Project on Asperger's and Pragmatic Language Use.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

lightwing12star
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2014, 2:26 pm

Hi all,

I am new on here. I am doing a project on Asperger's and semantic Pragmatic Disorder.This project is for a clinical linguistics module for the last year of my degree. I find Asperger's particularly interesting because my eldest brother has it and I believe I have some traits of it.

I have basically created a test which tests some pragmatic language areas.I have a few hypotheses which I am testing. I will compare the results with people without Asperger's as well. It will take around 20- 25 mins, but maybe quicker.There are 19 questions. You will of course be kept anonymous.

I hope that some of you may find the time to do it.It would really help if you could.I think I may keep the survey going for 2 -3 weeks depending on how many replies I get. Maximum probably a month. You will have to be 18 or over.If you need any more information,Just message me.If you can't answer anything, Just state that you don't know.

Also the questions are quite interesting, so its not boring lol.

Would just like to add that if you don't have Asperger's you can still do the survey but you would have to not have any other type of autism as I am just testing those with just asperger's and those without autism at all. You can have other types of disorders though as long as they don't impede too much on you giving answers.

It would also be best that you have a very high level of English. You do not have to be a native speaker but you should be able to understand English very well.

*Please read the instructions at the beginning as it explains how to indicate in your answers whether you have asperger's or not for example so that I know when i collect the data!

Finally here is the link to the survey-

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid= ... 824x411367

Thank you!

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 3:39 pm

lightwing12star wrote:
Would just like to add that if you don't have Asperger's you can still do the survey but you would have to not have any other type of autism as I am just testing those with just asperger's and those without autism at all. You can have other types of disorders though as long as they don't impede too much on you giving answers.

What's your stance on nonverbal learning disability? Where does that fall?

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 6:23 pm

I noticed you said you couldn't view individual results. Next time you do a survey, you may want to try one of the following:

Survey Monkey
Tiger Survey
Fluid Surveys
Soorvey

All of those allow you to view individual results.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Feb 2014, 7:03 pm

You might want to PM a mod to get permission for this thread, or it might be deleted. They don't want to risk a conster conducting an unauthorised test on vulnerable people.

(Not saying you are a con artist, but they like to make sure)

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:12 pm

Ann2011 wrote:

I'm guessing you're thinking of a different meaning of "pragmatic".... but I don't know.....?

The pragmatic aspect of language is things like reading between the lines and seeing how words take on additional non-literal/non-concrete meaning in different contexts/situations and with different people.

Love transcends all.