Resident Evil Composer didn't write the music for the game?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 7:14 pm

http://www.screwattack.com/news/beethov ... rite-games

Apparently he has been suffering with a hearing loss since 1997 when he was composing for Resident Evil.

Quote:
he paid a mystery composer commissions for his work and continued to do that with his release of Onimusha: Warlords in 2001. He has been praised for other famous works that are not his own, like the Hiroshima Symphony, dedicated to survivors of the atomic bomb; and his Sonatina for Violin, a piece that will accompany figure skater Daisuke Takahashi at the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
All of these revelations come courtesy of his anonymous lawyer, because Samuragochi "is mentally distressed and not in a condition to properly express his own thoughts."

Well I'm not going to able to look at the series the same way again. We may never know who really composed that creepy yet beautiful bittersweet theme music for the item storage chest room.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 8:33 pm

Thankfully I never could enjoy Resident Evil. It's too disgusting, and this coming from a guy who'll play just about anything... including the ever bloody Prototype 2.
But even still, sounds like the guy took credit for something he did not do. what a low life if you ask me. While I hate Resident Evil with a vengeance, I hate guy's who fake everything they do, lie about it, and steal credit from other people. Sounds like a regular Thomas Edison. Nickola Tesla for the win.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2014, 1:32 am

I just looked it up, this is referring to the soundtrack from the Dual Shock version of the game. I didn't play that one for very long, I preferred the original music.

Although I did play a lot of the DS port of the game, I don't remember which soundtrack that used.