Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2005, 2:36 pm

This post is going to be really sad. It is filled with broken hearts, missing phone calls, and traitorous girls. If you're actually willing to look at it, go ahead. but it's better you clicked the back button on your browser. Because this is the true story about the girl who dumped me.
Her name was Samantha Reindeau. She was 18, and she lived 12 blocks from my house in Fair Lawn, NJ. She attened Fair Lawn High School, and you will see her perform in their next play, which I didn't go to. She was a Yankees fan, and a Democrat, just like I was. She wasn't the same religion as me as she was Catholic, but her mother was Jewish just like I am, as I found out later while searching her address on Google during boredom. She didn't like public transit, but she was willing to talk about anything I wanted to. I knew she was 4 years older, but I couldn't help falling in love.
The date was Saturday, December 4, 2004. I woke up early, going to bowling like I did every Saturday at the time. This bowling program, for disabled people, used volunteers from the local high school. I originally just thought I'd be chatting with the male volunteers like I usually did. But when I got there, I saw this beautiful girl with black hair and brown eyes. I'd seen her before, but this time I took notice because she was wearing a shirt that said NEW YORK CITY on it. My love for the city started me in asking her if she loved the city just like I did. She said she iddn't like it. After that, we started chating about mass transit. By the time the program was over, I spent all the time between turns chatting with Samantha, and I found out a lot aobut her. When I left the bowling alley and went into the car to get back home, I realized I had fallen in love.
The next week, I did the same thing. I chatted some more, and found out more stuff about her. I told her I had a crush on her. She had told me she loved me, so I was glad. Then after that, she left a few minutes early because of work. Next week, I said to myself, I would find out where.
The week after, she wasn't there. She overslept, she said the week after the holidays were over. One of the staff was passing out slips for the volunteers, and I looked at hers. I found out her last name and her address. Then, I found out her parents were divorced, which must suck. Now, as for her workplace, that's later. I was so happy! That day was one of the best ever!
Now this is where the sad part comes in. You better turn back now, or else. You might want to just look at a transit thread, as this is too depressing.
So, every other week, she didn't show up. 3 out of 7's a bad percentage. I got sad every time I went there. When I got home, I cried. I felt like I was in hell.
I wanted to send her a card, so I did. My parnets wouldn't let me send a Valentine, only a thank-you note. So I did. I just hope she read it.
She was unlisted in the White Pages. Then I looked through the slips again on the last day. I spelled her last name wrong! I re-checked the White Pages. There was her real name, in the White Pages under the address that is closer to me! Unfortunately, my parents wouldn't let me call her. I was crying in bed every night. I also had plans to illegally hop the 171 bus and go over to her house. I was hoping she'd call back, as I put my number in the card. But she never did.
2 weeks later, I did something illegal. While I was home alone, I called her. I left a message. Since I forgot to give my number, I did it again the next Sunday, the next time I was home alone. I got her dad. who gave her to me. I had woken her up, so I could barely hear her. I was so frustrated, I just said CALL ME BACK and hung up.
My mom somehow figured out I did it when I asked a question about lying. I spilled the beans. My mother gave me a lecture, but didn't punish me. She did yell at me for following the advice of a message board instead of her, though. I had asked about this on an advice forum prior to doing it.
Then, I thought about it. She pulled a Benedict Arnold on me! Traitor! I was so pissed off that I posted her address and phone number on another forum to get her revenge.
I then declared the crush over that night. My feelings are still there, though. I pray for her every night. I hope that the Holy Adonai will contact Jesus and tell him to get Samantha to call me. I started becoming more religious for it, at least a little. I think I know why Hashem gave me this crush. He did it to give me faith.
But I flip-flopped. It wasn't over. I just couldn't get over such a beautiful girl. So, after 2 weeks of convincing my dad to take me to the mall, I finally succeeded. At 1:30PM the next Saturday, I went into the store where she worked. She wasn't there. I was pissed off the whole day. Again, I started crying in bed. I will just never get over her!
On March 13, my dad banned me from the computer for the whole day because I hit him, which was because I was in the middle of making a post. I decided to give him revenge. I would also prove to him that I could cross the street by myself, and ride a bus too! So, I did. I went to the park with my dad, and after I got home, I told him that I was going outside. I started to walk to her house. I decided to walk because it was a nice day. But when I got there, she wasn't home. She was practicing for her play on a Sunday! I gave her sister my name and number and told her a little about the situation, and then headed home. Her sister was about my age though, and because she was very similar, I just with I could get to know her, but I never will. But due to my asthma, I took a bus part of the way back. All I got from this was a punishment of hell. After it, I was forced to live in conditions that were not much better than those of the concentration camps.
I ran out of ideas, and left it alone for a few weeks. I wasn't as upset as before, but I now wanted her sister. I said I'd get over it, but within a few days, I was back and crazy. But at least I didn't do anything for a few weeks after that! But then, one day I saw her in the Shop-Rite. She didn't notice me, and I couldn't wave to her because she was busy paying for her food. Dammit!
Then, I started an online petition. I figured taht if it could save whales or stop malls, it could get my girl back for me. It's at http://www.petitiononline.com/171NYGWB/ ... nline.html and I hope you sign it. But despiteheavy advertising, I only got 3 signatures.
One day while I was home alone, I called Nikki Hegewald, another volunteer from bowling who I knew and liked. Even at 1:00PM, she was home, and I talked to her. I told her about how I was going crazy, and all that stuff. Unfortunately, she had to go back to school. She said she'd try to talk to Samantha, but Samantha never called back. In fact, because the answering machine was moved, my parents found out that evening. Recently, against my parent's permission, I got e-mail. So, I went right to work. I e-mailed the high school, and the mayor. But I got answers from neither. But I do have a scheme going on with an online freind of mine named Caitlin Ballard, who says she's willing to call Samamtha. She keeps putting it off, though. But I doubt it'll work either.
But I did one last thing. Even though I consider Orthodox Jews weird and too extreme, I relied on them for something. Since I can't make it to Israel, I sent an e-mail to have a prayer to God for Samantha writtenin the Kotel, the Western Wall of the Temple in Jerusalem. That is the holiest site in Judaism, and maybe now God will see that I mean buisness. Hopefully now, he will answer my prayers and give me the love that I need and want. But I doubt it, as even though I prayed like a maniac, I still made too many mistakes with Samantha for it to work out.
So, that's my story. I see you made it this far, so congrats to you! Everything in here is true, whether you like it or not. It's hard to beleive such sad things can happen in life, but they do. To get through this, you must be a very brave person. I should know, I'm still saddened by it. But it will go away someday. Or maybe, I'll get my Samantha back. I'll keep hoping. But I'll still try to get over her as much as I can. Maybe on this site I'll find a girlfreind who will be just like her.
So, if you're ever in the Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus, NJ on a Saturday afternoon, please stop by at the Hollister store and talk to her for me. If you are willing, PM me and I'll tell you which one. Ask for Samantha, as she works there. Then, tell her I love her and that I miss her, and that I want her to call me back. But before you do that, give me a PM that you're going so I can give you my real name.[/url]

Last edited by 171NewYork on 20 Apr 2005, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2005, 5:33 pm

171NewYork
Butterfly

Her name was Samantha ********. She was 18, and she lived 12 blocks from my house in Fair Lawn, NJ.

1)..perform in their next plays

1)..Yankees fan

1)..Democrat

1)..Catholic(She)
2).. Jewish
(her mother)
(171NewYork)

1)..willing to talk about anything I wanted to.

1)..171NewYork
Butterfly

&

Samantha ********(age 18, 2004)

1).."She didn't like public transit, but she was willing to talk about anything I wanted to."

BUT..."we started chating about mass transit."

Hmmm?...I was crying in bed every night. I also had plans to illegally hop the 171 bus and go over to her house. I was hoping she'd call back, as I put my number in the card. But she never did.

1).."This bowling program, for disabled people, used volunteers from the local high school. I originally just thought I'd be chatting with the male volunteers like I usually did. But when I got there, I saw this beautiful girl with black hair and brown eyes. I'd seen her before, but this time I took notice because she was wearing a shirt that said NEW YORK CITY on it."

1)..Why did they do this??????

A).." My parnets wouldn't let me send a Valentine, only a thank-you note. So I did. I just hope she read it."

B).."Unfortunately, my parents wouldn't let me call her. "

•And as one of his final thoughts on her

then, one day I saw her in the Shop-Rite. She didn't notice me, and I couldn't wave to her because she was busy paying for her food. Dammit!

[quote][/quote]

Why did your parents object?

How do you know that she
was playing, or do you think
there are other issues that
involve her family?

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2005, 6:25 pm

Can you explain it in a more simple way? :?

BTW, she told me she was in that play. :)

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2005, 6:47 pm

"Pulling your chain?"

"Playing the Sympathy Card?"

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2005, 7:03 pm

Are you saying that she was only being sympathetic about my disabilities? :(

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2005, 8:59 pm

That's what my intuition say's,
Sorry, I don't mean to hurt
your feelings.

On a more interesting topic you
brought up, you subconciously
revealed aspect of you relationship
with your parents. Do you
guys talk, is there underlining
issues that you may have been
unaware of?

It is common when writing about
others you reveal your darker
places.

Hmm?

Most Curiously minded,
Ghosthunter

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2005, 5:59 pm

Basically, they treat me like Hitlre treated the Jews. :evil:

P. S. Oops, I realized an error in my first post...the play already happened, I forgot to udate this thread after I cut-and-pasted it in that sentence. :(

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2005, 2:48 pm

While my mom was napping, I wrote another letter to Samantha. I asked her to contact me, and I included my phone number and e-mail address. I put it in the mailbox in such a way that it wouldn't look different from being empty. She should get it on Saturday, and I hope she calls or e-mails me. But even more so I hope my mom doesn't have to send anything out tomorrow, because my plan will be ruined if she does.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2005, 2:57 pm

You are not going to like this but it doesn't sound as if she is interested in you the same way you are interested in her.

Plus, with you being 14, and she being 18, well, she might be looking for someone closer to her age. Or older.

BeeBee

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2005, 6:02 pm

And she has a sister who's my age, who seemed very nice as well from the 90 seconds I talked to her...maybe I could date her instead! :cry:

Bluestar113
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Apr 2005, 7:24 pm

ok so you are saying that she was just a volonteer and not another person with a disabilety??? I understand your feelings and I am sure she did not mean to hurt you, but your age difference is a big facter. I think it was wrong of her to lead you on. I am sure you will find some one. Probebly not her, probebly not her sister. but if you give it time you will find some one. but you do know she is 18 and you being 14 are a miner, it could get her in alot of trouble if she were to date you and I am sure, even thought it is hard, since you care about her so much you would probebly rather have to go threw the pain and try to find some one else then have her get into alot of trouble with the law.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2005, 6:13 am

Is this post a joke?

How can you love someone you've only just met. No offence, but I don't feel sorry for you and it sounds like you're stalking her.

This sort of thing happens to everyone. What do you mean dumped? You wern't even going out with her. She's hardly a "traitor".

Bluestar113

15 Apr 2005, 11:47 am

hale you must know that some times people have strong feelings when they havea crush on someone. Some times they mistake it for love but it is still strong. have a lillte compation

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2005, 2:53 pm

It's more than a crush. :heart:

Bluestar113

15 Apr 2005, 5:21 pm

I still thnk you should try to find someone (besides her sister) that is closer to your age.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2005, 11:51 pm

Arghhhh....*cusses insanely under breath*....GET OVER IT!! !
I've been obsessed before too, you have to learn how to get over feelings like this, I evantually learned when I was rejected. You should considertrying to like someone else.

Quote:
It's more than a crush. :heart:

You're 14, every emotion is exaggerated. If it were anymore than a crush, you'd be arrested for stalking by now (which I wouldn't suggest doing).

Anyways, you need to learn how to control your obsessive nature, it takes time, but if you focus you'll evantually stop thinking about her. Trust me, I went through shi* like this in middle school.

Another useful trick is to shift your obsession to something/someone else. Whenever you think about her, think about ________ (hobby) instead. It helps a lot.