Page 7 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 5:51 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
thechadmaster wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
From the looks of your first paragraph, you don't have a car because you don't want one.

im kind of jaded when it comes to car owners. the world of driving has so many unwritten rules, and people who ignore the written rules that i would have extreme road rage if i drove. i sometimes consider getting a car, but then i remember how unpredictable people can be. i just feel that if i can get by just fine without a car, why cant everyone else? with a strong nationwide public transit system, along side a privatized company(greyhound) we could easily get by without personal cars.

of course, business still needs vehicles, from taxis, to pizza deliveries to long haul truckers.

Most people prefer personal transportation. I hate public transport because it's usually late, the trains are often canceled, the interior of trains and buses is often horrible, and I'm too scared to listen to music or anything because my phone could get stolen.

In your own car, you go a direct route to where you want to go, you don't have to wait for it to turn up at certain places, you don't have to worry about it being late, you're in your own private space that you can keep as you like, and you can listen to music without getting mugged.

I'm getting a car when I'm 18, as long as I can afford it.
u can get mucked in london if u listen music? i mean..first person to try that to me would end up in ER if hes lucky i get that u are just 15...but if u never get mucked just grap first item in your hand wich can be used as weapon and run after :P

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 6:26 pm

When I visit big hard to drive in cities like New York, Boston, Chicago or L.A. I use public transit as much as possible. Also when I go to New York City (I live in N.J.) I use the high speed electric rail transit to Penn Station in Manhattan. Parking a car costs a bloody fortune in NYC to say nothing of the bridge and tunnel tolls. A train ride is a much better deal.

ruveyn