Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 5:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Just a quick note: dinosaurs more likely evolved into modern birds.

Have you seen this article about the "chicken from Hell"? lol http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/19/us/dinosa ... index.html

This one is interesting as well http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/12/h ... index.html (he would like to create a "chickenosaurus")

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 5:31 am

Shadi2 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Have you seen this article about the "chicken from Hell"? lol http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/19/us/dinosa ... index.html

This one is interesting as well http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/12/h ... index.html (he would like to create a "chickenosaurus")

I had not seen those. Thank you. Kentucky Fried Chickensaurus!

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

29 Jun 2014, 5:34 am

Just about everything with the exception of a bug, or a plant evolved from dinosaurs. Because they were here first. Here's my theory. Plant-starfish-reptile-pig-human. There ya go. The evolutionary chain. The meat eating vegan theory or whatever is not entirely correct either. The thing that makes our brains and stuff different from other animals, is mostly due to prepared, and cooked foods.

Anyone from antiquity who disected a pig, and a human would know that there are extremely close similarities. These religion's not only practiced not eating pigs, but cannibalism all together. Back in the day, eating a pig was construed as cannibalism. People these days forgot why they don't and just do the "thing to do because that's what we do" thing.

I remembered hearing from a jew once that it was not just a pig either. It was any animal with cleft hooves????? That was his excuse for not eating my venison.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 5:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Shadi2 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I had not seen those. Thank you. Kentucky Fried Chickensaurus!

lol you're welcome :)

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 6:41 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Berrylicious wrote:
I believe in the scientific progress made by us people. For example, some species of animals evolved from dinosaurs to modern day reptiles and other ones. I'm not the kind of person who's involved in the fight between who's telling the truth, creation or evolution. Depending on what I believe, I thought the world was created by God, which I was taught from a religious point of view. Now I'm not dismissing the creation myth, I've had mixed messages about how the world was created, how civilization evolved, how humans were evolved etc. I just don't get it. Like what am I supposed to believe. Sometimes I think science tells the truth and I've had doubts about the aspects of creation, as far as I know I don't think the world is 6000 yeas old.

Generally speaking my views on the world are on the border of humanist and a minor Catholic one. I believe in God, I believe in heaven, I believe in the afterlife, and apart from that I believe in reincarnation (though I don't want to be reincarnated as a celebrity!) I don't believe in hell. That's for one thing. I don't think of hell as a real place. I think it's a made up place that some religions use to scare people in order to get them to obey the rules. This is something that I wanted to point it out. I'm not despising religion but I'm not happy with some of the teachings. I also believe in the Golden Rule, a capitalism free society (meaning no capitalism), an egalitarian society, self reliance, spirituality, justice and war free.

Why not hamsters? But hamsters with feathers while we're at it.

Are you casting doubt on the fact that modern birds are dinosaur descendants?

Meh, I don't really care, I'm just tired and bored. Facts change whenever they want to though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that paradigm change also.

Ah no Keet "facts" are not changed by some arbitrary means, the understanding of nature changes as more evidence is garnered. Once again I find it amusing that it is the religious who speak in terms of "facts". How you lot bandy this term around, no scientist or science minded person would ever use the term the way the religious blithely use it. But of course you use it to deliberately obfuscate and deceive, you pretend that science is unreliable because it determines facts and them simply just changes its mind and presents new facts. Your world view with regard to scientific discovery and your portrayal of its laws and theories is either woefully ignorant or deliberately misleading.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 6:41 am

The jewish deal is a cloven hoove, kosher animal thing.

Are there any feathered lizards living today??? Birds feet look lizardy. Or lizardish.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 6:55 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Berrylicious wrote:
I believe in the scientific progress made by us people. For example, some species of animals evolved from dinosaurs to modern day reptiles and other ones. I'm not the kind of person who's involved in the fight between who's telling the truth, creation or evolution. Depending on what I believe, I thought the world was created by God, which I was taught from a religious point of view. Now I'm not dismissing the creation myth, I've had mixed messages about how the world was created, how civilization evolved, how humans were evolved etc. I just don't get it. Like what am I supposed to believe. Sometimes I think science tells the truth and I've had doubts about the aspects of creation, as far as I know I don't think the world is 6000 yeas old.

Generally speaking my views on the world are on the border of humanist and a minor Catholic one. I believe in God, I believe in heaven, I believe in the afterlife, and apart from that I believe in reincarnation (though I don't want to be reincarnated as a celebrity!) I don't believe in hell. That's for one thing. I don't think of hell as a real place. I think it's a made up place that some religions use to scare people in order to get them to obey the rules. This is something that I wanted to point it out. I'm not despising religion but I'm not happy with some of the teachings. I also believe in the Golden Rule, a capitalism free society (meaning no capitalism), an egalitarian society, self reliance, spirituality, justice and war free.

Why not hamsters? But hamsters with feathers while we're at it.

Are you casting doubt on the fact that modern birds are dinosaur descendants?

Meh, I don't really care, I'm just tired and bored. Facts change whenever they want to though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that paradigm change also.

Ah no Keet "facts" are not changed by some arbitrary means, the understanding of nature changes as more evidence is garnered. Once again I find it amusing that it is the religious who speak in terms of "facts". How you lot bandy this term around, no scientist or science minded person would ever use the term the way the religious blithely use it. But of course you use it to deliberately obfuscate and deceive, you pretend that science is unreliable because it determines facts and them simply just changes its mind and presents new facts. Your world view with regard to scientific discovery and your portrayal of its laws and theories is either woefully ignorant or deliberately misleading.

Religion is more of a conspiracy. Science is more of a theory. They both work about the same way when it comes to the afterlife, the soul, and the god mambo jambo. Both of them pull in all the facts, which is not much of any really, and come to there own theories, conclusions, and hypothesis. I could start stuff just by having a belief that god is the sun, and the earth is the mother of life. And make more stuff up from there. I could change the meaning of god all together, and just say it means good. I could believe that my soul is used for astral projection. Whatever? Stop making sense.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 6:59 am

yournamehere wrote:
Just about everything with the exception of a bug, or a plant evolved from dinosaurs. Because they were here first. Here's my theory. Plant-starfish-reptile-pig-human. There ya go. The evolutionary chain. The meat eating vegan theory or whatever is not entirely correct either. The thing that makes our brains and stuff different from other animals, is mostly due to prepared, and cooked foods.

Anyone from antiquity who disected a pig, and a human would know that there are extremely close similarities. These religion's not only practiced not eating pigs, but cannibalism all together. Back in the day, eating a pig was construed as cannibalism. People these days forgot why they don't and just do the "thing to do because that's what we do" thing.

I remembered hearing from a jew once that it was not just a pig either. It was any animal with cleft hooves????? That was his excuse for not eating my venison.

We are not more closely related to pigs than we are to whales, giraffes, zebras or hippos. We are not descended from them either, we just have a common ancestor. I think one of the reasons pigs look like us on the inside is because we have a similar diet.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 7:10 am

trollcatman wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

We are not more closely related to pigs than we are to whales, giraffes, zebras or hippos. We are not descended from them either, we just have a common ancestor. I think one of the reasons pigs look like us on the inside is because we have a similar diet.

They eat alot of bugs, and worms. Pigs don't cook. They don't just look like us on the inside either. Surgeons transplant parts from them on to us. Like the skin, and some stuff in the eyes. That is something that cannot be done with monkeys. As far as dna goes, we are not very far off from a chicken either. Soo, you're right.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 7:36 am

yournamehere wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

They eat alot of bugs, and worms. Pigs don't cook. They don't just look like us on the inside either. Surgeons transplant parts from them on to us. Like the skin, and some stuff in the eyes. That is something that cannot be done with monkeys. As far as dna goes, we are not very far off from a chicken either. Soo, you're right.

Originally humans didn't cook either, and I think our ancestors before agriculture probably ate worms and bugs too. Today humans eat a lot of potatos, carrots, onions and other root-like plants that grow underground. Pigs are always digging up food with their snouts so they'd eat those too (except potatoes are not native in places where pigs are native). In the end all mammals look pretty similar on the inside though.

And birds look a bit like dinosaurs. Their skeleton is similar too: dinosaurs have their legs below their body. Lizards and crocodiles have their legs to the side. Some of the old huge reptiles look like dinosaurs to us, but we can see from their skeleton that they are not true dinosaurs.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 3:08 pm

trollcatman wrote:
yournamehere wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

Originally humans didn't cook either, and I think our ancestors before agriculture probably ate worms and bugs too. Today humans eat a lot of potatos, carrots, onions and other root-like plants that grow underground. Pigs are always digging up food with their snouts so they'd eat those too (except potatoes are not native in places where pigs are native). In the end all mammals look pretty similar on the inside though.

And birds look a bit like dinosaurs. Their skeleton is similar too: dinosaurs have their legs below their body. Lizards and crocodiles have their legs to the side. Some of the old huge reptiles look like dinosaurs to us, but we can see from their skeleton that they are not true dinosaurs.

While I'm pretty sure our remote pre-human ancestors ate their share of bugs and worms, it's thought they had lived as scavengers, which had proved to be the precursor to hunting.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 3:35 pm

Yes. Just like I said before mr. Kraichgauer. We were pigs. Big fat calorie devouring, gluttonous eating machines. Just like now. Oink oink.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 5:38 pm

yournamehere wrote:

Religion is more of a conspiracy. Science is more of a theory. They both work about the same way when it comes to the afterlife, the soul, and the god mambo jambo. Both of them pull in all the facts, which is not much of any really, and come to there own theories, conclusions, and hypothesis.

Utter BS. A scientific approach to any sort of supernatural hypothesis is very simple, is there any evidence (again I see yet another poster wantonly using the term "facts" here), there is NO evidence, so the concept is then it is put into the category of a belief system until such time as evidence is produced. Religion on the other hand makes a complete afterlife resplendent with mansions, fiery pits, brimstone and multitudinous virgins at hand for the pleasure of the righteous maes, out of thin air.

It is absurd to compare the two approaches.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 6:00 pm

I'm sorry mr. DentArthurDent. I guess I forgot that awareness is not a fact because it cannot be proven. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the basis of religion either. Science is right! There are no facts to prove awareness. Your dreams, and your imagination is not real either. There is just no proof of that. You're not real. No proof of reality. It's not a fact. You cannot do anything else with this stuff that cannot be proven because it supposedly is not a fact either. There is nothing else there either. Even though you are aware, and if you and I were not bantering back and forth, reality would not exist.

The fact is. Science can only go so far. The rest is left up to your imagination. :wink:

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 6:47 pm

yournamehere wrote:
I'm sorry mr. DentArthurDent. I guess I forgot that awareness is not a fact because it cannot be proven. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the basis of religion either. Science is right! There are no facts to prove awareness. Your dreams, and your imagination is not real either. There is just no proof of that. You're not real. No proof of reality. It's not a fact. You cannot do anything else with this stuff that cannot be proven because it supposedly is not a fact either. There is nothing else there either. Even though you are aware, and if you and I were not bantering back and forth, reality would not exist.

The fact is. Science can only go so far. The rest is left up to your imagination. :wink:

It would appear that you are confusing evidence, probaility and fact. That we cannot necessarily prove something beyond absolute doubt does not mean the evidence cannot present a very high almost definite probaility of its existence.regarding human existence It's only in the nonsense fields of some philosophical thought bubbles where we get into existential crisis regarding am I really human or am I a tree. And as for imagination the bible goes a long way to demonstrate its existence, and evidence of dreams can be garenered using brain imaging and correlating these results with memories from the subject

My contention is that to call some thing a fact requires absolute proof and this is very hard to come by. Yet it is often called into play by people who have no other evidence than their own beliefs.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 7:26 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

It would appear that you are confusing evidence, probaility and fact. That we cannot necessarily prove something beyond absolute doubt does not mean the evidence cannot present a very high almost definite probaility of its existence.regarding human existence It's only in the nonsense fields of some philosophical thought bubbles where we get into existential crisis regarding am I really human or am I a tree. And as for imagination the bible goes a long way to demonstrate its existence, and evidence of dreams can be garenered using brain imaging and correlating these results with memories from the subject

My contention is that to call some thing a fact requires absolute proof and this is very hard to come by. Yet it is often called into play by people who have no other evidence than their own beliefs.

Essentially, your beliefs are all you have. A brain scan may tell you that something is going on. But it is not telling you what. You may go on to tell me that a tree has no brain, so it is not aware, but there is no proof of that either. This whole sherlock holmes evidence, probability, and fact thing belongs to a murder investigation or something. It is soo three dimensional.

The goof troop made some screwed up religion that makes no sence at all to a rational individual. I get that. Some peoples minds only go so far, and it is good enough for them. You should accept it. It may even be you. There may be other things going on that we may be able to learn, that we may not understand, or actually prove whith solid facts. There may be keys, and hidden ideas all around us. Waiting for us to find. The knowable. If you want to denounce everything that may be real, and unknown to you, and tell me you are sherlock holmes, it is science, it's not a fact, and there is no proof, than so be it. Unless you do it alone, it may be lowering the rest of us who choose to believe something in order to attain knowledge. And yes, sometimes there is a difference between what you know, and what is a fact. There are soo many unexplainable things all around us, it is hard, if not impossible for me to believe that science is all there is. Things that can be real, but if explained, can make you sound like a complete lunatic to others. Experiences I have had that I do not dare to talk about with a rational individual such as yourself. I'm pritty good at deciphering things. I like picking up pieces to puzzles everywhere I go. Those idiots in those books have something to say. Right or wrong, let them say it.