Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

zaneaspie
Raven
Raven

26 Jan 2014, 6:01 pm

GGPViper wrote:
I got a Tetris score so high that the game could no longer show it...

Respect

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 6:02 pm

Sometimes I feel as though most of the things I do are major accomplishments.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 6:15 pm

My biggest accomplishments are passing my ICT Foundation Degree and as well as loosing over 100lbs in weight to regain my failing health.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 6:22 pm

StuffedMarshmallow wrote:
I'm jealous of everyone's accomplishments, I should have thought of something better to post... ha there isn't anything better to post (for me!! !!)

judge yourself on how you feel about what you have tried or what effort you put forth.

there are over 7 billion individuals on the planet, no two are exactly the same and none of them can be expected to reach the same goals in the same way or at the same rate.

if the question has been posed differently - what have you done in the past 10 years - the best I could have done is "not killed myself or anyone else"

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm

It's tied between 2, so I'll mention both.
[1] As a nudist, I have always told people that all bodies are beautiful and that we should all be proud of them. I used to head the teen program here and it was important for me to live those words. Well, when I found out that I had breast cancer, I was afraid that after my double mastectomy that I would cover up, which would be a very bad example for the young girls whose parents are members here. After the mastectomy, the fear grew huge. I had kindof imagined a clean-looking flat chest with a couple of slashes where breasts had been. I had not anticipated a deformed looking SUNKEN chest. I had not anticipated the bruising and swelling. I had not anticipated the 4 tubes and bags coming out of my body. It was difficult emotionally, but only 3 days after my surgery I walked through the ranch with my head held high. I consider that, for me, quite an accomplishment.
[2] After decades and decades of "on the job training" I finally,FINALLY learned,both head and heart, that forgiveness is not synonymous with reconciliation.

corvuscorax
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jan 2014, 10:07 pm

Programming a Pokemon engine from scratch in Game Maker to make it accessible to the visually impaired, took 6 months of hard work and dedication to make that thing work. Watching it go is like watching your baby walk though, it's wonderful.

"Don't be That One Aspie..."

headhunter228
Raven
Raven

26 Jan 2014, 10:40 pm

I've got a couple of these that I like to tell people.

First, I earned All-State honors in Quiz Bowl every year I played, and I even earned MVP at one tournament. It was good to be in a competition that I was actually good at.

There's a story behind the second "achievement." Let me set the stage: Baseball. Tied 16-16 with our arch-rivals in extra innings. Bottom of the inning. The bases were loaded, and guess who was up to bat? So, I go up to the plate, and...proceed to strike out. BUT...on my final swing, my bat hit the catcher's mitt. According to da' rules, hitting the catcher's mitt with your bat is catcher interference, and is an automatic walk. With the bases loaded, that meant the game was over, and my team had won.

So basically, I won a baseball game for my team by failing completely.

I miss baseball...

-Count Threpe, The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

StuffedMarshmallow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jan 2014, 9:20 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
It's tied between 2, so I'll mention both.
[1] As a nudist, I have always told people that all bodies are beautiful and that we should all be proud of them. I used to head the teen program here and it was important for me to live those words. Well, when I found out that I had breast cancer, I was afraid that after my double mastectomy that I would cover up, which would be a very bad example for the young girls whose parents are members here. After the mastectomy, the fear grew huge. I had kindof imagined a clean-looking flat chest with a couple of slashes where breasts had been. I had not anticipated a deformed looking SUNKEN chest. I had not anticipated the bruising and swelling. I had not anticipated the 4 tubes and bags coming out of my body. It was difficult emotionally, but only 3 days after my surgery I walked through the ranch with my head held high. I consider that, for me, quite an accomplishment.

Does this make being a nudist harder for you? Does this situation help you understand why some people aren't comfortable with being a Naturism? Do you think this situation made you more open minded or less open minded?