pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 4:08 pm

modernmax wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Asperger96 wrote:
Soccer22 wrote:
My school forced me to get into driving (which was ok with me). It was either you take drivers ed through them or take it with a private company for the semester. Your school doesn't do this?

:lol: My school doesn't STOP kids from smoking in the bathrooms or leaving school to get snacks from the gas station across the street. It will be the day when my school makes someone START something

Woodpecker wrote:
You might have to save up pay for your own lessons, bear in mind that driving lessons are expensive.

Unfortunately, I am unemployed

Enjoy that you do not live in Europe, especially in Poland. We have a very strict driving courses, and you must have at least 18 years old, from what I know it only in Europe, only the UK can make driving at 17.

I do not have a license, and not need it, because I can not afford a car. You write that your younger cousin is preparing to acquire a driving license and is younger than you. This reminds me of my first communion, I received it together with Confirmation, as I was much older, because I could not get at the age of eight years along with the other kids.

You don't need your own car, you can use your parents' or borrow one from a friend if you needed to. A license is still useful to have even if you don't have your own vehicle.

I live with my mom, we do not have a car.

Taking a driving license in Poland is very difficult, the exam is very challenging. Some people repeated it 6-10 times and every retake cost 1000 Zł.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 8:05 am

How are your driving license :-)

Cheer up, I'm sure someday you will have a driving license. And so you're lucky that you live in America. In Europe, making driving much more difficult.
I have 27 years old and do not have a license, but mainly for the fact that I am an unemployed full time student :) But if I had a job and i would afford a car, i certainly would have enroll to driving course.

My mom has some objections, similar to what has your grandmother that I have Asperger's syndrome that can cause an accident, and all that nonsense. Although she tells me that when I signed up for a course that will support me:)

From you post i presume you are bit jelly about you cousin.

"Jealous lead to dark side, and that bad is that" :D

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 8:34 am

modernmax wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Asperger96 wrote:
Soccer22 wrote:
My school forced me to get into driving (which was ok with me). It was either you take drivers ed through them or take it with a private company for the semester. Your school doesn't do this?

:lol: My school doesn't STOP kids from smoking in the bathrooms or leaving school to get snacks from the gas station across the street. It will be the day when my school makes someone START something

Woodpecker wrote:
You might have to save up pay for your own lessons, bear in mind that driving lessons are expensive.

Enjoy that you do not live in Europe, especially in Poland. We have a very strict driving courses, and you must have at least 18 years old, from what I know it only in Europe, only the UK can make driving at 17.

I do not have a license, and not need it, because I can not afford a car. You write that your younger cousin is preparing to acquire a driving license and is younger than you. This reminds me of my first communion, I received it together with Confirmation, as I was much older, because I could not get at the age of eight years along with the other kids.

You don't need your own car, you can use your parents' or borrow one from a friend if you needed to. A license is still useful to have even if you don't have your own vehicle.

my mother won't let me take the driving class, and she told me she will never EVER let me drive her car

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 8:57 am

Asperger96 wrote:
modernmax wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Asperger96 wrote:
Soccer22 wrote:

Woodpecker wrote:

my mother won't let me take the driving class, and she told me she will never EVER let me drive her car

And how old are you?

If you are 18, your mom has little to say, if you earned your own money, and you self paid for driving course

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 4:44 am

So I was just wondering if not enroll in a course of driving.

In my country, in Poland it is very difficult to get a driver's license, the course is quite difficult, many people in our twenties do not have a license. As for Asperger's I do not think that was the problem. As for driving in many states you can get it for free in the army
In Poland, until 2010 was the universal conscription, when I go before the commission draft board in 2004 when i turned 18, I was stupid to say i had a knee injury, and doctor turned me down :(

I'm thinking of taking a driver's license, my mom also is quite skeptical about this, but she says that would support me.

Like I said many countries are paying for the driving course if you sign up for the army.