Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 4:01 pm

Okay, less than a month until AutHaven, and I am busy putting together goody bags for all attendees. Though there is a small amountof customization because of allergies, special interests,etc. these are the items going into most goody bags. If you have other cheap ideas, please let me know. The bags are large decorated canvas totes.

[1] portfolio folder, which includes welcome letter, interaction badge instructions, menus and schedule.
[2] name tags, interaction badges and their inserts, red trigger warning signal
[3] hand lotion
[4] nail polish for females
[5] small bag of homemade cookies, including a gingerbread person
[6] bottle of water
[7]wrapped chocolates
[8] a copy of Iam Ford's book, "A Field guide to Earthlings." the author will be speaking during the retreat.
[9] grateful dead jointed 12" teddy bears, brand new with tags attached.very plush and soft.
[10]belly dance scarves
[11] mini flashlight [because it is dark at night]
[12] mini notebook and pen

Does this sound alright?

MegaBass
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2014, 4:08 pm

You're generous! I want one.

Really though I think you're overdoing it. I still want one. :D

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 5:01 pm

Colouring book and pencils? :P I like colouring, I just never get around to it.

Perhaps a small comic. When I go to conventions, people advertising their bigger work have small comic books put together, short story sort of thing. Nothing large, just like 5 pages or something.

Stickers? Like smiley face ones or something, or colourful. decorative ones.

Squidgey man? Stressball kind of thing.

Tangle?

If I think of anything else, I'll suggest it.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 5:36 pm

Some sort of stim toy. It doesn't matter what, just some sort of stim toy.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 5:46 pm

MegaBass; I take that as a positive response [just need to figure out how to get you one.there still are a few openings] Being on WP so often, I see so many sad people who it seems no one has ever made feel special. I want every autistic who comes to the retreat to KNOW how awesome they are. That is why I am putting so much work into the goody bags. That is why the first evenings dinner will be a traditional Thanksgiving type dinner [ to show our thankfulness of being together] That is why we went to the salvation army and purchased a ton of soft, comfy [yes, used] robes for everyone. That is why we are encouraging everyone who wants to,to add something they would like to share at the special interest table. I want this to be special for people in every possible way.

MegaBass
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2014, 5:59 pm

It is a positive response. I think its a lovely idea I wouldn't do it in case people didn't appreciate my efforts. How would you get me one? I don't know where this Aut thing is.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm

Wow Vicky. those sound great. I like the idea or a stim toy as well. I wish I could have a goody bag too. :D

Wreck It Ralph

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 7:36 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
[1] portfolio folder, which includes welcome letter, interaction badge instructions, menus and schedule.

Perhaps a form that can be scanned/mailed in to the presenters if attendees have any additional questions after the event?

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 7:38 pm

Love the goody bag! For an inexpensive stim toy maybe a stress ball? I think some people will bring their own stim toy if they know they need one, so you may not need to get them one.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 7:57 pm

Coil spring balls or cheap plastic rainbow slinkys.

Each female should get nail polish in their favourite colour.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 8:06 pm

A stim ball? I have actually never had any stim toys and neither has my son. I went to the dollar store yesterday [to get the mini flashlights and notebooks] and there were some squishy balls. I bought 3. I have no idea what stim balls are like but I felt very relaxed as I clenched and unclenched one of them in my hand, They are only a dollar at Family Dollar. Would they work, or no?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 8:11 pm

They work very well for me. The balls, I mean.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 8:17 pm

Yep, those squishy balls would work well.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 9:37 pm

thank you.

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 9:38 pm

no Thomas the tank engine or therapeutic putty?

You are very likely an Aspie

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 11:15 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
A stim ball? I have actually never had any stim toys and neither has my son. I went to the dollar store yesterday [to get the mini flashlights and notebooks] and there were some squishy balls. I bought 3. I have no idea what stim balls are like but I felt very relaxed as I clenched and unclenched one of them in my hand, They are only a dollar at Family Dollar. Would they work, or no?
If they made you feel relaxed I am sure they would make others feel the same way too. Stim toys can be anything. I have even used a piece of foam. Whatever relaxes you is great. I think it is awesome that you are being so thoughtful. I also think you should explore the world of stim toys. Wozeree has discovered a whole new level of joy with her new Plushies. You never know how much fun is in store for you! :D

Wreck It Ralph