Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 2:33 pm

it is not going to end well.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 12:53 am

i still think if she is guilty,she should have reoffended by now.she has been free for to long.thrill killers cant just stop

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 4:39 am

From what I have read, I would not suppose her to be thrillkiller on purpose. Sounds for me simply like an "Lets experiment with some drugs."-night with an sadly horrible outcome. So personal for me, its less "murder on purpose" but more of that "causing a death out of stupidity"-crime. (Dont know if there is that difference in the US law system, but around here if you as example cause someones death by forgetting to park your car propperly on an hill, and its starts rolling from itself, and then hits someone and kills that person, its not murder but "unlucky death, caused by an persons stupid action". So its still a crime, but there is much less sentence for it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 6:23 am

What matters is Italian law, not US law.

In the USA we do have "negligent homocide", and "involutary manslaughter" to cover the kinda things you're talking about.

And in civil law we have "wrongful death" lawsuits.

Recall OJ Simpson: he was charged with criminal homocide: regular old unmitigated willful homocide of Nicole Simpson, and of her male friend.

But ofcourse had the bucks to afford the "dream team" that got him off of that charge by creating enough "reasonable doubt" in the minds of the jury.

But years later the family of one of the victims sued him in civil court for causing "wrongful death", and actually WON because the standards of proof in a civil case are lower. So he was ruled both innocent AND guilty in the court of law (innocent in criminal court, but guilty in civil court).

Actually that could be a way out of the dilemma.

I dunno. Maybe the two countries could strike a deal: the USA lets the family of the victim sue Knox for "wrongful death" in an American court(maybe they get the royalties from Knox's book if they win) - in return Italy agrees that she does no time in either country, and is immune from deportation to Italy regardless of the outcome of the civilsuit.

The victim's family would still have to make their case in court (easier than in criminal court but still no guarantee- the fact that the Italian Government had so much trouble making the charges stick suggests that there is some major weakness in their case against her). If the family wins the lawsuit then Italy gets some flesh out of her so to speak, but she stays free in America. If they loose then she is off scot free.

Just a suggestion.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:08 am

Schneekugel wrote:
From what I have read, I would not suppose her to be thrillkiller on purpose. Sounds for me simply like an "Lets experiment with some drugs."-night with an sadly horrible outcome. So personal for me, its less "murder on purpose" but more of that "causing a death out of stupidity"-crime. (Dont know if there is that difference in the US law system, but around here if you as example cause someones death by forgetting to park your car propperly on an hill, and its starts rolling from itself, and then hits someone and kills that person, its not murder but "unlucky death, caused by an persons stupid action". So its still a crime, but there is much less sentence for it.
thats an excellent point.it was the perugia police that believed that it was a kinky satanic ritual sex game gone wrong.but if thats not the real motive and amanda knox is not a sex offender then the fact that she has not reoffended is irelavent.like i daid this is the most bizare murder mystery ever

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:39 am

It's as much as mystery as "Gone to Croatan" is. We know Guede killed her, barring some very small probability epsilon which you need an infinite improbability drive to see.

What matters here, to me and I hope to everyone else, is not American law or Italian law, but justice.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 11:34 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
thats an excellent point.it was the perugia police that believed that it was a kinky satanic ritual sex game gone wrong.but if thats not the real motive and amanda knox is not a sex offender then the fact that she has not reoffended is irelavent.like i daid this is the most bizare murder mystery ever

She's behaved herself alot better than both Zimmerman, and OJ Simpson have since being aquitted.

I say we keep Amanda Knox, and send Italy both Zimmerman, and OJ Simpson to deal with! That'll fix EVERYbody's wagon ( the Italian govt.'s, OJ Simpson's, and Zimmerman's).

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 1:52 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

She's behaved herself alot better than both Zimmerman, and OJ Simpson have since being aquitted.

I say we keep Amanda Knox, and send Italy both Zimmerman, and OJ Simpson to deal with! That'll fix EVERYbody's wagon ( the Italian govt.'s, OJ Simpson's, and Zimmerman's).
thats a great idea.zimmerman can become a volunteer fire fighter so he can help his community and fellow man.

simpson could get work as a muscle guy for La cosa nostra in sicili

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 5:25 am

I hope not because after studying the case I realised that there is no evidence against Amanda and Raffaele, and I am convinced that they are both innocent. The murderer is Rudy Guede.

perpetual_padawan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2014, 7:55 am

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
We also need to improve the criminal justice system here in America.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/know/

The criminal justice system works perfectly in the USA if you are moneyed and white. Otherwise, you're doomed to a nice cozy stay in a for-profit private prison.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 4:25 pm

Shadi2 wrote:
I hope not because after studying the case I realised that there is no evidence against Amanda and Raffaele, and I am convinced that they are both innocent. The murderer is Rudy Guede.

I admit, I'm not one hundred percent up on this case. Who is Rudy Guede?