Closure of Adults with Asperger's Team (Nottinghamshire)

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

dmaher
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2014, 4:12 am

I must add here that I have posted this on behalf of someone else who agreed that I could, and that I am not in any way connected with the above campaign, the NAS or anyone involved in either,t5his is simply so that other people can read this and make up their own minds.I don't even live in Nottingham.

Nottinghamshire County Council are threatening to close the dedicated Adults With Asperger's Team that have been serving the needs of people over 18 with Asperger's in the county of Nottinghamshire (outside the city of Nottingham) for the last six years or so.

We here in Autistic Nottingham want to fight this, as the Team is vital to the well-being of people with Asperger's in the county. It's a step in entirely the wrong direction - instead of being closed, the services offered by the Team should actually be extended. So we have got together with the NAS to campaign against the proposals and we think we have a good chance.

What we need is some testimony from people who have actually used the service who can say how it's benefited them. Is there anyone you know who has had contact with the County Team and did it benefit them? Might they be prepared to contribute their words to the campaign? It could be as little as a brief quote, tho if they would be prepared to do more (like appear on the media with us) that would be fantastic.

If you know someone who might be able to help in this way please pass the message along and ask them to get in touch. Just to be clear, we are talking about the service for Notts County. not Nottingham City (such as NCAS) or any other county. We are looking for carers and family members as well as people with Asperger's.

For more information, see this link https://e-activist.com/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=10&ea.campaign.id=24261

Cinnamon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2014, 3:03 pm

I think that a person I know has used their services (not completely sure if it was Nottinghamshire or elsewhere)- and profited from them too. I don't know him that well, but I know his ex girlfriend, and she may be able to contact him. But perhaps he already knows.