day so I may not be here for the next couple days but I may.

I think like me some couples who meet on here don't come here much due to being distracted & busy * being in a better mood. Also it may seem like there should be more couples here considering how many posters they are but when factoring in things like members here are all over the world & not everyone wants to do the long distance thing. more women than men here are here to learn about Aspergers for someone else instead of having it themselves; the women are more likely to be here because they have a partner, relative, friend or child with Aspergers. women with Aspergers generally have an eaiser time getting in relationships than Aspie guys; I'm NOT saying they have an easier time maintaining a relationship but they tend to have an easier time getting in one because of the way the social roles work & that Aspers is thought to be a more extreme male brain so an Aspie girl is more like an NT guy than an Aspie guy is like an NT girl. also some women here have a negative opinion about Aspie guys; some guys complain & rant when frustrated & it gives a bad vid; I've done that myself.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 4:55 pm

IMO there are 3 types who visit L&D.
-The loners
-The smug taken person who likes to act better than the loners
-The people in relationships trying to help others get into one

In Nick's case, I can totally understand why he doesn't frequent, and why many other WP couples don't come here either once they hook up.
I mean they're happy, they're busy, and are focusing on their own relationships rather than other people's. Why would you come to a dating board in that situation? I know I probably wouldn't.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 5:05 pm

Four, actually:

-Those who are just bored in other forums.

I've had a good run of dating and married life, so if tend to think I might have something valuable to contribute.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 5:23 pm

I was dating a man off her for over 2 years. Before that I long distance dated a man on here. He then dated another girl off here.

There are quite a few couples that form.

So I'm never in a rush

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 6:00 am

The idea of dating is more appealing than actual dating :P