Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2014, 7:52 pm

Yeah, I was a user here by the name of `1990` but had to re-install Debian and, like a total imbecile, had to use a stupid long and complex password :/

I learned a lot more about assembly and how the Linux kernel worked as well as more about logical gates. I'm thinking about getting into game programming and think that Gameboy assembly would be a good thing to put on my experience list as well as C programming. The thing is the both of them are big learning curves and requires a lot of reading and tutorials.

I'm really into eight bit computers and when I'm not doing something computer related or learning about how it works I read manga or watch the Nostalgia Critic and the DBZ abridged on Youtube. I'm currently in a relationship but it's sort of complicated as I sort of worry about what she would think about me when she meets me in real life. She doesn't really know what I really look like instead of pictures from last year and although she tells me it doesn't really matter, still worry.

Maybe this is why I haven't really made an effort to meet her in real life :/ She's a fellow Aspie and I have gotten emotionally close to her as she poured her heart out to me. ...

I'm opened to any questions and is looking foreword to making new friends here (like last time instead I didn't really spend that much time on here lol) :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 8:59 pm

welcome back :) please give your sweetie a proper chance to be your sweetie.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 9:11 pm

Welcome back. :)

BornThisWay
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2014, 9:38 pm

I'm assuming you have 'met' online only? Have you considered doing a skype type thing...it filters out some of the intensity of 'meeting'. I think it could help you get to meet more easily?
Relationships are precious, and when both are on the spectrum - well, they're even more precious.

Hart
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2014, 10:20 pm

Welcome back :D

"If you're not actively involved in getting what you want, you don't really want it."
- Peter MC Williams

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2014, 11:01 am

auntblabby wrote:

It's a little more complicated than that actually :/ We sort of had a big fight on Deviant Art over something stupid like a misunderstanding and I sort of said some things that I regret. I feel guilty over what was said and want her to hate me for it or be angry. Ever since I returned to the site due to feeling that I owe her an explanation and an apology, we sort of been friends ...

Is it wrong to feel jealous if she finds someone new ? I feel that she deserves someone better than me but isn't going to pretend that our time online together wasted because I became emotionally close to her, it's just that she's eighteen and deserves someone much younger and less out of shape and not good looking :(

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2014, 11:02 am

Lillikoi wrote:
Welcome back. :)

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2014, 11:07 am

BornThisWay wrote:
I'm assuming you have 'met' online only? Have you considered doing a skype type thing...it filters out some of the intensity of 'meeting'. I think it could help you get to meet more easily?
Relationships are precious, and when both are on the spectrum - well, they're even more precious.

I'm sort of afraid that she'd want to do a video chat with me and I was born with Fragile X Syndrome ... Skype and me don't get along on Linux and somethings not agreeing with one another :/ I agree one hundred percent on that and wonder if my sweetheart can sense my hesitation :? The only photo that she has seen of me is a controlled one chosen out of many, it being my best one in my opinion :(

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2014, 11:08 am

Hart wrote:
Welcome back :D
Thanks lol :P

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 12:22 pm

Welcome back :)
lol too many people already said that :P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 2:27 pm

MrOddBall wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It's a little more complicated than that actually :/ We sort of had a big fight on Deviant Art over something stupid like a misunderstanding and I sort of said some things that I regret. I feel guilty over what was said and want her to hate me for it or be angry. Ever since I returned to the site due to feeling that I owe her an explanation and an apology, we sort of been friends ...

LORDY, does THAT sound familiar! :oops: that is what I hate the most about having AS. I can feel where you're coming from here.

MrOddBall wrote:
Is it wrong to feel jealous if she finds someone new ? I feel that she deserves someone better than me but isn't going to pretend that our time online together wasted because I became emotionally close to her, it's just that she's eighteen and deserves someone much younger and less out of shape and not good looking :(

for 5+ decades I resigned myself to solitude and hermithood due to constant misunderstandings between me and the rest of humanity. but as they say, "life is what happens when you've made other plans." at least you had a friend for a bit. don't automatically consign her to the history bin though, keep chatting away with her and let things develop however they may, que sera sera and all that.

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 3:23 pm

Welcome :flower:

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2014, 8:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:
MrOddBall wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

LORDY, does THAT sound familiar! :oops: that is what I hate the most about having AS. I can feel where you're coming from here.

MrOddBall wrote:

for 5+ decades I resigned myself to solitude and hermithood due to constant misunderstandings between me and the rest of humanity. but as they say, "life is what happens when you've made other plans." at least you had a friend for a bit. don't automatically consign her to the history bin though, keep chatting away with her and let things develop however they may, que sera sera and all that.

Like that song 'make the world, go away' I'm wishing that it would :/ I already sort of upset her by asking her if she's just into me because she's horny and what would she do if the sex wasn't all that great :oops: I wasn't accusing her of being a whore or hoe or anything like that, I was being cautious because of past experiences with girls dating me in school and then breaking up with me because they didn't want to date an elephant man.

Your right, I should keep in touch with her and see what life brings but I also would like to know how she'd react to seeing me in a video and wonder if she'd still be attracted to me :( I don't meant to be melancholic and emo, but I hate having depression, low self esteem, and schizophrenia ...

Actually, I noticed that the crap fights and rage quits depend on my mood. If I'm sort of manic then I can laugh easily but when I'm depressed, I tend to take things the wrong way ...

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2014, 8:47 pm

Oren wrote:
Welcome :flower:

Lol thanks and that flower reminds me of a sprite out of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island lol :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 8:59 pm

MrOddBall wrote:
I noticed that the crap fights and rage quits depend on my mood. If I'm sort of manic then I can laugh easily but when I'm depressed, I tend to take things the wrong way ...

reminds me of that old doors' lyric-

people are strange, when you're a stranger-
faces look ugly, when you're alone.
women seem wicked, when you're unwanted-
streets are uneven, when you're down.

when you're strange, faces come out of the rain-
when you're strange, no one remembers your name.
when you're strange...

this song was sorta my anthem.