Which movies are you excited to go see this year?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 4:13 pm

From now until the end of the year:
Planes 2
The Purge 2
Hercules
Lucy
Magic In The Moonlight
Guardians of the Galaxy
Get On Up
Love Is Strange
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Into The Storm
Expendables 3
Sin City 2
The Maze Runner
The Skeleton Twins
The Boxtrolls
The Equalizer
Gone Girl
The Interview
The Judge
Dracula Untold
The Book Of Life
Birdman
Whiplash
Nightcrawler
Horns
Interstellar
Big Hero 6
Fury
Foxcatcher
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
Dumb & Dumber 2
The Imitation Game
Horrible Bosses 2
Wild
Exodus: Gods & Kings
The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies
Unbroken
Big Eyes

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
russiank12 wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
From now until June:

The Lego Movie
The Monuments Men
Robocop
Winter's Tale
Endless Love
300: Rise Of An Empire
Lone Survivor
That Awkward Moment
Mr. Peabody & Sherman
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Enemy
Divergent
Muppets Most Wanted
Noah
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Rio 2
Draft Day
Transcendence
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Godzilla
X-Men: Days Of Future Past
Edge of Tommorow
22 Jump Street
How To Train Your Dragon 2
Transformers: Age Of Extinction

You seem to know a lot about movies. I just see you on film forums a lot.
Have you watched any of these movies yet? They've all come out by now and I'm interested in your opinion.

The only ones I actually had an opportunity to see were:

Transformers: Age Of Extinction- Better than the previous two Transformers movies and best of all, no Shia LaBeouf!

22 Jump Street- Funnier than the 21 Jump Street movie, especially with Ice Cube stealing scene after scene.

The Lego Movie- Despite its February release date, this was a great animated movie that will definitely be a "wild card" for the Best Animated Movie Oscar.

Edge Of Tommorow- I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, but this was one of his better movies and Emily Blunt was great too as a mysterious, yet badass soldier.

Godzilla- Much better than the crappy 1998 version with Matthew Broderick, one million times over.

The Monuments Men- Surprisingly funny heist movie, though I don't understand why this was poorly received.

Robocop- This was just as good as the original with great performances, including, but not limited to, Michael Keaton and Gary Oldman.

The Grand Budapest Hotel- This movie made me a Wes Anderson fan. The guy definitely knows how to direct a movie, especially after I watched his previous movie, Moonrise Kingdom.

Divergent- To this day, I'm still explaining to my mom the moral of Divergent, because my mom thinks this was too similar to The Hunger Games.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past- I'm still not surprised MARVEL didn't get Matthew Vaughn to return to direct, although Bryan Singer did a great job directing. This had great performances all around, especially, but not limited to, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy, and Michael Fassbender in their respective roles, along with Peter Dinklage as the villain.

Noah- OK, I get it. Not many people wanted to see this because they believed this to be "religious propaganda." I saw this movie, and it was obviously not "religious propaganda." Russel Crowe played the title character perfectly and I do plan on buying a copy of the DVD when the movie is released on DVD next week.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: OK, I get it. Not many Spider-Man fans were not happy with the casting of Jamie Foxx as Electro. I thought he gave a terrific performance as Electro. The movie as a whole was great too, especially with Sally Field stealing scene after scene as Aunt May.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier- I do agree with many people who thought that the Russo Brothers would screw everything up due to their background in comedy, yet the Russo Brothers managed to do just the opposite. IMO, The Winter Soldier was a much better movie than that cheesefest from 2011.

I also had an opportunity to see:

Under The Skin- If there is any movie that has been released this year so far that is a cinematic metaphor for the "Aspie Experience", Under The Skin was it.

The Lunchbox- I don't watch foreign movies and romantic comedies very much, but The Lunchbox was one of the best romantic comedies I've seen in a long while.

brackets
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2014, 4:36 pm

I don't really go to the movies because our local theatre turns the sound up way too loud for me to deal with, but I really want to see Guardians of the Galaxy.

russiank12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2014, 5:49 pm

brackets wrote:
I don't really go to the movies because our local theatre turns the sound up way too loud for me to deal with, but I really want to see Guardians of the Galaxy.

Wear earplugs! I love going to the movies and it helps not only with the sound of the movie, but blocks out the sound of the people around you...now, somehow to block out phone lights...?

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2014, 6:11 pm

russiank12 wrote:
brackets wrote:

Wear earplugs! I love going to the movies and it helps not only with the sound of the movie, but blocks out the sound of the people around you...now, somehow to block out phone lights...?
Have tried earplugs myself but theaters here are so full it isn't fun for me anymore. People can eat chips and m&m's and there are kids who are talking when the movie is running. Those kids don't like the movie and start listening to music on their phone or something or start calling friends or even play video games with volume high. I'd rather avoid killing people and not going ;) .

I am jealous of you guys. I have to wait for the blurays.

Maybe a bit strange but this movie just feels like an autism movie to me: Safety Not Guaranteed. It's different than most movies and really caught me off guard. Love the acting and the weirdness of it all.

russiank12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2014, 12:08 pm

Protector88 wrote:
russiank12 wrote:
brackets wrote:

Have tried earplugs myself but theaters here are so full it isn't fun for me anymore. People can eat chips and m&m's and there are kids who are talking when the movie is running. Those kids don't like the movie and start listening to music on their phone or something or start calling friends or even play video games with volume high. I'd rather avoid killing people and not going ;) .

I am jealous of you guys. I have to wait for the blurays.

Maybe a bit strange but this movie just feels like an autism movie to me: Safety Not Guaranteed. It's different than most movies and really caught me off guard. Love the acting and the weirdness of it all.

You have really rude people at your theaters! The people at mine aren't so bad, except for at kid's movies. I went to go see How to Train You Dragon 2 a few days ago and a baby started crying (why bring a baby to a movie?). Thankfully, I hyperfocus when watching movies/tv series, so everything just melts away for me.

And I really enjoyed that movie too! I'm not really sure what you mean by "autism movie," but it is pretty friendly for us because it isn't so blockbustery and loud.

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2014, 12:14 pm

I just found that movie to be a good recommendation for someone with autism. It's just a very autism friendly movie. Different people who don't fit in society. A nice story about something out of the ordinary. Didn't mean anything bad by it. Was the first movie that came to mind for recommendations for movies here. Really loved it! Found it so different from other movies I have watched. So rare to see something fresh and new these days.

One of the movies I loved a very long time ago was The Lake House. That movie blew me away with how good it was. Also, classics like The Notebook, The Green Mile, Seven Pounds are must see movies. If you haven't seen those, you owe it to yourself to make time for them ;)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 5:02 pm

hopefully any R or NC-17 movie since i just turned 17. 8)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.