Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2005, 8:39 pm

I like this idea.

Hello to the newbies.

I'll just go get some more chairs.

Elfman's daily 'poor me' message, brought to you by "It's All About Me" free to air frequency.
Thankyou for you subscription!

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2005, 10:15 pm

I would like if NT's posted more often instead of just lurking, when they just lurk it makes me feel as if they think their better or something and are just lurking around hoping a cure will be found or just to be able to put a finger on things hoping to learn how to control an aspie relative or child better instead of actually trying to understand them and accept them as they are.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2005, 5:17 am

I follow what you are saying, aspergian_mutant. Perhaps it is rather that visitors not on the spectrum feel shy or unwelcome here (which I really hope that they don't - we don't bite, much)? I would like to see more NTs posting though - it would help a lot for us to understand each other better, which can only be a good thing. Welcome all lurkers - come and say hello! 8)

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

tweedee5
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Apr 2005, 8:16 am

lurk alurk, the world needs more lurks. just cuz i'm "neurotypical" doesn't mean i'm "normal."

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2005, 6:14 pm

Some of these lurkers could be pedophiles! :shameonyou:

aspaware
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2005, 1:45 pm

Hi I'm an NT and sometimes lurk because I'm not sure what to say. But I certainly have no intention of causing anyone to feel uncomfortable. I hope this is not the case. I have an aspie son and my husband I'm sure is an aspie so I find it interesting to learn aspie views on the world. I would like to see aspies, auties, nt's and anyone else all live happily together. We are all human beings after all.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 8:50 pm

What is a lurker?

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 9:30 pm

Lurkers are forum members who read but rarely post. Some don't look well on lurkers for a few of the reasons you've read about in this post. I feel the bad rap is not always warranted.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 10:45 pm

I have no problems with lurkers. I lurk on most forums I go to. This is the only forum a post on actually.

aspergian_mutant wrote:
I would like if NT's posted more often instead of just lurking, when they just lurk it makes me feel as if they think their better or something and are just lurking around hoping a cure will be found or just to be able to put a finger on things hoping to learn how to control an aspie relative or child better instead of actually trying to understand them and accept them as they are.

I don't think many NTs will post here. Can't say I blame them, people on this site complain about them a lot. It would definitely make me feel uncomfortable.

171NewYork wrote:
Some of these lurkers could be pedophiles!

True, but if you don't give out your name, address, or other personal information, then what could they do to you?

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2005, 6:58 pm

I'm not really a lurker, more of I'm not on often.

<disallowed links deleted by moderator>

TowerOfSong
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2005, 10:52 am

Hello,

I am THE lurker par excellence and signed up specifically so that I could post in this thread. I'm finding this forum incredibly interesting and informative as I have only recently come across Asperger's. I feel that it is highly probable that I am an aspie but don't know what to do now that I have this suspision. I find it refreshing to have read posts from people that I find myself empathising with on issues that I thought were particular to myself, so... thanks, I may post more in the future for advice.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2005, 4:45 pm

This is the ONLY forum I even bother looking at right now. I don't see what's wrong with lurking. I don't, but there's always a few topics I have nothing to contribute to. Maybe lurkers are people who just have nothing to give to the conversation. A lot of us are lurkers in real life. 8O

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2005, 8:09 pm

I'm not a lurker, just a very irregular poster. :wink: