Why do so many women trivialize rape?

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Lilya wrote:
Statistically there are very few women who actually report rape that never happened.

Somebody has never been to Harper College in Palatine, IL. Women accuse me of rape nonstop and they always come up with insane reasoning, such as seeing me in the cafeteria at 12:00 and assuming that I followed her in there. In fact, it happened to me yesterday by a group of 5 girls, and that is why I made this thread in the first place.

well that is different from rape, but yeah that happens. Because some aspies have non-standard body language and eye contact people are creeped out by them and get worked up over nothing. Usually what happens is one girl with an overactive imagination starts spreading rumors or tells a joke that is taken seriously and it snowballs. Don't know what to do about it other than have a different female friend be seen in public with you interacting normally, and even that doesn't always work. Just don't try and explain the situation to anyone. No one will ever believe that the behavior is unwarranted.

I had a situation on a public bus once where I was dosing off and this girl started screaming at me to stop looking at her. People started being suspicious of me and told me to stop so I moved to a seat facing the other way but she kept accusing me. At this point the other passengers concluded she was mentally unstable and began ignoring her. I have had 2 friends endure rape who I talked to about it and so I concluded that this girl had gone through some kind of trauma and convinced a collected female passenger to talk to her and get her to call a support person about it. It turned out my intuition was right. But the person was still suspicious of me for having such a specific intuition and for caring about a stranger enough to get help for them so I stopped talking until my stop.

You are very likely an Aspie

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Feb 2014, 4:28 am

I think some women are hypervigilant to being raped & are quick to overreact & assume that someone's going to rape them when they won't. It's understandable why women would be hypervigilant sense sense there's lots of stuff in the news & media about women being rapped, women are stereotyped to be the weaker sex & can get pregnant from rape.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 4:52 am

Aaendi wrote:
Lilya wrote:
Statistically there are very few women who actually report rape that never happened.

Somebody has never been to Harper College in Palatine, IL. Women accuse me of rape nonstop and they always come up with insane reasoning, such as seeing me in the cafeteria at 12:00 and assuming that I followed her in there. In fact, it happened to me yesterday by a group of 5 girls, and that is why I made this thread in the first place.

How many times have you been called to the police station due to their reports? If you have never groped or molested any of those women there is no base for any kind of charge.

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 10:27 am

Lilya wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
Lilya wrote:

How many times have you been called to the police station due to their reports? If you have never groped or molested any of those women there is no base for any kind of charge.

That isn't the way schools work. He could be kicked out of his college. Schools don't care what is right they care what is easier. Under title IX, and the recent press of schools that fail to pursue accusations there is pressure in her favor. In addition since he is aspie it is likely she is more connected to the community, and thus harder to displace without consequence. Schools love any excuse to get rid of underclassmen because underclassmen pay tuition but don't utilize expensive services like career services and job placement as well as the more expensive-to-administer advanced level classes so they get greater profit by having high turnaround and smaller graduating classes.

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 11:10 am

buffinator wrote:
Lilya wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
Lilya wrote:

That isn't the way schools work. He could be kicked out of his college. Schools don't care what is right they care what is easier. Under title IX, and the recent press of schools that fail to pursue accusations there is pressure in her favor. In addition since he is aspie it is likely she is more connected to the community, and thus harder to displace without consequence. Schools love any excuse to get rid of underclassmen because underclassmen pay tuition but don't utilize expensive services like career services and job placement as well as the more expensive-to-administer advanced level classes so they get greater profit by having high turnaround and smaller graduating classes.

You're a bit too defensive. Filing a false report is a criminal offense. Even if he is "only" being bullied, there are steps he can take. It's not good advertising for a college to get rid of a bullied disabled person out of convenience. He can fight for his situation, which would be more productive than slander whole female sex on an internet forum.

If he has never molested or harassed these women there is absolutely nothing these girls or his school can do to get him charged.

Based on the given details, I don't see his case of bullying much different to me getting bullied of being a rape victim. It's far from pleasant, but one has to fight through it and not lower oneself to the bullies' level.

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 12:14 pm

This is nuts. If you're being falsely accused of rape, you need a lawyer. If the lawyer tells you to get out of his office because you aren't being accused of rape and there isn't any charge to file, then you need to stop being paranoid about being accused of rape. Because you aren't. If the lawyer says you're being accused of rape but need documentation/witnesses, then go and get those, and take the girls to court.

Finally, if you're stalking people or going too far on dates, and this is about something that happened on a date or elsewhere that shouldn't have, and now you have a reputation and a lot of girls defending/protecting their friend -- deal with that. Go to the university ombudsperson and explain the situation, also mentioning your diagnosis, and see if it can be resolved.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 5:21 pm

It's so sick that there are girls that would go so far to make someone miserable. Also, if a person assaults someone it shouldn't make any difference what their gender is because they have the same motive and it's still a crime.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 8:52 am

Aaendi wrote:
Lilya wrote:

You know most men can walk around (even ask girls out and have sex) without being accused of rape, right? One false accustation, maybe but "all the time"? Either you're exagerating or there's something you're doing.

Also, like others have pointed out. If you haven't actually done anything that could be considered rape, you have little to worry about. Have you even had sex with any of these girls accusing you of raping them?

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2014, 10:40 am

Women pick on me because I don't have a lot of friends to back me up, so they can get away with more. If I had a lot of friends, women would be afraid of me retaliating on them. Nasty girls don't bother with guys who have good reps.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 12:15 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Women pick on me because I don't have a lot of friends to back me up, so they can get away with more. If I had a lot of friends, women would be afraid of me retaliating on them. Nasty girls don't bother with guys who have good reps.

Being a "quite loner" is far cry from "rapist" and a large leap to make.

I'm finding it hard to believe that being accused of rape (by multiple women you've never even slept with apperently) happens to you "all the time" without some kind of trigger or behavior on your part.

If it's simply a matter of a group of "mean girl" types saying "Look at that loser. Better stay away or he might rape us, haha!" Then that's bullying behavior and you should report them. I suspect there's more to this story, however.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 12:25 pm

Aaendi wrote:
It's one thing to use it in an expression like "that alien got raped by that wizard in this video game", and another thing to tell a cop that you've been raped, just to laugh at a guy getting arrested.

Pretty sure hardly anyone does that, and unless you have experienced it personally, I don't see why you're bitching about it.

What those girls are doing is immature, but it's not the same as being reported to the police for a rape you did not commit. If you can't deal with them, it's your responsibility to complain about them to a superior. Complaining to us is not going to fix the problem.

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 12:42 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

Being a "quite loner" is far cry from "rapist" and a large leap to make.

I'm finding it hard to believe that being accused of rape (by multiple women you've never even slept with apperently) happens to you "all the time" without some kind of trigger or behavior on your part.

If it's simply a matter of a group of "mean girl" types saying "Look at that loser. Better stay away or he might rape us, haha!" Then that's bullying behavior and you should report them. I suspect there's more to this story, however.

I completely agree.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Complaining to us is not going to fix the problem.
Agreed. Nor will making vast gender assumptions based on a few bad eggs. How's someone supposed to find a healthy relationship if they go around assuming every girl they talk to wants to put one over on men and is a false rape charge waiting to happen?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 4:15 am

^Avoid eye contact with girls, always have a tablet or a book. Avoid those who accused you, if you notice them in cafeteria/room, just leave.

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 9:00 am

this is a thread about a girl who doesn't realize/ refuses to accept her boyfriend is a rapist. If the description of her boyfriend sounds like you, you are, in fact a rapist. Otherwise the girls are just being as*holes.

www.wrongplanet.net/postt251391.html

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 7:41 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Lilya wrote:

Then they are probably too stupid to be in college, if they don't understand that rape involves physical contact and not just seeing someone in the same room with them.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com