Super Smash Bros. For Wii U & 3DS:Possible Leak?!

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2014, 6:30 pm

http://imgur.com/a/Berq5#LDAhQvM
(May need to open with another tab.)

For almost 3 whole days, these 2 pictures had made an impact on the Smash Bros. Communities. Despite through analysis on many accounts, there has been nothing to prove this set of pictures false, and they're slowly starting to appear credible.

Here are the notes which makes it look genuine.
-The model of Palutena has been examined carefully, and does not appear from any existing 3-D model. (Brawl trophy, Uprising trophy and AR-Card.) Thus it had to be made 100% original and from scratch.

-Mario has of course appeared multiple times from PotD, but here he is seen in a pose that has not been seen before in any type of media. (PotD, trailers, etc.) More on him later.

-The stage Battlefield is seen from an perspective that has been never seen before in both shots. (Does not exist in trailers, PotD, etc.)

I have more I could post, but I'll like to hear what you think. Then I'll be ready to explain some things.

Do you think it's real or fake?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 8:35 pm

Bezeone wrote:

For almost 3 whole days, these 2 pictures had made an impact on the Smash Bros. Communities. Despite through analysis on many accounts, there has been nothing to prove this set of pictures false, and they're slowly starting to appear credible.

-The model of Palutena has been examined carefully, and does not appear from any existing 3-D model. (Brawl trophy, Uprising trophy and AR-Card.) Thus it had to be made 100% original and from scratch.

-Mario has of course appeared multiple times from PotD, but here he is seen in a pose that has not been seen before in any type of media. (PotD, trailers, etc.) More on him later.

-The stage Battlefield is seen from an perspective that has been never seen before in both shots. (Does not exist in trailers, PotD, etc.)

I have more I could post, but I'll like to hear what you think. Then I'll be ready to explain some things.

Just because she's there, doesnt mean she'll be PLAYABLE.

She might be like one of the many characters in the last game who could appear from that one item that summoned them randomly, forget what it's called.... like Little Mac from PunchOut, or Saki from Sin & Punishment. It was cool to see them in-game, but their role was VERY minor. And the Smash community being what they are, if that's how she appears, it aint gonna matter as they'll NEVER see her, what with that dull "no items evar!!!1" rule that so many follow.

Still up in the air for me as to wether or not I'm going to end up bothering with the series this time around. Not sure. Still interesting to see news about it though I guess.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 8:40 pm

assist trophies

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 11:35 pm

It is an interesting fact that the very next day Sakurai released the bellow screenshot.
It seems to suspicious to be a coincidence that the day after a supposed leak of Palutena he would release a screenshot of Viridi, who will probably be the name of that level.

As for being an assist trophy or not, well in the screenshots Palutena has a clear black outline that has so far been used on playable characters, it is not known yet if it appears on assist trophy characters, but the basic idea apparently is so you can see your character better, which could make giving assist trophy character the outline counter intuitive.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 11:42 am

good point

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm

Misery wrote:
Bezeone wrote:

Just because she's there, doesnt mean she'll be PLAYABLE.

She might be like one of the many characters in the last game who could appear from that one item that summoned them randomly, forget what it's called.... like Little Mac from PunchOut, or Saki from Sin & Punishment. It was cool to see them in-game, but their role was VERY minor. And the Smash community being what they are, if that's how she appears, it aint gonna matter as they'll NEVER see her, what with that dull "no items evar!!!1" rule that so many follow.

Still up in the air for me as to wether or not I'm going to end up bothering with the series this time around. Not sure. Still interesting to see news about it though I guess.

Palutena appears VERY detailed to simply be an assist trophy. The small details like individual fingers would be pointless to give an Assist Trophy who are only there for around 15 seconds.

Compare her to Skull Kid here...
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnZZEvggg

An Assist Trophy on the technologically superior system has blocky fingers aside from the thumb, while Palutena on the technologically inferior does have individual fingers.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2014, 3:19 am

Bezeone wrote:

Palutena appears VERY detailed to simply be an assist trophy. The small details like individual fingers would be pointless to give an Assist Trophy who are only there for around 15 seconds.

Compare her to Skull Kid here...
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnZZEvggg

An Assist Trophy on the technologically superior system has blocky fingers aside from the thumb, while Palutena on the technologically inferior does have individual fingers.

*shrugs*

Level of detail on them looks about the same to me.

The one and only thing that makes it look like what's-her-face is playable is that dark outline.

Granted, I tend not to care about or notice much about graphics detail in most games, so that outline is the only thing that'll stand out to me.

Though, why they'd choose her as a playable character is a mystery to me. Even in the original Kid Icarus, she had almost no presence whatsoever. And that series.... if that word even applies to it.... hasnt exactly had a huge pile of sequels. Strange.

Not that I claim to understand Nintendo's screwball logic..... I just watch and wait for them to do something hilarious.

I love how I made this exact same post much earlier in the night and the glitchy forum just sorta forgot about it....

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2014, 10:52 am

don't forget Wii Fit Trainer. if somebody like that got to be a fighter, i think anybody could get in the roster.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2014, 7:33 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
don't forget Wii Fit Trainer. if somebody like that got to be a fighter, i think anybody could get in the roster.

Wait, just..... what?

So..... instead of picking from about a GAZILLION other possible interesting characters that people like, are familiar with, and that would fit the nature of the game, they give a spot to.....

....ugh. The more I hear about this game, the more I'm sure I'm NOT going to be bothering with it this time around. Granted, I dont like Nintendo as a company anyway in an overall sense, but Brawl at least was nice enough, even if the community kinda kills the enjoyment value of it for me. Though, at the very least it means not having to blow money on a console I dont actually want this time around, whereas last time I bought a Wii just for Brawl.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2014, 10:54 pm

Misery wrote:
AdamAutistic wrote:

Wait, just..... what?

So..... instead of picking from about a GAZILLION other possible interesting characters that people like, are familiar with, and that would fit the nature of the game, they give a spot to.....

....ugh. The more I hear about this game, the more I'm sure I'm NOT going to be bothering with it this time around. Granted, I dont like Nintendo as a company anyway in an overall sense, but Brawl at least was nice enough, even if the community kinda kills the enjoyment value of it for me. Though, at the very least it means not having to blow money on a console I dont actually want this time around, whereas last time I bought a Wii just for Brawl.

So you had not heard about Wii fit trainer? It is not as bad as it sounds.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBoL1Ic9uWw[/youtube]
Just look at previous entries such as Ice Climbers, Rob, and Mr. Game & Watch.

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2014, 11:01 pm

Misery wrote:
AdamAutistic wrote:

Wait, just..... what?

Sakurai is indeed unpredictable. (As well as a troll at times. The Rosalina reveal was a shining example, because he could have done it differently.)

Anyway, if I'm correct, Palutena does have some moveset potential, as we seen in one certain part of KI:U. Also, Kid Icarus in Japan is named after her. (Palutena's Mirror, I think.) Thus, it's apparent she has some significance in the game in Japan. (Though, who knows the mind of Sakurai?) Also, she seems to be a heavily requested character in Japan. (But that does not really matter.)

So who knows if she's in? Though, she should have a good chance at it.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 12:40 am

Bezeone wrote:
Sakurai is indeed unpredictable. (As well as a troll at times. The Rosalina reveal was a shining example, because he could have done it differently.)

Which is why Palutena would be perfect as she can be a bit of a troll too.
I hope her reveal will capitalise on that part of her personality.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 1:11 am

Bradleigh wrote:
So you had not heard about Wii fit trainer? It is not as bad as it sounds.

Ahaaa...... I take it back, then. That looks alot better implemented than I thought. It's still an absurd idea, but it looks like the right kind of absurd.

As for the others..... well, the Ice Climbers were the stars and focus of the game that carried their name (and it was a well-known game during that era), Rob was a Nintendo icon back in the day..... even if technically he had only 2 games and next to no support, everyone knew of him and what he was.... and Mr. Game & Watch carries alot of relevance, since the Game & Watch devices were a big thing for Nintendo way back when, and there are many of them. Palutena's selection really does seem alot more strange than any of those, at least to me.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 2:05 am

She is apparently the namesake of the Japanese title of her series, held a not too dissimilar position to Zelda in older titles.
Lately appeared in a cutscene from Brawl where I would not say she looked unfit to join, which is apart from being a Final Smash, she also had a trophy. In Uprising has a vocal presence practically through the entire game, which you could say has a bigger personality than a good percentage of Nintendo characters, and is "fought" on two separate occasions. And appeared in a couple of anime shorts, including starring in one.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 3:21 am

Bezeone wrote:

He really could have...got me all excited at the prospect of Kirby Air Ride 2, then the possibility of Kirby in Mario Kart only to have Rosalina & Luma revealed as new a Smash Bros fighter ( which was awesome news as I LOVE Rosalina but still...dick move with the method of announcing her ).

Also trolling us by not confirming Ness, Yoshi or Captain Falcon...well, Yoshi will probably be revealed very soon to coincide with the launch of Yoshi's New Island. Also waiting for Ice Climbers and Mr Game & Watch to be confirmed.

I do hope Palutena gets in, that these are REAL. We need more female characters, and I'd honestly prefer Palutena, Phosphora and/or Pandora ( in Amazon form of course ) to the often requested Magnus.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 3:37 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
I do hope Palutena gets in, that these are REAL. We need more female characters, and I'd honestly prefer Palutena, Phosphora and/or Pandora ( in Amazon form of course ) to the often requested Magnus.

Ditto, Magnus is just not really interesting as he is quoted as normal human. I was thinking Phosphora earlier due to her being Pit's counterpart with Viridi.