27 Jan 2014, 8:41 am

I would have suggested sunglasses and ear plugs. :lol:

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2014, 9:04 am

zer0netgain wrote:
I would have suggested sunglasses and ear plugs. :lol:
Definitely and you can find really inexpensive ones.

Wreck It Ralph

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2014, 12:05 pm

Ear plugs! Oh my gosh,yes! I had them on my original list and forgot all about them. As far as sunglasses, I have a few pairs laying around here. I am putting together a basket to be kept in the common area where I will have toothpaste,toothbrushes, and a ton of toiletries I have from being an Avon lady for anyone who might forget to bring them from home. I think I'll just throw sunglasses in there as well.

I don't know if I already mentioned this, but in our "pre-poverty days" we used to go on a cruise every 2 years or so. One [of many many] things I loved about cruising was that they would leave bathrobes out for our use on the cruise[ they were put there for our use on the cruise, but not to bring home] So, last weekend we went to a thrift store and bought a bunch of soft,cozy robes [$2.50 per robe because they were half off] for people to use [and if they want, to bring home. We live in a camper trailer so we have NO extra room]

You know what? When the date for the retreat gets closer, I will probably get super stressed[ one reason I am doing everything I can in advance] but right now, I am having such fun with all of this.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2014, 12:15 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
Ear plugs! Oh my gosh,yes! I had them on my original list and forgot all about them.

I somewhat intended my suggestion as humor (AS people with sensory issues), but I'm glad it helped. :D

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2014, 7:48 pm

Vicky it puts a smile on my face to hear that you are having fun with putting this together. This is a really fantastic and wonderful thing you are doing and I am going to send you all the greatest wishes for it to be a phenomenal experience for everyone.
Hugs,
Skibum :)

Wreck It Ralph

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm

MegaBass wrote:
It is a positive response. I think its a lovely idea I wouldn't do it in case people didn't appreciate my efforts. How would you get me one? I don't know where this Aut thing is.

Vicky's AutHAVEN event is being held outside of Denver, as described in this thread (http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt248700.html).